Our partner

Real vs Fake. Warning: This thread could create controversy

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Is being labelled with a personality disorder important to you?

- Yes, because it helps me learn more about myself.
27%
- Yes, because it gives me a badass image.
4%
- Yes, but for a different reason than those mentioned above.
4%
- No, not at all.
31%
- I think Demon is hot and sexy.
33%

Total votes : 45

Re: Real vs Fake. Warning: This thread could create controve

Postby Obsidian » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:11 am

Tempo wrote:
burgundysnowflake wrote:I could care less how real or fake I seem to you, it isn't a contest.

Don't you mean couldn't care less?

Figure of speech. Weren't you a Yankee? :­P

The expression I could not care less originally meant 'it would be impossible for me to care less than I do because I do not care at all'. It was originally a British saying and came to the US in the 1950s. It is senseless to transform it into the now-common I could care less. If you could care less, that means you care at least a little. The original is quite sarcastic and the other form is clearly nonsense. The inverted form I could care less was coined in the US and is found only here, recorded in print by 1966. The question is, something caused the negative to vanish even while the original form of the expression was still very much in vogue and available for comparison - so what was it? There are other American English expressions that have a similar sarcastic inversion of an apparent sense, such as Tell me about it!, which usually means 'Don't tell me about it, because I know all about it already'. The Yiddish I should be so lucky!, in which the real sense is often 'I have no hope of being so lucky', has a similar stress pattern with the same sarcastic inversion of meaning as does I could care less.
“God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.”
Obsidian
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Tempo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:17 am

Obsidian wrote:Weren't you a Yankee? :­P

I was. Now I'm with the Red Sox.
Tempo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Obsidian » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:21 am

Jänkare. :­P
Obsidian
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby burgundysnowflake » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:46 am

Demon wrote:You want me to tell you whether or not I've acted on my urges...? :|

I don't 'allow' it to get that strong. It just does. The homicidal urges are generally triggered by aggression or, in some cases, the look of a particular person (usually a random stranger or acquaintance) who I find sexually appealing.

As for the aggression build up itself, that could be related to a chemical imbalance, but I don't know because I've never bothered to see a doctor about it.

You can if you want...it isn't necessary though.
So, fcuking up a person is how you show affection? If I am confusing you with my confusion, my bad, I am just NOT getting this reaction you have to interacting with people, and why it is aggression you experience. You sound like some wild animal.

Yes. I think it's just the way you express yourself at times. Then again, maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

Probably. When I get "aggressive" in my writing it is excitement. Hmm, now that I think about it I do get aggressive when excited.

I used to do martial arts and a street style of self defense that included weapons training. I still train at home occasionally, but not as much as I should. I'm also into kickboxing and boxing in general, but I'm not doing any of that through a trainer at the moment. I usually just beat up a boxing bag when I need to release energy and aggression if I can't find release any other way.

Somehow I have this "feeling" that it ain't working out for you.

-- Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:48 am --

Tempo wrote:
burgundysnowflake wrote:I could care less how real or fake I seem to you, it isn't a contest.

Don't you mean couldn't care less?

Ya know, I actually heard a discussion about that on the radio today when I was getting tacos. It can be both. Either I couldn't care less emphasizing just how little I care at its intensity right off the bat, or I already don't care, and I can reach levels of caring less later.
burgundysnowflake
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby MrOmega » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:55 am

burgundysnowflake wrote:So, fcuking up a person is how you show affection? If I am confusing you with my confusion, my bad, I am just NOT getting this reaction you have to interacting with people, and why it is aggression you experience. You sound like some wild animal.

Love isn't always the same thing as affection. IN fact affection is entirely different. You are confusing the terms to try and cast a shadow of doubt or guilt? Have I called you catholic yet?

I know you are not addressing me in particular...

That wild animal thing though... it totally re-enforces how "fake" you are as a person showing "confusion" and now it's starting to compromise your integrity.

Don't worry... I do it all the time...

Sharing is caring
MrOmega
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:22 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby burgundysnowflake » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:00 am

MrOmega wrote:
burgandysnowflake wrote:I am happy, but you didn't supply the happiness. I could care less how real or fake I seem to you, it isn't a contest. The credibility matters in reality. Only there will I attempt caring enough to prove otherwise.

that's what I am saying... the caring is just fake, but you seem like a real person to me. I'm actually a really nice guy. I don't have urges to kill, in the sense that they are uncontrollable homicidal non-premeditated crimes waiting to happen. I would probably never kill someone else. It would take enrollment in the military for me to even consider killing another.

