Our partner

ASPD and jobs.

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

ASPD and jobs.

Postby waitforwinter » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:18 am

I have recently been diagnosed with ASPD, which explains a lot. I have a very hard time keeping jobs. I.e., I've been fired from two jobs in the last month. If I don't find another job and keep it, my roommates are going to kick me out. Thoughts or ideas?
waitforwinter
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:48 am
Local time: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: ASPD and jobs.

Postby wooster » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:21 pm

a. - start your own business

or

b. - find a metier you are at ease with.

(It was many years ago the one time I held a satisfying job (in museology), but circumstances changed - so I reverted to plan 'a'. If you're planning the same move, try to think outside the 'box', & round up your best instincts & talents. I lack any motivation, determination, drive & willpower etc., yet it's about enough to keep me hovering just above poverty level - imagine if you give your full steam to it, then bob's your uncle!)
"Oyyoy oy oy, accelerate ze protons!" (Eugene Hütz)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPDFkQbNbwk
User avatar
wooster
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 10679
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 12:00 pm
Local time: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: ASPD and jobs.

Postby Mr. No One » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:20 pm

waitforwinter wrote:I have recently been diagnosed with ASPD, which explains a lot. I have a very hard time keeping jobs. I.e., I've been fired from two jobs in the last month. If I don't find another job and keep it, my roommates are going to kick me out. Thoughts or ideas?

Explains what? That you can't find a job? LOL How old are you because this might have more to do with
age and other factors other than AsPD. LOL Cuz you just might be lazy. You can't blame you actions and
short comings on AsPD. Sure it might not help in certain aspects of your life. But that is a big time cop out. LOL
I have been diagnosed with AsPD and I have kept a job for over 10 years. I have not worked much for about 6 years.
But I still go to work and keep my job. Understand? And why don't you got your roomies under control? You really
must be lazy, cuz there should be no way they should be considering kicking you out. They should be wanting to
help you and all that. Get it together. LOL

And with that we might as well discuss something else as well, according to some there is a difference
within AsPD between sociopathy and psychopathy when it comes to this stuff. Like being able to keep
a job and/or relationship. Sociopaths can't seem to keep jobs or significant others and psychopaths can
keep jobs and relationship intact for years. Sociopaths disorganized, Psychopaths very organized. Sociopaths
random in victims and actions, Psychopaths very calculated in both. Sociopaths created by childhood upbringing,
societal factors, Psychopaths created genetically. Sociopaths live by the seat of their pants, Psychopaths
live by codes. Sociopaths tend to get caught and incarcerated more often than Psychopaths who are not
so random with crimes and more planned out. Etc Etc.

I guess it comes down to Nature vs Nurture. Which would explain alot by the way about how some
Anti-socials are considered worse than others or more sadistic in nature than others. Sociopaths sound
way more worse off, poor things. LOL Glad to be more psychopathic in nature myself. LOL

Either way, get a job at a telemarketer outfit, they'll hire anybody and it will help you brush up on your
articulation skills. Which you need with dealing with your roomies to get them seeing your way. LOL
Mr. No One
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 3884
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:03 am
Local time: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:18 am
Blog: View Blog (10)

Re: ASPD and jobs.

Postby pilgrimage » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:17 pm

Mr. No One said: And why don't you got your roomies under control? You really
must be lazy, cuz there should be no way they should be considering kicking you out. They should be wanting to
help you and all that. Get it together. LOL
Now that I admire! I love it.
Who sees the human face correctly: the photographer, the mirror, or the painter?
Pablo Picasso
User avatar
pilgrimage
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:44 pm
Local time: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: ASPD and jobs.

Postby DisinegratedHemlock » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Find a job you like and that is within reasonable hours and has an easy schedule for you to follow, (if schedule is a problem).
DisinegratedHemlock
Consumer 4
Consumer 4
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:19 pm
Local time: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: ASPD and jobs.

Postby inossak » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:59 pm

Mr. No One wrote:
waitforwinter wrote:I have recently been diagnosed with ASPD, which explains a lot. I have a very hard time keeping jobs. I.e., I've been fired from two jobs in the last month. If I don't find another job and keep it, my roommates are going to kick me out. Thoughts or ideas?

