Our partner

Secondary psychopaths and guilt

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Secondary psychopaths and guilt

Postby ChosenOne » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Iniquity wrote:
ChosenOne wrote:One act of "empathy" was enough for me :mrgreen: Not that it mattered to either of us to begin with lol

I have no idea what you're talking about, but now you've got me curious as to what you posted. You initially thought it was deleted by a mod which means that it obviously wasn't 'supportive'. Or maybe it was and I'm just jumping to conclusions. I've been drinking, so I don't have a clear head at the moment.
Anyway, you can always PM your thoughts to me if you don't want to repeat them here.

I can't remember what I had for lunch a few mintues ago, let alone the rare act of sending a pat on the back to a fellow path. I do remember touching on the "fcuked up individual part". Something to the effect... you are not. Got it ? You are not fcuked up. Takes a lot to bring up a daughter, something I will never do.

good on you.
It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want. -Spock
ChosenOne
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:47 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby The_Ghoul » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:29 am

Bumping this for relevance to recent posts and the importance of it in understanding the psychopathy spectrum. Really great article.
"Almost all absurdity of conduct arises from the imitation of those who we cannot resemble."

"Life is suffering. Suffering arises from delusional ignorance. There is a way to end suffering. This way is the Noble Eight fold Path." - The Four Noble Truths
The_Ghoul
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:47 am
Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby ajr8 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:04 am

So basically a primary psychopath is someone who has antisocial personality and no other disorders.

And a secondary psychopath is someone who has a borderline personality plus a multitude of conduct problems.

So secondary psychopaths are capable of feeling guilt but paradoxically they are at higher risk for violence against self and others because of how unstable they are, and they can also form emotional attachments to others, although their relationship patterns are still psychopathic in nature because they are social parasites, and probably emotional vampires as well. They latch onto people one by one until their "partner" has no resources left and either runs away or is no longer useful and is therefore dumped by the secondary psychopath.
ajr8
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:47 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby madjoe » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:39 pm

so schizoid borderline clusterB = primiary psychopath?
at bergen psychopathy conferance one speaker sad psychopathy = schizoid avoidant clusterB
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby madjoe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:35 pm

bump
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MacBuddhaBurger » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:56 pm

The young have aspirations that never come to pass, the old have reminiscences of what never happened.
MacBuddhaBurger
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby madjoe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:23 pm

zootje ongaregeld
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MacBuddhaBurger » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:42 pm

madjoe wrote:zootje ongaregeld

???

zootje ongeregeld?!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll:
The young have aspirations that never come to pass, the old have reminiscences of what never happened.
MacBuddhaBurger
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby The_Ghoul » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:51 am

bumping because of random facepalm.
"Almost all absurdity of conduct arises from the imitation of those who we cannot resemble."

"Life is suffering. Suffering arises from delusional ignorance. There is a way to end suffering. This way is the Noble Eight fold Path." - The Four Noble Truths
The_Ghoul
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby madjoe » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:36 am

da's op z'n AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTWARPS
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6