A schizoid diagnosis requires four or more of the following from the DSM-IV in America.
1. Neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being part of a family
2. Almost always chooses solitary activities
3. Has little, if any, interest in having sexual experiences with another person
4. Takes pleasure in few, if any, activities
5. Lacks close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives
6. Appears indifferent to the praise or criticism of others
7. Shows emotional coldness, detachment, or flattened affect
In England it also requires meeting four or more of these criteria.
1. Emotional coldness, detachment or reduced affect.
2. Limited capacity to express either positive or negative emotions towards others.
3. Consistent preference for solitary activities.
4. Very few, if any, close friends or relationships, and a lack of desire for such.
5. Indifference to either praise or criticism.
6. Taking pleasure in few, if any, activities.
7. Indifference to social norms and conventions.
8. Preoccupation with fantasy and introspection.
9. Lack of desire for sexual experiences with another person.
Again in Europe a diagnosis of avoidant requires that someone meets at least four items from out of a list.
1. Persistent and pervasive feelings of tension and apprehension;
2. Belief that one is socially inept, personally unappealing, or inferior to others;
3. Excessive preoccupation with being criticized or rejected in social situations;
4. Unwillingness to become involved with people unless certain of being liked;
5. Restrictions in lifestyle because of need to have physical security;
6. Avoidance of social or occupational activities that involve significant interpersonal contact because of fear of criticism, disapproval, or rejection.
Guess how many you need from this list to be diagnosed in America?
1. Avoids occupational activities that involve significant interpersonal contact, because of fears of criticism, disapproval, or rejection
2. Is unwilling to get involved with people unless certain of being liked
3. Shows restraint within intimate relationships because of the fear of being shamed or ridiculed
4. Is preoccupied with being criticized or rejected in social situations
5. Is inhibited in new interpersonal situations because of feelings of inadequacy
6. Views self as socially inept, personally unappealing, or inferior to others
7. Is unusually reluctant to take personal risks or to engage in any new activities because they may prove embarrassing
So I do have obvious schizoid traits, but not avoidant ones other than a need for physical security.