Our partner

Do some psychopaths have evil looking eyes?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: Do some psychopaths have evil looking eyes?

Postby orion13213 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:24 am

AliceWonders wrote:Evil eyes?
I dunno...
[images removed]
Here's a bigger pair of eyeballs: [link removed] :wink:

Do they look 'evil' to you? :lol:

'evil' aside, those eye photos you posted (whomever's they are)
from top to bottom (1-3; 3 on bottom,) to me look like
(1) the most warm and empathetic, also penetrating (reminds me of BPD?)
(2) somewhat wary, but calculating, also penetrating (reminds me of HPD?)
(3) cynical, self contained, also penetrating (reminds me of NPD?)

The black and whites on the website are the emptiest (maybe just because they are B&W?) but also penetrating, so I suppose they would resemble AsPD the most.

Only problem with eye 'diagnosis' is: do the photos represent the persons expressions pretty much all the time, or are they just snapshot moments... everyone has moments when their expression could make them look like an AsPD...once I had this job during which I had to stand for 10 hours at this loading dock, doing pretty much nothing. After 8 hours I bet a snapshot of my eyes would have screamed AsPD...but boredom at this point was pretty much within the normal range of variation?
Be tolerant of others, but true to yourself. In supporting you, I try to offer common sense. PM me if you need to.
Review policies here: forum-rules.php
Sorry, I cannot delete posts.
orion13213
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby AliceWolfe » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:31 am

orion8591 wrote:
I dunno...
[images removed]

The black and whites on the website are the emptiest (maybe just because they are B&W?) but also penetrating, so I suppose they would resemble AsPD the most.

Only problem with eye 'diagnosis' is: do the photos represent the persons expressions pretty much all the time, or are they just snapshot moments... everyone has moments when their expression could make them look like an AsPD...once I had this job during which I had to stand for 10 hours at this loading dock, doing pretty much nothing. After 8 hours I bet a snapshot of my eyes would have screamed AsPD...but boredom at this point was pretty much within the normal range of variation?

Agreed.
We're all mad here, Alice.

"Io sono in pace
Cor meum
Io sono in pace
Vide cor meum" <3

:twisted: Я анахронизм девушки :twisted:
AliceWolfe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:54 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby AliceWonders » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:27 pm

orion8591 wrote:
I dunno...
[images removed]

Well, all those eyes are mine and I'm doing pretty much the same thing in all of those shots, even this pic here [image removed] was taken during the same seriese as 2 and 3. In fact this one was taken just moments before or after 2 (can't remember the exact run) so not only does mood have something to do with the eyes but also what it is your trying to portray- right?

Taking 2 and 4 in to review (because they were taken so close together) you can see a big difference in the 'mood' of the eyes.
4~ [image removed] looks almost warm and inviting, playful in a way; but very open and receptive.

2~ [image removed] looks very different. Its more cold, yet alluring, like you said Orion almost calulating in a way; but still penetrating.

But isn't that the point? The differences. Because if you have someone who is calculating and knows how to use common signals (within themselves) to project a certain 'aura' or stimulous from another person, the look, the demeanor, the persona and the eyes CHANGE as the person gears themselves to what they want the other person to perceive- don't they?

So I think, logically, that if we look at the question 'Do psychopaths have evil eyes' the answer would be NO. They don't! They have whatever eyes and persona they want to portray, and usually it's not 'evil' because evil gets them nothing. Their eyes would be penetrating, alluring, kind and welcoming because that gets them into you- doesn't it? :wink:

The only time a psychopaths eyes would become 'evil' would be in warning or outrage; but by then, it could be too late :shock:

My thoughts at least
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth~Oscar Wilde

Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together~Eugene Ionesco

Once you chose hope anything is possible~ Christopher Reeves
AliceWonders
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:54 am
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Onebravegirl » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:21 pm

I can this as well with my eyes. They can be warm, sad, angry etc. They are my most expressive feature by far. Eyes have been a topic on here many times.
Funny how eyes can be considered as part of the soul by some. But the mouth or teeth seem to say other things.
One
Two men looked through bars. One saw Mud, the other saw Stars.
Onebravegirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby D>B » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Who knows? Maybe?

[images removed]
D>B
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:54 am

Postby AliceWonders » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:54 pm

Onebravegirl wrote:I can this as well with my eyes. They can be warm, sad, angry etc. They are my most expressive feature by far. Eyes have been a topic on here many times.
Funny how eyes can be considered as part of the soul by some. But the mouth or teeth seem to say other things.
One

Can you post an eye pic One?
I'd love to see the windows to your soul :wink:
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth~Oscar Wilde

Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together~Eugene Ionesco

Once you chose hope anything is possible~ Christopher Reeves
AliceWonders
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Clever » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:08 pm

^your eyes are so perty alice! :D
Here's another...
[image removed]
There is a fine line between genius and insanity.
Clever
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby RemySees » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:11 pm

Might as well hop on the bandwagon. Last year, at a family party. In the picture, I'm laughing at something.

[image removed]
RemySees
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby commedia » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:29 pm

This is a happy smiley picture* and this is a "I hate you right now but I'll smile anyways" picture.* The first I posted in here was just a picture. Not sure whe or what was going on when it was taken. Now I'm starting to see crap, ya'll are messin' with my head! :lol: The first one they look sleepy, the second I look high off my butt even though I'm positive that it was not the case.

But, again, I think it has a great deal to do with facial expression and the pupils. Not so much what's creeping inside, they look how you want them to look. IMO Alice was right on. It's not that hard to relax your face or put on a happy one. So if they really were psychopaths they would probably know how to keep a handle on them eyeballs of theirs.
Sneaky sneaky!

-- Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:32 pm --

Clever wrote:^your eyes are so perty alice! :D
Here's another...
[image removed]

Ooooh, brown!
I like'em dark. Your eyebrows make me giggle, though. :mrgreen: So that is two commedia points for you, sir.

*Links removed.
commedia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:54 am

Postby Clever » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 pm

Well, this is an odd place to find such beautiful eyeballs... lol
Commedia my eyebrows are like that automagically I swear :P
Can I trade in my Commedia points for fabulous prizes at a later date? :mrgreen:
There is a fine line between genius and insanity.
Clever
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post