Our partner

The Sociopathic Parent - Questionnaire

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: The Sociopathic Parent - Questionnaire

Postby Demon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:30 pm

burgandysnowflake wrote:Demon, what the hell is wrong with your mother? Every time you talk about her she systematically seems more fcuked up. Is she only this "evil" towards your child, or just period?

I know I would be a terrible mother. I don't have the patience, nor the drive, and I am almost certain the child would end up being neglected. I actually don't believe in abortion either.

I strongly suspect my mother has AsPD or most of the traits of it anyway. We do seem to get along better nowadays, but only because we avoid each other for the most part. When my mother was a teenager she did everything from sneaking out at night, to lying, cheating and stealing. Sometimes you'd swear she has no emotion whatsoever and I know she doesn't love anyone and probably never has. She can be very cold at times, or at least she used to be and she can definitely still be manipulative when she wants to be. If my mother is not a ######6 psychopath, then I don't know what is. I have been diagnosed with AsPD and even my daughter is exhibiting signs of it (she has already been diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder). We're just one big, ###$ up family!
I'm going to show you how good it feels to be bad
Demon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:31 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby burgandysnowflake » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:47 pm

That is one fcuked up family, but the one thing I have noticed from what you say is that you all have manage to function and get over whatever drama you had. Your daughter is still growing, but you seem like a decent enough mother to help her deal with her furture.

My mother is a bitch. We only talk to each other when we need something, and other than that we are dead to one another. I suspect her to be a narcissist, even though she may have AsPD. She seems to adore and worship my little sister, but I know part of that is because my sister never tests her. She was horribly neglectful, and I raised my sister, and even after all of the abuse my sister has been put through from both me and my mother she ended up being a reasonably decent, respectful, though overly compassionate (to a fault) woman. My mother resents me because I am an exact carbon copy of my father, who she told me has a history of diagnosed psychopathy (she may be lying, who knows). I haven't seen that man since he booked out when I was 6. He was the only one who beat her at her games.

Ah family...
burgandysnowflake
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:31 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Demon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:53 pm

GingerTabby wrote:Why are you against abortion and the death penalty? Usually people are against those things because of compassion for humanity.

I am against abortion because I believe abortion makes it way too easy for women to become whores and I have a genuine hatred for whores. They are the filth of society!
As for being against the death penalty. I am only against it because I don't believe the legal justice system has a right to lay down laws against murder and then sentence people to death themselves. In my opinion, it's hypocritical. What gives a judge the goddamn right to play God and not I!
Demon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Myers » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:14 am

Relationship Status: Married

Number of children, and their age/s: Three or four: 8, 6, 1, and 5

Were you clinically diagnosed? Yes.

What was your motivation around having children? Sex makes me happy.

What was your relationship like with your parents? I hated my father and didn't care for my mother. The feelings were mutual.

Describe your childhood? It wasn't the best.

What kind of parenting style do you have with your children? Aloof.

How would you describe your relationship with your children, are you close? They come to me when they have problems that Nikki would overreact to; i.e., when they get in trouble. When they do, I play the role of concerned parent. But, honestly, if they came to me every day with some issue or another, I'd find it difficult to maintain that level of caring and tell them to leave me the hell alone.

Do your children know you identify as a sociopath? Yes.

Have you ever been or wanted to be cruel towards your own children (directly, indirectly)? Yes. Whoever says otherwise is either in denial or a liar.

How would your friends or family describe your parenting skills? Aloof.

How has being a parent impacted on you? It's very costly and time consuming. I wouldn't recommend it.

Do any of your children possess sociopathic traits? Yes.

What are some of the positives of being a sociopathic parent? Given effort, I could teach the kids many things that will prepare them to achieve their goals that most normal people would/could not. And should any of my heathen spawn ever run into trouble, I'm less likely to become emotional and overreact to the situation and more likely to find a rational solution to the problem.

