Our partner

Six-year-old with possible personallity disorder.

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Six-year-old with possible personallity disorder.

Postby VTheChaosTheoryV » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:10 pm

This subject deserves to be dead, from here on out, no one respond to such stupidity. It's all a waste of time on our part, and for the fact that the thought of this subject is behind someone who must be the result of a conjoined twin fighting with the other over who should be right.
Trust all the things I tell you are true, dress up in your best so I can be proud of you, and never believe I won't turn on you, and never believe I do this for you. You're leading me on again and I find it, yeah I like it, and I'm reeling in awe for sure, now I know it was given to me.
VTheChaosTheoryV
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Shattered_Crystals » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:20 pm

VTheChaosTheoryV wrote:This subject needs to be burned to the ground for the incredible thought of stupidity fueling this subject. Say you have an infant, and the infant pukes all over itself. Are you going to assume that the infant did that just because it's hung over from the night before? If no, then why would you assume 6 years later the kid must be psychopathic? The reason for that kids atrocious behavior, that is if you are comparing it's behavior to a psychopath's potential behavior, is as result of:

Lack of Discipline.

Teach the kid to conform to your rules, or you beat it until it surrenders. If the kid however is 15 years old, and still refuses to listen to you no matter how many time you pound it's face into the dirt, then i would be inclined to agree with you.

Beating doesn't always work. And, I know this stuff. I have witnessed fights before. I don't get what wrong with thinking a child may be a sociopath. Being aware of someone's mental condition can make it easier for the mentally ill person, and can prevent severe victimization.
Shattered_Crystals
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:44 am

Postby VTheChaosTheoryV » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:51 pm

...I can't believe you just had the audacity to say that. Think about this for a second, i mean neurons have to be firing off to give a signal, ahh an idea! Let this sink in for a second.

6-years old....a psychopath....a 6-year old being a psychopath......at the age of 6..............15 years for old conduct disorder.....6 years old....to be psychopathic?

Any signal input yet?
Trust all the things I tell you are true, dress up in your best so I can be proud of you, and never believe I won't turn on you, and never believe I do this for you. You're leading me on again and I find it, yeah I like it, and I'm reeling in awe for sure, now I know it was given to me.
VTheChaosTheoryV
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Myers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:11 pm

VTheChaosTheoryV wrote:...I can't believe you just had the audacity to say that. Think about this for a second, i mean neurons have to be firing off to give a signal, ahh an idea! Let this sink in for a second.

6-years old....a psychopath....a 6-year old being a psychopath......at the age of 6..............15 years for old conduct disorder.....6 years old....to be psychopathic?

Any signal input yet?

Why do you find it so difficult to believe psychopaths are born, not raised? I, as well as many professionals who specialize in the area, namely Dr. Hare, agree that children as young as three can show signs of psychopathy. Of course, no official diagnosis can be made until adulthood, but the evidence is there from a very young age.
Myers
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby insincerity » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:15 pm

I think chaostheory's point is that any signs of psychopathy that might be present at age 6 are very likely just signs of other issues and you can't really make any justified judgment at that age.
insincerity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Myers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:49 pm

insincerity wrote:I think chaostheory's point is that any signs of psychopathy that might be present at age 6 are very likely just signs of other issues and you can't really make any justified judgment at that age.

Hence the reason a diagnosis of ASPD is not allowed until the age of 18. But there are documented cases of children who were clearly psychopathic, many of them murderers and rapists as young as nine, specifically Jeffrey Bailey, Jr. who pushed a three-year-old into a hotel swimming pool just because he wanted to see someone drown.
Myers
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby insincerity » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:52 pm

Myers wrote:
insincerity wrote:I think chaostheory's point is that any signs of psychopathy that might be present at age 6 are very likely just signs of other issues and you can't really make any justified judgment at that age.

Hence the reason a diagnosis of ASPD is not allowed until the age of 18. But there are documented cases of children who were clearly psychopathic, many of them murderers and rapists as young as nine, specifically Jeffrey Bailey, Jr. who pushed a three-year-old into a hotel swimming pool just because he wanted to see someone drown.

I'm not disagreeing with you.
insincerity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby PhoenixTrue » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:37 am

Myers wrote: Why do you find it so difficult to believe psychopaths are born, not raised? I, as well as many professionals who specialize in the area, namely Dr. Hare, agree that children as young as three can show signs of psychopathy. Of course, no official diagnosis can be made until adulthood, but the evidence is there from a very young age.

I have given this a lot of thought, i mean does the universe simply says: 'hey it's time to put another 'Devil' on earth' and then a 'psychopath' is born? Because if this is the case i think it's the only thing i would reclamate to God. No one deserves to be a psychopath by nature.

So having said this, i have but to one question to you: Who is the guy in your avatar?
It's all about LOVE and Indignation.
PhoenixTrue
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby VTheChaosTheoryV » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:03 am

When kids are of that age they do stupid $#%^, go figure. Just because they may have erratic behavior, does not imply anything but immaturity. Teach the kid otherwise, and go from there. If it doesn't conform, then yes that can be a red flag, but not exactly for psychopathy;it could be ADHD for all we know. Unless the kid starts running around like Chucky the killer doll stabbing people and proclaiming himself god, then just wait it out. Besides, what the hell can anyone do about it anyways? the kid is 6, you can't lock it up, you can't really give it therapeutic advice, you can't diagnose it because of immaturity of personality, so all you can do it just wait, nothing more.
VTheChaosTheoryV
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Shattered_Crystals » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:11 am

VTheChaosTheoryV wrote:When kids are of that age they do stupid $#%^, go figure. Just because they may have erratic behavior, does not imply anything but immaturity. Teach the kid otherwise, and go from there. If it doesn't conform, then yes that can be a red flag, but not exactly for psychopathy;it could be ADHD for all we know. Unless the kid starts running around like Chucky the killer doll stabbing people and proclaiming himself god, then just wait it out. Besides, what the hell can anyone do about it anyways? the kid is 6, you can't lock it up, you can't really give it therapeutic advice, you can't diagnose it because of immaturity of personality, so all you can do it just wait, nothing more.

Something can be done
Shattered_Crystals
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post