Our partner

Pain tolerance.

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Pain tolerance.

Postby Nil Banal » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:02 pm

Do you find that you have a high or low tolerance for pain? I mean physical pain of course.
Scion exudes omen
Nil Banal
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Pain tolerance.

Postby Zach_31 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:17 pm

i would say i have a pretty high tolerance for pain.. I have broken a fair few bones and have had a lot more injuries, and i handled the pain fine
Zach_31
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby bowhunter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:33 pm

Nil Banal wrote:Do you find that you have a high or low tolerance for pain? I mean physical pain of course.

I have a toothache right now and its unbearable without meds. I need a root canal.
bowhunter
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Psychomentalist » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:23 pm

I have a high tolerance, but I've never done anything to test how high. My bones seem to be made of metal or something; I've never broken a bone or even had a noise bleed.
Psychomentalist
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Demon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Though I am no masochist by any means I believe I have a fairly high tolerance to pain. I was punched in the head once and barely felt a thing when it happened. I felt the actual knock to my head, but not the pain that would normally be associated with it. It's happened on other occasions as well where I have been punched and felt no pain at the time. I'm not sure if the reason I didn't feel the pain was caused by the rush of adrenaline I was experiencing at the time or possibly something else because I know that in other non-violent situations I normally do feel pain.
I'm going to show you how good it feels to be bad
Demon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Makky » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:54 pm

Low tolerance but complete forgetfulness of any pain.

I have a hard time remembering any past pains and if I know something painful is about to happen I still don't mind until its actually hurting me at that very moment.
Hello new friend my name is Fred, the words you hear are in my head. I say I said my name is Fred and I've been very...naaaaughty.
Makky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Tempest88 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:43 pm

I have a very high pain tolerance. I've had internal bleeding a couple of times and other emergency situations.. where I barely felt a thing. I had both of my kids all natural, despite them trying to show drugs at me. The pain wasn't as bad as women go on about.

I still feel pain, just not as much as most people probably do. I also don't remember pain, hard to explain... same deal as when I know I've felt frustrated... I can't remember/imagine what that frustration felt like. It's the same with physical pain.
Tempest88
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (35)

Postby xabilis » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:19 am

http://www.sociopathworld.com/2011/12/q ... e-any.html

pain is simply a case of mind over matter for me that's y i'm good at sports i can push myself harder
in my teens i used to go look for my limmits i always knew they were higher than regular ppl.
i knew i was stronger than my teachers and let them know. Just like i'm stronge than my boss and narc at work
xabilis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby yYyYy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:40 am

I am very high pain tolerance
actually I don't know why if normal ppl's pain tolerance is so low
but I am vulnerable to emotional pain.

It was studied that ppl feel less physical pain if they think about someone they love
I don't know about physical pain,
but defintely
when i think about someone I like my emotional pain goes away magically
if you ever feel weak or powerless
Remember than a single pubic hair of yours
could shut down an entire restaurant.
yYyYy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Tempest88 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:46 am

yyy, why don't you have an avi? Did you get in trouble for putting a pic of yourself in your avi?
Tempest88
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (35)

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post