Our partner

Aspergers, and sociopathy?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Aspergers, and sociopathy?

Postby horizon987 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:15 pm

Hello.

I've got mild Aspergers, and I'm also a diagnosed sociopath. Although this may sound unlikely and complete #######4. It's true. People can be ignorant, and say all people with Aspergers can bearly read emotions. I can read them very well. And I can manipulate people very well. But the question is? Is Aspergers very closely related to sociopathy, and psychopathy? They both can nearly feel empathy. And don't take offence on this because I'm offending myself in a way, but their both socially retarded.

I think that people with Aspergers, not all of them, but some can be so closely relate to sociopaths, and psychopaths, they basically are. What do you think?

Also I took a test on this site which said my score was 11 about empathy. Meaning I have Aspergers, and possible sociopathic/psychopathic tendencies. But I was diagnose by both a psychiatrist and a psychologist.
Diagnosis: borderline personality disorder, mild Asperger's syndrome and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
horizon987
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Aspergers, and sociopathy?

Postby justonemoreperson » Fri May 25, 2012 6:27 pm

horizon987 wrote:Hello.

I'm also a diagnosed sociopath. Although this may sound unlikely and complete #######4. It's true.

Not sure what you meant to type there Alex, maybe "Bullsh1t" or "Bollocks" or "Utter Sh1te" - I doubt it makes much difference though - any of them will do.

What tipped me off was this:

horizon987 wrote:Hello. My names Alex, and I'm wondering if you'd consider me a real anti-social personality disorder "sufferer?"

If you're going to try and lie, at least have the courtesy to make it consistent, or maybe create a new account and come back as someone knew.

People prefer a challenge.
I'm not arguing, I'm simply explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Tempest88 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:29 pm

I really hope that you're just someone who is really bad at trolling... and aren't really this severely retarded.
Tempest88
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:06 am
Blog: View Blog (35)

Postby Xena » Fri May 25, 2012 6:34 pm

Yep. Troll. Aspies don't brag about manipulating people.
"Don't argue with crazy people. You'll look like you're the one who's crazy." -Mom
Xena
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Fri May 25, 2012 6:34 pm

Unrelated question: Alex, do you have a dessert spoon?
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby horizon987 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:49 pm

That's the thing, I talked to a psychiatrist, I thought I had an ASpD when it was really just my Aspergers. And there is something called an autistic spectrum scale. So my Aspergers is speeded all around that, and some people with Aspergers would brag about manipulation people, while other ones wouldn't. Do you're research, retard.
Diagnosis: borderline personality disorder, mild Asperger's syndrome and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
horizon987
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby justonemoreperson » Fri May 25, 2012 6:52 pm

horizon987 wrote:That's the thing, I talked to a psychiatrist, I thought I had an ASpD when it was really just my Aspergers. And there is something called an autistic spectrum scale. So my Aspergers is speeded all around that, and some people with Aspergers would brag about manipulation people, while other ones wouldn't. Do you're research, retard.

At the risk of pointing out the f*cking obvious. You said that you were diagnosed as a sociopath...even emphasised how "true" it was. Now...a few minutes later..."it was really just Aspergers"

Do you lick windows?
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby EmpathySucks » Fri May 25, 2012 6:52 pm

horizon987 wrote:That's the thing, I talked to a psychiatrist, I thought I had an ASpD when it was really just my Aspergers. And there is something called an autistic spectrum scale. So my Aspergers is speeded all around that, and some people with Aspergers would brag about manipulation people, while other ones wouldn't. Do you're research, retard.

you're grammar are bad.
EmpathySucks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:06 pm

Postby History Mirror » Fri May 25, 2012 7:33 pm

I think an autistic sociopath would be hilarious. Kinda self-defeating though.
One day you're happy. On top of the world. The next you lose it all.

That is life.
History Mirror
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:06 am

Postby Mr. No One » Fri May 25, 2012 8:47 pm

History Mirror wrote:I think an autistic sociopath would be hilarious. Kinda self-defeating though.

Yeah, aspergers and autism is very debilitating.
Mr. No One
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post