I mean sure, there is fantasy, or there are times when mental illness strikes...

Which of course makes me a psycho path to 90% of the population... But I am not a real murderer, I am a real person, I am not a psychopath, and I don't have any personality disorders... I just happen to be more aware or thoughtful or inquisitive or less reserved, lacking tact, than other people.

Awesome.

MrOmega wrote:
burgundysnowflake wrote:So, fcuking up a person is how you show affection? If I am confusing you with my confusion, my bad, I am just NOT getting this reaction you have to interacting with people, and why it is aggression you experience. You sound like some wild animal.

Love isn't always the same thing as affection. IN fact affection is entirely different. You are confusing the terms to try and cast a shadow of doubt or guilt? Have I called you catholic yet?

I know. And no, you have not.
burgundysnowflake
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Demon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:55 am

burgundysnowflake wrote:So, fcuking up a person is how you show affection?

No. It has nothing to do with affection. It has more to do with just relieving all that negative energy (ie; aggression). The homicidal urges themselves are related to power/control issues.

You sound like some wild animal.

:? Surely it doesn't sound that dramatic.

I used to do martial arts and a street style of self defense that included weapons training. I still train at home occasionally, but not as much as I should. I'm also into kickboxing and boxing in general, but I'm not doing any of that through a trainer at the moment. I usually just beat up a boxing bag when I need to release energy and aggression if I can't find release any other way.

Somehow I have this "feeling" that it ain't working out for you.

If you mean it's not relieving the aggression, it does relieve it to a degree, but not entirely. The urges always return eventually.

I've seen psychologists in the past to try and figure out how better to deal with the urges, but all they could really do is offer this mindfulness and meditation crap, which I just can't get into.
I'm going to show you how good it feels to be bad
Demon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:22 am

Postby Obsidian » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:16 am

- a groupie (person who admires psychopaths or people with AsPD)

I have one for this category now. The biggest groupie is definitely Demon(her diagnoses is of no importance), she idolizes psychopathy, serial killers et cetera more than anyone who has stumbled upon this forum.
For an example when a new member who is a potential psychopath comes along she turns on her charms and jumps at the opportunity of getting a shot to speak with a "real" psychopath.
I've seen it more than once. :­P
Obsidian
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Demon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:21 am

Obsidian wrote:- a groupie (person who admires psychopaths or people with AsPD)

I have one for this category now. The biggest groupie is definitely Demon(her diagnoses is of no importance), she idolizes psychopathy, serial killers et cetera more than anyone who has stumbled upon this forum.
For an example when a new member who is a potential psychopath comes along she turns on her charms and jumps at the opportunity of getting a shot to speak with a "real" psychopath.
I've seen it more than once. :­P

:? My interest is in murder, not serial killers and I certainly do not idolize psychopaths. I already suspect I'm a secondary psychopath. I have nothing to gain from idolizing others.
Last edited by Demon on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm going to show you how good it feels to be bad
Demon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:22 am

Postby ajr8 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:22 am

Demon wrote:I've seen psychologists in the past to try and figure out how better to deal with the urges, but all they could really do is offer this mindfulness and meditation crap, which I just can't get into.

They must have been assuming your homicidal urges were emotional in nature, are they? Mindfulness is a therapy technique used for emotional problems I believe, I could be wrong though.

Distress management is the part of DBT that deals with impulse control issues such as urges, although it is probably not easily related to homicidal impulses, but they could have brought this up with you.

When I was in therapy about two and a half years ago (it was not my choice to see a therapist, my psychiatrist insisted I do it or else she would get me hospitalized by lying to the police about me) every time I brought up homicidal urges or fantasies the therapist always over reacted and took everything I said so literally it was like she had no perspective that I was talking about something I was not necessarily about to go do. Therapists are useless for murder urges, they just get scared and find excuses to drop you as a patient.

When I'm out I get urges to kill almost anyone who looks at me, this could be one reason I've been staying inside a lot these past two weeks, I'm paranoid now and feel the need to aggressively react to people looking at me, walking behind me, driving behind me, standing in front of me, or remaining within my proximity for too long. I understand you have paranoia too, maybe this is why you isolate and stay inside the house? It could be a source of the homicidal urges too.

All you can really do is find distractions or a healthier and legal outlet to release it. Keep writing murder stories and make them shockingly graphic to get out your frustrations. Keep exercising and hitting the punching bag, dissociate from reality by watching movies and TV, read books if you enjoy doing so, keep posting here, do whatever it takes to get your mind off it.
ajr8
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:22 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post