Our partner

Books on "how to deal" with sociopaths/psychopaths

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Books on "how to deal" with sociopaths/psychopaths

Postby Argv » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:55 pm

I don't understand this, and maybe it's just me.

As a master of manipulation and versatility, how in the f*ck would a 'normal' be able to even attempt to compete with a pscyhopath?

I am well aware when someone is talking to me in a way that is other than genuine. I can tell if someone is trying to lead me, or trying to avoid me. I can tell by body language, voice tones, facial expressions and general behavior. Being that I study every person I am around. I watch their every move and gesture. I listen in on conversations. I listen when people talk to me. I evaluate what people are saying and how they are saying it.

So what book is really going to help you? The best book in the world for this would have one sentence: If you feel you are in the presence of a psychopath/sociopath (AsPD obviously, but just using laymans terms), be nice and thoughtful, but not trusting. Is this the sheeps guide to avoiding wolves? ha! good luck with that.

Oh wait. I know. Don't go out alone.. little sheepy sheep. ;)
---------------------------------
Bipolar 1, OCD, other $#%^..
Lamotrigine: 100mg
Wellbutrin: 300mg
Saphris: 5mg
----------------------------------
Argv
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Books on "how to deal" with sociopaths/psychopaths

Postby ALostAlien » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:00 pm

They have studied those books inside and out and have found ways too counter said methods. The sheeple will never win.
DX- Bipolar disorder, Antisocial,Schizoid,Narc Traits.
ALostAlien
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Argv » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:04 pm

ALostAlien wrote:They have studied those books inside and out and have found ways too counter said methods. The sheeple will never win.

The sheeple are f*cked. No matter how you look at it. They can't compete even CLOSE to a psychopath. If you're a big guy, I use a weapon, but prefer to prey on the weak anyways. I mean.. there is NO WAY a normal is going to be able to do anything but just "avoid trouble" and hope they don't stick out as a weakling.

That just shows how stupid people really are. I bet there are people that buy these books and think it'll do them an ounce of good. hahaha. You're kidding yourself, and you're trying to use a rule book on a person that doesn't have rules. christ.
Argv
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby EmpathySucks » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Awesome. An enemy revealing his tactics.
EmpathySucks
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:16 am

Postby Unoriginal » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Learn to spot them and then avoid dealing with them in the future.

That'll be $0.02
Unoriginal
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Borg » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:33 pm

Which books are you referring to specifically?

And no, I don't think books will help the sheeple compete maybe just appeal to their emotional side and comfort them. Kinda like God, "Monster spray" for the kiddos, and other magical thinking, it's a false way people create order, hope, control, and other emotional stuff I don't have the words for, rather than admit the truth of reality, they comfort themselves by looking for ways to hide from reality.

Would you like some mint jelly with your sheeple?
Forum Rules
Dx: LD, Dyslexia, DP, DR, etc.
Borg
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Postby Argv » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:43 pm

EmpathySucks wrote:Awesome. An enemy revealing his tactics.

ohhhhhh I have lots of tactics sir. Anything you can imagine. :)

-- Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:45 pm --

Unoriginal wrote:Learn to spot them and then avoid dealing with them in the future.

That'll be $0.02

When I notice people trying to avoid me, I have a tendency to make it a point to make sure they notice me and try to get them to talk. I won't let it go. Every time I see you, I remember. ;)
Argv
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Argv » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:53 pm

Borg wrote:Which books are you referring to specifically?

And no, I don't think books will help the sheeple compete maybe just appeal to their emotional side and comfort them. Kinda like God, "Monster spray" for the kiddos, and other magical thinking, it's a false way people create order, hope, control, and other emotional stuff I don't have the words for, rather than admit the truth of reality, they comfort themselves by looking for ways to hide from reality.

Would you like some mint jelly with your sheeple?

Nothing specific. Just was looking up random sh*t and saw all these books about psychopaths and dealing with them. Most of them refer to the workplace, which I suppose there are tactics you can use when you're not out in the open and a person is restrained somewhat from doing anything they want.. but I saw a couple that were about dealing with them in general. I just thought the idea of it was crazy at best.

First, you have to know that your're dealing with one, and when I suspect someone is trying to assess me, I back off and take a different route. Next time I see them, completely different approach. Some people just take more time to convince. Others jump right into it. Someone trying to control me or thinking they are smarter than I am is just going to piss me off, though I might laugh it off anyways and move on to the next subject. I will do my best to make the person feel uncomfortable around me though. ;)
Argv
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Unoriginal » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:16 pm

Argv wrote:
Unoriginal wrote:Learn to spot them and then avoid dealing with them in the future.

That'll be $0.02

When I notice people trying to avoid me, I have a tendency to make it a point to make sure they notice me and try to get them to talk. I won't let it go. Every time I see you, I remember. ;)

OK, that's an obvious exaggeration... so what's the truth?
Unoriginal
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Argv » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:19 pm

Unoriginal wrote:
Argv wrote:

That'll be $0.02

OK, that's an obvious exaggeration... so what's the truth?

I dunno. I don't really give a f*ck. they can piss off for all I care. But I do remember $#%^.
Argv
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next