Our partner

Lack of Conscience

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Lack of Conscience

Postby king of kings » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:16 am

I have been trying to research what disorders would cause or be described by the complete lack of a conscience. All Google comes up with is ASPD, and I figured that if there were other disorders with this characteristic then people familiar with ASPD may have heard of it. Imagine not only enjoying hurting people but having an urge to do so, with no guilt or negative feelings after. If anything it's a positive feeling knowing you hurt them. You go through your day and people piss you off for the littlest $#%^ (sometimes just for existing) and you fantasize about hurting them, even killing them. Every so often you realize that you don't see people as people, you see them as talking objects. Can anyone point me in a direction?
king of kings
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Lack of Conscience

Postby Steve-meister » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:13 am

king of kings wrote:Imagine not only enjoying hurting people but having an urge to do so, with no guilt or negative feelings after. If anything it's a positive feeling knowing you hurt them.

I'll give it a go, but my imagination is pretty limited some times.

So, I'm wondering - when you say "it's a positive feeling knowing you hurt them" - how have you hurt them? I mean, I'm not asking for legally incriminating details, but just an idea - so we can understand who you are. Have you ever gotten caught, or did you get away with it?

Oh, and, I'd say you're in the right spot.
God is pretty sure I'm f*cked, but he tells me fiveintime will be fine =D
Steve-meister
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Postby king of kings » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:34 pm

Physically, I've only been in fights, nothing that has escalated too far. But just knowing they're in pain, emotionally or physically (doesn't really matter). Mostly, I stick to emotional torment. I like ######6 with their heads, I am extremely logical and I can convince them of #######4, give them false hope, make them question a good relationship. I'm extremely vengeful.
king of kings
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:33 pm

Postby Volk » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:52 pm

king of kings wrote:But just knowing they're in pain, emotionally or physically (doesn't really matter). Mostly, I stick to emotional torment. I like ######6 with their heads, I am extremely logical and I can convince them of #######4, give them false hope, make them question a good relationship. I'm extremely vengeful.

You sound like you came straight out of my head.... which probably means you're in the right spot.
Volk
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:33 pm

Postby Urd » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:11 pm

Welcome home... But seriously if you are talking about the physical pleasure through hurting other people maybe it would mean sadism? Connected with aspd - funny mixture. Anyway - lack of conscience is feature shared by all aspds and not characteristical for other disorders - therefore by definition - if you do not feel guilty for anything ,even deeds you consider wrong - you are aspd...
Due to rapid changes of points of view of this user - his opinion described in post above cannot be used against him after appearance of this post - since his point of view have most likely changed.
Urd
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:33 am

Postby Demon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Sadists are the only other people I am aware of who enjoy hurting others, but with that said, not all sadists lack a conscience. Those who do generally have AsPD.

http://www.suite101.com/content/sadistic-personality-a4598

EDIT: I just realized Urd pretty much said the same thing above (did not read that before posting). Anyway, consider it a reiteration of the facts.
I'm going to show you how good it feels to be bad
Demon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby katana » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:22 am

But dont you need empathy to have guilt, and some people on the NPD forum say NPDs don't have empathy, or is it not counted cause the DSM got rid of it? lol
katana
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:33 am

Postby lifeontheinside » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:20 pm

I fantasize about causing pain to both stranges and people I "care" about it excites me :D I dont usualy act on these urges unless forced to,people must be kept in line :lol:
although I also prefer to use my ususal bag of emotional abuse,threatning and intimidation tactics,I have been known to get physical and "box a few heads in" if I deem it approriate or Im trashed and some little "s@#t is trying to stornch up to me
but its very unlady like and I like to keep people on there toes a flat tyre here,hacking into there ebay accounts to bid on yahhts and sports cars is a fav,as is seducing there husband then posting it on facebook for there whole intimate family and friends to see(priceless) true story :twisted: p.s conscience? yeah iv heard about that always asumed it was a myth, let me know if you see mine floating around somewhere. :wink:
lifeontheinside
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby kanin » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:10 pm

Demon wrote:Sadists are the only other people I am aware of who enjoy hurting others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9B-ZoS0wvU
kanin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby tricky » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:05 am

king of kings wrote:You go through your day and people piss you off for the littlest $#%^ (sometimes just for existing) and you fantasize about hurting them, even killing them.

Do you feel more pleasure solely from hurting them or from exacting some sort of revenge or even just relieving pent up anger?

Also, perhaps someone could help me with understanding this. I've heard the term "sadistic psychopath" thrown around many times. But doesn't one need to be able to experience empathy in order to truly enjoy others' pain? To a psychopath, throwing a person across the room would be no different than tossing a lamp at the wall, albeit a rather heavy, crying, bleeding lamp that doesn't break, at least not in the literal sense. And psychopaths are more preoccupied with the end goal, such as money or control, where causing pain is just mean to achieve that end.
tricky
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post