Our partner

Swerving to hit animals crossing the road...

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Swerving to hit animals crossing the road...

Postby Argv » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:33 am

Sorry! I'm bored and all this $#%^ came to me tonight. I was driving in my driveway coming home from work tonight and saw a frog jumping across the road right in front of my car, then (I $#%^ you not!) a mouse was running across a little further ahead, so I swerved and tried to hit them both. I don't know if I got them, but it reminded me of when I was a teenager and would be driving with my girlfriend and always had the habit of swerving to hit animals, cats, dogs, whatever if they were running across the road.

One girlfriend yanked the wheel and we almost got into an accident. I was a little pissed, probably laid into her about it. She thought it was effed up of me to try to hit someone's cat or whatever. I didn't really understand, I thought it was a 'guy' thing. I thought you were supposed to try to kill animals crossing in front of you. Why would I swerve to MISS them!?!?!? I don't get any points for that! haha

So I learned that if I was by myself, I could swerve for them, but if I was with a girlfriend I had to, reluctantly, swerve to miss them or slow down or pretend like I didn't WANT to hit them. Gah. Women. wtf? (Ok, not ALL women, obviously, just the ones I seemed to date.)
---------------------------------
Bipolar 1, OCD, other $#%^..
Lamotrigine: 100mg
Wellbutrin: 300mg
Saphris: 5mg
----------------------------------
Argv
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Swerving to hit animals crossing the road...

Postby Barracuda » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:42 am

I dated a guy who did that, I was absolutely shocked and tried to explain what a horrible thing it is to kill someone's cat. He couldn't understand it. He is a possible ASPD. Wonder if behavior like this really is a 'guy thing' or just something ASPD's do?

Though, if I get to sit next to him in a car I might grab the wheel and make him drive over some old lady. Good luck trying to prove it was my fault :D Especially because he's got a mighty criminal record and I got no convictions.
Barracuda
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:00 am

Postby Tempest88 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:48 am

I don't swerve to hit or avoid them. I brake when I see deer in the middle of the road, they can do a lot of damage to your vehicle... sucks.
Tempest88
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (35)

Postby Argv » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:04 am

Barracuda wrote:I dated a guy who did that, I was absolutely shocked and tried to explain what a horrible thing it is to kill someone's cat. He couldn't understand it. He is a possible ASPD. Wonder if behavior like this really is a 'guy thing' or just something ASPD's do?

That was kinda my thought as I was trying to hit these little creatures in my driveway. "Hmm.. I wonder if this is a trait..."

Though, if I get to sit next to him in a car I might grab the wheel and make him drive over some old lady. Good luck trying to prove it was my fault :D Especially because he's got a mighty criminal record and I got no convictions.

That's pure evil.

I love it.

-- Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:06 am --

Tempest80 wrote:I don't swerve to hit or avoid them. I brake when I see deer in the middle of the road, they can do a lot of damage to your vehicle... sucks.

Yeah, animals that are bigger than my car I tend to stop for, but one a little while ago jumped out in front of me and I slowed down just enough to not damage my car, but also goose him/her in the ass. I had tears in my eyes from the look of it as it hobbled off looking kinda dejected.
Argv
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby marycarterpaint » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:06 am

prefer to avoid. dont like the crunching sound.
I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.
- Truman
marycarterpaint
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Postby Argv » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:10 am

marycarterpaint wrote:prefer to avoid. dont like the crunching sound.

I wonder, at least for me, if it's a mood type thing, or what. Sometimes I'll go out of my way to avoid them, and other times is the opposite. If I'm kinda pissed off, or something is bothering me, I'll definitely swerve to hit them. I Know that for fact. If I'm in a good mood.. eh.. might slow down a little and see if they make it.
Argv
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Little Boy Lost » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:44 am

it's been known to happen once or twice
“It is not to be thought that the life of darkness is sunk in misery and lost as if in sorrowing. There is no sorrowing. For sorrow is a thing that is swallowed up in death, and death and dying are the very life of the darkness.”
― Jacob Boehme
Little Boy Lost
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Little Boy Lost » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:55 am

Argv wrote:
I wonder, at least for me, if it's a mood type thing, or what. Sometimes I'll go out of my way to avoid them, and other times is the opposite. If I'm kinda pissed off, or something is bothering me, I'll definitely swerve to hit them. I Know that for fact. If I'm in a good mood.. eh.. might slow down a little and see if they make it.

imo, it's the animal too. some of them compel you to run them down

edit: humans are the same no?
“It is not to be thought that the life of darkness is sunk in misery and lost as if in sorrowing. There is no sorrowing. For sorrow is a thing that is swallowed up in death, and death and dying are the very life of the darkness.”
― Jacob Boehme
Little Boy Lost
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Argv » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:51 am

Little Boy Lost wrote:
Argv wrote:

imo, it's the animal too. some of them compel you to run them down

edit: humans are the same no?

Occasionally I'll see a bicyclist ride on the side of the road and I want SO BAD to drive right next to them and blow the horn when they're right in front of a set of mailboxes or something. I don't, but the temptation is there. It's all fun and games till someone calls the cops. :(
Argv
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Tempest88 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Argv wrote:Occasionally I'll see a bicyclist ride on the side of the road and I want SO BAD to drive right next to them and blow the horn when they're right in front of a set of mailboxes or something.

One of my strong desires is to run down a bicyclist or a pedestrian one day. The temptation is very strong, I'm just waiting for the day one cuts in front of me and I can legally claim they flew out of no where :lol:

Argv wrote:It's all fun and games till someone calls the cops.

Exactly, that puts a real damper on any kind of real fun.
Tempest88
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (35)

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post