What are some of the negatives of being a sociopathic parent? Given effort, I could teach the kids many things that will prepare them to achieve their goals, most of them involving ruthlessly trampling over societal norms and morals, which most normal people would/could not. And should any of my heathen spawn ever run into trouble, I'm most likely to cut my losses and remember to adopt Asian next time I think about trying to raise a kid.

Do you think being a sociopathic parent gives you an advance/disadvantage over other parents? Yes.

What morals/beliefs do you instill in your children? None, I let someone who actually has morals and beliefs handle that aspect of teaching.

How would it affect you if your children later were diagnosed as sociopaths? That would be splendid.
Myers
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Postby Steve-meister » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:16 am

Myers wrote:What was your motivation around having children? Sex makes me happy.

Hm. Seems like we've got a theme here. ;)
God is pretty sure I'm f*cked, but he tells me fiveintime will be fine =D
Steve-meister
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Demon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:54 am

Myers wrote:Have you ever been or wanted to be cruel towards your own children (directly, indirectly)? Yes. Whoever says otherwise is either in denial or a liar.

Maybe some people just aren't as willing to admit to that...
Demon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Steve-meister » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:59 am

Cruelty, like, "that baby has been screaming forever, I'm tired, and I just want it to shut up already" is perfectly normal. I agree with Myers on that one. Everybody gets frustrated. An urge for calculated cruelty, though, isn't normal.
Steve-meister
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Demon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:04 am

Myers wrote:Do you think being a sociopathic parent gives you an advance/disadvantage over other parents? Yes.

Ever since I watched the movie 'Frailty' I've had this fantasy of raising a kid to become a serial killer (won't happen, of course). So, in that way, I can see how it would be advantageous, but other than that, I just don't see any advantage to being a sociopathic parent at all. What advantages were you thinking of when you answered "Yes" to that question, Myers? Or were you thinking disadvantages instead?
Demon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby AlphaMikeFoxtrot » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:44 pm

Relationship Status: Married

Number of children, and their age/s: One daughter - 24.

Were you clinically diagnosed? Yes

What was your motivation around having children? I like sex.

What was your relationship like with your parents? Distant I guess. They both had careers and I was the third of four kids. They tried to discipline me when I got caught doing something wrong, tried to do something with me once in awhile, stuff like that.

Describe your childhood? Pretty unremarkable.

What kind of parenting style do you have with your children? I kind of just tested her a lot to see what she would do. Scientific?

How would you describe your relationship with your children, are you close? She has refused to have any contact with me for quite a while now. Lately I've been toying with the idea of just tracking her down and showing up. Let me rephrase that. Lately I've been especially distraught over the long-time estrangement with my only child and have considered looking her up and dropping by in a pleasant and non-threatening manner, perhaps for a casual brunch in a nice public setting.

Do your children know you identify as a sociopath? When she was about 12 she informed me she "knew what I was, she'd researched it," and when I confirmed she was actually correct she told me I should "get help so maybe I would care about someone other than myself."

Have you ever been or wanted to be cruel towards your own children (directly, indirectly)? Yeah.

How would your friends or family describe your parenting skills? Incompassionate.

How has being a parent impacted on you? Not much.

Do any of your children possess sociopathic traits? Not at all.

What are some of the positives of being a sociopathic parent? You don't spend much time parenting.

What are some of the negatives of being a sociopathic parent? Basically everything, from where I"m standing.

Do you think being a sociopathic parent gives you an advance/disadvantage over other parents? ...

What morals/beliefs do you instill in your children? Her mother pretty much did all that before I came back into the picture, right down to naming her after a crap Prince song.

How would it affect you if your children later were diagnosed as sociopaths? Not going to happen. (Barring some traumatic brain injury that fundamentally altered her personality/brain chemistry.)
C17H21NO4...It's what's for dinner. 
AlphaMikeFoxtrot
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:31 am

Postby Steve-meister » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:44 pm

AlphaMikeFoxtrot wrote:right down to naming her after a crap Prince song.

Darling Nikki? First Prince song with a girl's name in it that I could think of. Of course, I guess your daughter could be named Purple Rain or something.
Steve-meister
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post