Our partner

Asperger, Schizoid and other Personality Disorders

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Asperger, Schizoid and other Personality Disorders

Postby Snaga » Mon May 25, 2015 10:03 am

EarlyMorning wrote:You see the problem for me with that test, is that some of the questions were 2 fold. so i may have hit "agree" for the first part, but "disagree" for the second part. I'm very literal. So that would perhaps give a false result.

For example, if a question said "Do you seek attention at parties and always get noticed?" or something like that, my answer would be no/yes. Because I don't seek it, but it happens.

So what do you do in those circumstances with those questions? do you just concentrate on the first part, even if that isn't true, or on the flipside, what if the first part is very you, but the second part never in a month of sundays?

Or is this why this test is for PD's only and those with Asperger's shouldn't take it? Not just because of how I read the questions, but because if I had a PD, all of the question would apply/not apply?

Confusing.

There was one question about being confused. I was happy when I saw that one. I agreed to it. Don't know what PD it related to? Depressed or paranoid probably. Like why is my paranoia score so high? And my depressed? Just cos I like a whinge? It's fun. Not depressing! And why is my narcissism zero (and obviously makes me look like a masochist)? and why is everyone a high percentage of schizotypal?! :shock:

The only thing I can relate to is the negativistic (which is why I laughed) although I actually am a glass half full actually. And the hypomaniac. That's understandable. Although with sensory issues in AS I'm hyper (sensitivity) not hypo.

Anyway, I'm not sure this test helps all that much with looking at AS against any of the PD's because we may well be a mixture of the mix. Or at least a topsy turvy version. Or both.

Yeah even sleepy I caught that about the two part questions. Had the same problem. Also no you're not hypomanic lol I got my hypo and hyper mixed up. Man I'm tired. And only 4 hours sleep so far. Sigh.
We do not delete posts.
Please do read the Forum Rules
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:08 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby creative_nothing » Mon May 25, 2015 10:10 am

For example, if a question said "Do you seek attention at parties and always get noticed?" or something like that, my answer would be no/yes. Because I don't seek it, but it happens.

This is clearly a no. AND means that both parts should be true.
Dx. GAD
In the animal kingdom, the rule is, eat or be eaten; in the human kingdom, define or be defined
Thomas Szasz
creative_nothing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 pm

Postby shadowrift » Mon May 25, 2015 7:07 pm

Ok, well I don't know about DSM and all of that. All I know is I'm waiting on my AS dx assessment date and I have been told, in writing, dx for Asperger's. So I guess here in the UK they still call it that, as that's what it's been written as in all the correspondence I have from them.

Actually I received some papers today talking about me recently being diagnosed with asperger syndrome, which is really strange considering my therapist AND doctor both corrected me when I mentioned asperger and told me nowadays they don't have it anymore. And they said at all my meetings with them that I have Autism spectrum disorder.
My thought is that they still have some old form when printing out offical paper and haven't changed the system yet.
I guess also most people still find it a lot more helpfull to keep the word for a more correct and specific meaning when talking about autism spectrum.
shadowrift
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:08 pm

Postby EarlyMorning » Tue May 26, 2015 12:34 am

creative_nothing wrote:

This is clearly a no. AND means that both parts should be true.

If it was clear, I wouldn't have needed clarification would I!

lol

jeeze.

thanks for pointing it out so politely though.
Life is full of small disappointments - Henrik Hanssen
EarlyMorning
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:08 pm

Postby creative_nothing » Tue May 26, 2015 1:11 am

Sorry, I am a mathematician.
Dx. GAD
In the animal kingdom, the rule is, eat or be eaten; in the human kingdom, define or be defined
Thomas Szasz
creative_nothing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby EarlyMorning » Tue May 26, 2015 1:26 am

Ah. ok. Well I'm not. It was a clear as algebra to me. ie: opaque.

Used to have a maths teacher at school who when I asked her questions would either say "Are you trying to be a smart arse?" (when I asked something such as "how can you possibly add letters together?") or "it just is" (when asking why the answer was correct in regards to the answer we were told was correct).

Leads to confusion and public humiliation.

Onwards.
EarlyMorning
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby creative_nothing » Tue May 26, 2015 11:46 am

I though aspies were good on math. I know logic is more philosophy than math.
Dx. GAD
Thomas Szasz
creative_nothing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby EarlyMorning » Tue May 26, 2015 1:18 pm

^That's the general assumption, yes.

Some of us are more creative subject strong, such as language, art, music, etc. I think it's a common misconception that all Aspies are mathematically/physics inclined.

I'm sure I would have been ok at maths when younger if I'd had someone teach me in a way that I could understand. But hey ho.
EarlyMorning
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MeUnknown » Thu May 28, 2015 5:21 am

Your personality style is:
Schizoid
Your test scores suggest that your personality style entails: A defect in your ability to form social relationships and an under-responsiveness to all sorts of stimuli. You exhibit an intrinsic emotional "flatness" where the highs don't get too high and the lows don't get too low. Emotions like joy, anger, and sadness do not move you as much as they move other people. Your natural state appears to be one where you have "retired" a bit into yourself, which is one source of the calmness that characterizes your normal state. Unlike what might be expected, your passivity and lack of vitality is not a form of self-protection, but simply seems to be your natural state.

Narcissistic: 0%
Antisocial: 57%
Histrionic: 0%
Dependent: 14%
Sadistic: 14%

Compulsive: 57%
Negativistic: 57%
Avoidant: 42%
Depressive: 57%
Masochistic: 14%

Borderline: 14%
Paranoid: 57%
Schizoid: 100%
Schizotypal: 28%
Hypomaniac: 0%

Well, I'm diagnosed with both: SPD and PDD-NOS.
Dx: SPD & PDD-NOS
English is not my first language. Personality type: INTJ
MeUnknown
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Previous

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views