Our partner

Question about possible symptom.

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Question about possible symptom.

Postby TheHydra » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:15 am

It may be a symptom of AS or it could be an entirely different thing. I'm not sure which is why I'm asking.

Recently, I have noticed a divide in my personality. It's like I have two distinct 'modes'. The first being a generally sweet person who will do anything to avoid offending people and never blames anyone else for a thing. You can be the meanest person, bully me, abuse me, whatever, and I still won't dislike you as a person. I'm also generally quiet and have a bit of trust issues.

The other mode however is a completely twisted and sadistic person who thinks ill of even the slightest offenses and I'll get urges to hurt people and I'm generally more extroverted. Nothing is ever fair for me when I'm like this and I'll go out of my way to hurt other people.

Now, these two 'modes' both give me completely different thought processes and outlooks on the world, and I'm wondering, is this part of my Aspergers' or is it something different? How it feels for me personally is almost a mixture of DID and Bipolar. I don't get memory lapses and these two 'modes' aren't separate personalities like DID, but neither of my 'modes' are really depression or manic like Bipolar.

So what do you guys think?
TheHydra
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Question about possible symptom.

Postby caughtinafray » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:04 pm

From what I can tell, it sounds like black and white thinking, which is often associated with Asperger's. But, it sounds a little extreme to be just an AS symptom, especially with the statements:

You can be the meanest person, bully me, abuse me, whatever, and I still won't dislike you as a person.

And,

Nothing is ever fair for me when I'm like this and I'll go out of my way to hurt other people.

I don't have any certainties, but you should definitely seek professional advice, diagnosis or not.
DX: Asperger Syndrome, ADHD, Bipolar type 2
caughtinafray
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (64)

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post