Explains what? That you can't find a job? LOL How old are you because this might have more to do with
age and other factors other than AsPD. LOL Cuz you just might be lazy. You can't blame you actions and
short comings on AsPD. Sure it might not help in certain aspects of your life. But that is a big time cop out. LOL
I have been diagnosed with AsPD and I have kept a job for over 10 years. I have not worked much for about 6 years.
But I still go to work and keep my job. Understand? And why don't you got your roomies under control? You really
must be lazy, cuz there should be no way they should be considering kicking you out. [b]They should be wanting to
help you and all that.
Get it together. LOL


Since when did people want to pay other peoples rent? You must live in an isolated deluted(this one is a fact) world cus most people are not so nice here in the real world. You seem to think there only exist two types of people, the sociopath and the normie where as the normie(stupid word btw) wants to help others no matter what..

Mr. No One wrote:And with that we might as well discuss something else as well, according to some there is a difference
within AsPD between sociopathy and psychopathy when it comes to this stuff. Like being able to keep
a job and/or relationship. Sociopaths can't seem to keep jobs or significant others and psychopaths can
keep jobs and relationship intact for years. Sociopaths disorganized, Psychopaths very organized. Sociopaths
random in victims and actions, Psychopaths very calculated in both. Sociopaths created by childhood upbringing,
societal factors, Psychopaths created genetically. Sociopaths live by the seat of their pants, Psychopaths
live by codes. Sociopaths tend to get caught and incarcerated more often than Psychopaths who are not
so random with crimes and more planned out. Etc Etc.


You cant label a disorganised person socio and an organised person a psychopath because of those traits only. Both labels are mean and vicious which is the general idea for the labels in the first place, and one of the reason why ASpd was created. What would you call one whos in the middle of organised and disorganised? You seem to take the criterias for face value only, not considering the endless different reasons to why the socio/psycho gets a "broken relationship" criteria... The psychopathic serial killer Edmund Kemper completly failed at relationships. So now hes a sociopath according to you? You come off as some quasi intelligent idiot. You are not smarter than average so keep your broken data to yourself.



Sorry mods but im right. If you want to give me more warnings you need to warn mr. no one aswell cus hes nitpicking on the OP. ;)

OP; You could always get welfare.
inossak
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:33 am
Local time: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: ASPD and jobs.

Postby Streef » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Mr. No One wrote:
waitforwinter wrote:I have recently been diagnosed with ASPD, which explains a lot. I have a very hard time keeping jobs. I.e., I've been fired from two jobs in the last month. If I don't find another job and keep it, my roommates are going to kick me out. Thoughts or ideas?

Explains what? That you can't find a job? LOL How old are you because this might have more to do with
age and other factors other than AsPD. LOL Cuz you just might be lazy. You can't blame you actions and
short comings on AsPD. Sure it might not help in certain aspects of your life. But that is a big time cop out. LOL
I have been diagnosed with AsPD and I have kept a job for over 10 years. I have not worked much for about 6 years.
But I still go to work and keep my job. Understand?


Ta.

And to winter: What the hell are you doing to get yourself fired so quickly? Not showing up?
User avatar
Streef
Consumer 2
Consumer 2
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:57 am
Local time: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: ASPD and jobs.

Postby Mr. No One » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:29 pm

inossak wrote:Since when did people want to pay other peoples rent? You must live in an isolated deluted(this one is a fact) world cus most people are not so nice here in the real world. You seem to think there only exist two types of people, the sociopath and the normie where as the normie(stupid word btw) wants to help others no matter what..

There is another variable in this regard. The fact that you don't read other people's post as thorough as you
ought. For if you did you would realize that I was referring to the fact that the "OP" did not have the people
around him/her under their control. And therefore they were thinking about kicking him out instead of helping
him/her out. Obviously, people are erratic in their behavior and that is why sometimes they need a little
help in the right direction. They would want to help him if he/she rearranged the situation for that to come
to fruition.

You cant label a disorganised person socio and an organised person a psychopath because of those traits only. Both labels are mean and vicious which is the general idea for the labels in the first place, and one of the reason why ASpd was created. What would you call one whos in the middle of organised and disorganised? You seem to take the criterias for face value only, not considering the endless different reasons to why the socio/psycho gets a "broken relationship" criteria... The psychopathic serial killer Edmund Kemper completly failed at relationships. So now hes a sociopath according to you? You come off as some quasi intelligent idiot. You are not smarter than average so keep your broken data to yourself.
Sorry mods but im right. If you want to give me more warnings you need to warn mr. no one aswell cus hes nitpicking on the OP. ;)
OP; You could always get welfare.

