Our partner

What Have You Always Wanted?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: What Have You Always Wanted?

Postby Tempest88 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:07 am

MHM wrote:I was teasing.

You suck at teasing. Now, I will show the picture of you... I snapped from our webcam conversation to everyone... I'm sure you don't want them knowing what you really look like.

AlphaMikeFoxtrot wrote:You're a sweet one. Send a PM sometime.

I have a PM tab, if you want to PM me, you're smart enough to figure it out :wink: I won't kiss your ass like your BPD friend does :lol:
Tempest88
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:54 am
Blog: View Blog (35)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Little Boy Lost » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:17 am

Tempest80 wrote:
You suck at teasing. Now, I will show the picture of you... I snapped from our webcam conversation to everyone... I'm sure you don't want them knowing what you really look like.

Not a pretty sight, eh? Not everyone can be genetically blessed.

-- Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:19 am --

Tempest80 wrote:
Did you notice? Is it obvious to people who aren't me?

No. Unless you post about your psychosis, no one would guess.
“It is not to be thought that the life of darkness is sunk in misery and lost as if in sorrowing. There is no sorrowing. For sorrow is a thing that is swallowed up in death, and death and dying are the very life of the darkness.”
― Jacob Boehme
Little Boy Lost
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Tempest88 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:24 am

Little Boy Lost wrote:No. Unless you post about your psychosis, no one would guess.

I really am a master of mask wearing. Though, I'm glad I can tell, when I re read my posts at a later date.

Little Boy Lost wrote:Not a pretty sight, eh? Not everyone can be genetically blessed.

This is true. I saw some real eye sores when I was at the store tonight, they should be euthanized.
Tempest88
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby AlphaMikeFoxtrot » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:26 am

Tempest80 wrote:
AlphaMikeFoxtrot wrote:You're a sweet one. Send a PM sometime.

I have a PM tab, if you want to PM me, you're smart enough to figure it out :wink: I won't kiss your ass like your BPD friend does :lol:

Here I was trying to be polite, considerate and all that. I'm certainly not one to add to the troubles of the already troubled by forcing myself on them when they may not be interested, lol. Manners are just not the cool thing online anymore, are they? :lol:
C17H21NO4...It's what's for dinner. 
AlphaMikeFoxtrot
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:54 am

Postby Psyquest » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Tempest, yask for other meds or find a different psych who can hel. Really, don't let this paranoia consume you.

-- Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:07 pm --

In that movie A Beautiful Mind, Russell Crowe figures out that he is imagining things because one person he keeps seeing never ages. He then learns to live with himself the way he is and is able to recognize when things are/aren't real. It is a cool concept. Not sure if it would work in real life but who knows?
Psyquest
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Postby gas lamp » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Psyquest wrote:Tempest, yask for other meds or find a different psych who can hel. Really, don't let this paranoia consume you.

In that movie A Beautiful Mind, Russell Crowe figures out that he is imagining things because one person he keeps seeing never ages. He then learns to live with himself the way he is and is able to recognize when things are/aren't real. It is a cool concept. Not sure if it would work in real life but who knows?

i'm afraid this is only possible if the psychosis is very slow, early and gradual in onset. discerning reality is hard for people who are used to living with nothing else for so many years and trust their life/freedom with it.these coping mechanisms require a lot of constant complex effort.
but don't give up!
In individuals, insanity is rare;
but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
Friedrich Nietzsche
gas lamp
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:54 pm

Postby Tempest88 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Psyquest wrote:Tempest, yask for other meds or find a different psych who can hel. Really, don't let this paranoia consume you.

I have seen more Psychiatrists and other MH professionals in my life than I can to count, none are willing or wanting to work with a person who has AsPD. Medication is about all they will offer.

Psyquest wrote:In that movie A Beautiful Mind, Russell Crowe figures out that he is imagining things because one person he keeps seeing never ages. He then learns to live with himself the way he is and is able to recognize when things are/aren't real. It is a cool concept. Not sure if it would work in real life but who knows?

Truthfully, I've had very minor Psychosis for years (3 or so years), very mild... and I have up until recently... always been about to distinguish when/what is real and is not. The mind in that state, is very powerful at convincing you that unreal things, are real... it's impossible for me to then distinguish between them, unfortunately. Of course, I act accordingly to what I perceive to be real... and it seems my logical mind is on vacation during these episodes, which makes trying to figure out reality... even more difficult.

It's something that's hard to explain to someone who has never experienced any form of Psychosis.
Tempest88
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby History Mirror » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:18 pm

That is a very true statement. The moment you are labeled AsPD.. or any variation thereof, the psychiatric community gives up on anything but medication. If you agree, they do their best to pacify you. In some cases it works, in some it does not.

I personally think giving someone with AsPD a large amount of the strongest benzo available in the country is... odd, but hey. I'm not complaining.

Figuring out what is real and what is not is quite easy. The only time it becomes an issue is when everything becomes fake.
One day you're happy. On top of the world. The next you lose it all.

That is life.
History Mirror
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:54 pm

Postby Tempest88 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:43 pm

AlphaMikeFoxtrot wrote:Here I was trying to be polite, considerate and all that. I'm certainly not one to add to the troubles of the already troubled by forcing myself on them when they may not be interested, lol. Manners are just not the cool thing online anymore, are they?

They are passe my friend :wink:

History Mirror wrote:Figuring out what is real and what is not is quite easy. The only time it becomes an issue is when everything becomes fake.

True, but everything appears fake to me. I'm outside of myself... watching. Nothing is real... yet... it's real.

History Mirror wrote: The moment you are labeled AsPD.. or any variation thereof, the psychiatric community gives up on anything but medication. If you agree, they do their best to pacify you. In some cases it works, in some it does not.

I was given a different Anti-Psychotic today.

History Mirror wrote:I personally think giving someone with AsPD a large amount of the strongest benzo available in the country is... odd, but hey. I'm not complaining.

What are the benzos for again? What do they do?
Tempest88
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby History Mirror » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Basically a chill pill. they cock-tail best of anything with a numble of other drugs. They amplify Booze; weed; opiates.. and probably more (those r just the 3 i usually combo). Or you can just use them on their own for fun in large amounts

I think they're an anti anxiety med/sleep pill a lot of the time. I get mine as they reduce violent tendancies/urges. or so they claim.
One day you're happy. On top of the world. The next you lose it all.

That is life.
History Mirror
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum