Our partner

Your concept of other people

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Your concept of other people

Postby Wwttff » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:04 am

This is something I've been increasingly struggling with, so I thought I'd as here. I'm interested in how you think of other people. For example the fact that they think and feel, is it just än abstract concept that you acceptera or can you look at someone and just know that they can see you and are thinking about you too? Do you feel that you're surrounded by people like you, or dö people sometimes feel like movie characters. And for that nätter, how do you think about yourself?
Wwttff
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Your concept of other people

Postby guy44242 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:53 am

Wow do I have an interesting response to this one.

I guess really to start off I view them as lesser than me. As a bunch of sheep following a common model and clumping together like dust in space. I see myself as superior and I often think that I alone can "see" the world for what it is, not clouded by the poor emotional blocks of others. However, this is just my mind being delusional, of course I often swap in and out of this belief, usually depending on the way people treat me. I am not a narcissist, as I don't manipulate and hurt others, and I am capable of controlling my own view of myself to a degree. However, I am extremely sensitive and any criticism or insult from neurotypicals will send me into hours of deep mental healing which quite frankly, I can't bear most of the time.
Now to the negative side of things: I feel misunderstood and alone, and I also feel kind of insecure as well because I feel like I am not able to create a solid ego around myself, and around others I feel like a body of blood and incapable incompetence and it's horrible.
Now to the neutral: I just view people as machines really, I sometimes am extremely lonely, but other times I can somewhat relate to people. It is extremely difficult, and I sometimes go to far, but when conformity is needed I am able to exercise it to a small degree and actually fake my way though stuff.

Another thing I didn't mention is how overly careful I am. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around others and even the slightest odd look from me and they will pounce. I suffer from mild to moderate social anxiety as a result, and I feel like even the nicest comments are received negatively on their part, and for this reason I either feel like an outsider or alien with superior mental capacities surrounded by animals or a normal person amongst others with my own unique way of looking at the world, as everyone is both unique and similar to me when I am in this "mode".
guy44242
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 am

Postby Wwttff » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:38 pm

I guess my problem is that my beliefs seem kind of superficial, sort of fragile. As soon as I Focus on them it's like when you repeat a word until it becomes pointless sounds. I become aware of that what I think is MY THOUGHT, when was used to just thinking "oh this person must feel this or think that".
Wwttff
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 am

Postby innocent21 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:40 am

This is something I've been increasingly struggling with, so I thought I'd as here.

Okay

I'm interested in how you think of other people.

I think people are multi-dimensional. How they behave if you do X on one day, is different to how they behave if you do X on another day.

For example the fact that they think and feel, is it just än abstract concept that you acceptera or can you look at someone and just know that they can see you and are thinking about you too?

The latter.

Do you feel that you're surrounded by people like you, or dö people sometimes feel like movie characters.

I believe people are like me even if they don't feel the same things as I feel. Millions of people are doing what I'm doing and millions of people want to do what I want to do. Only I react how I react, but so does everyone else. I was never called weird in school, so I suppose I can blend in as normal.

And for that nätter, how do you think about yourself?

Typical behaviour, weird opinions.
innocent21
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:22 am

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post