Well, I am not one to go by the book when it comes to "AsPD." I think I have proven this is various other posts.
But I do think that there might be some merit to there being two different kinds of "anti-social" personality. I'm
opened minded like that in certain instances. LOL As for your question of Mr. Kemper, why could not he be a
sociopath instead of a psychopath? The reason I use "broken" data as you refer to it, is the fact that I disagree
with the "good" doctors when speaking about this particular subject. This broken data is my own opinion, which
I consider myself an expert because supposedly I am a diagnosed "anti-social." There is so much unknown about
this disorder because there is not a huge amount of data. It hasn't been as fully studied as much as other mental
illnesses and disorder.

By the way, I don't think the mods are really worried about you "giving me a hard time." LOL You are going to
have to do alot better than that to "upset" me. LOL Your opinion of me and my intelligence is of no importance
to anyone other than yourself. So if you feel better after doing what you do, that is great and I hope it works
out for you. Carry on. LOL
Mr. No One
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 3884
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:03 am
Local time: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:18 am
Blog: View Blog (10)

Re: ASPD and jobs.

Postby inossak » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:07 am

Mr. No One wrote:There is another variable in this regard. The fact that you don't read other people's post as thorough as you
ought. For if you did you would realize that I was referring to the fact that the "OP" did not have the people
around him/her under their control. And therefore they were thinking about kicking him out instead of helping
him/her out. Obviously, people are erratic in their behavior and that is why sometimes they need a little
help in the right direction. They would want to help him if he/she rearranged the situation for that to come
to fruition.


Yes, and you missed my point where i tried to point out that; Many people are not the tools you think they are and you can control a tool for so long until they man up to you and kick you out. Thats why one targets weak people in the first place isnt it? He provided no information on this what so ever, so you are only making assumptions based on nothing.


Mr. No One wrote:Well, I am not one to go by the book when it comes to "AsPD." I think I have proven this is various other posts. But I do think that there might be some merit to there being two different kinds of "anti-social" personality. I'm
opened minded like that in certain instances. LOL As for your question of Mr. Kemper, why could not he be a
sociopath instead of a psychopath? The reason I use "broken" data as you refer to it, is the fact that I disagree
with the "good" doctors when speaking about this particular subject. This broken data is my own opinion, which
I consider myself an expert because supposedly I am a diagnosed "anti-social." There is so much unknown about
this disorder because there is not a huge amount of data. It hasn't been as fully studied as much as other mental
illnesses and disorder.



I think its a good thing that you don't go by the book, but you cant simply disregard stuff you dont like because you believe you're an expert. Typical way of thinking for deluted(religious etc) people if you didnt know. :P
However, in my book psychopathy(aspd) is just a word made to describe a certain "type" of people. The criterias for either Aspd or the psychopatic checklist are many and varies from person to person. Some may be disorgaanised, some are stupid, some are gay and some are sadistic to the degree that they hunt and kill other people for fun. Remember this is not people you see on TV. Real life is more complex. You don't seem to realise that you make two distinctions based on something that is not that relevant to the traits that is the reason for the label in the first place. Im not claiming to be an expert here but according to you we have two hardcore predators but we cant give them the same label because one sits on his lazy ass while the other does sports. Its just a silly way of thinking.


Mr. No One wrote:By the way, I don't think the mods are really worried about you "giving me a hard time." LOL You are going to have to do alot better than that to "upset" me. LOL Your opinion of me and my intelligence is of no importance
to anyone other than yourself. So if you feel better after doing what you do, that is great and I hope it works
out for you. Carry on. LOL


My post to you is not hostile but its not exactly nice either ill admit. I often come off as bad even though i dont mean to. Ive gotten a few warnings lately(where my opinion of it does not matter) and im simply trying to evade being "muted" because i "nitpick". If im going down for innocent #######4 im taking you with me. :lol: :P
inossak
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:33 am
Local time: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: ASPD and jobs.

Postby wooster » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:28 am

Mr. No One wrote:I have been diagnosed with AsPD and I have kept a job for over 10 years.

Wow! My best so far was 4 years in employment, and that was a job i had a particular interest in. (Despite the lousy paycheck - hardly even paid for the heating, I survived 2 winters by sleeping in a persian overcoat.)
(BTW by "own business" - in my above post - i meant anything creative, as long as you can pull off tax-evasion. I'm not the one to pay my duty.)
"Oyyoy oy oy, accelerate ze protons!" (Eugene Hütz)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPDFkQbNbwk
User avatar
wooster
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 10679
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 12:00 pm
Local time: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum




  • Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cosmonaut, Geostigma, HereNow, John Smith 1990, VladiRad and 151 guests

cron