Our partner

Sociopath's anger.

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Sociopath's anger.

Postby asphyx » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:48 am

It is said that AsPDs have no emotion. But anger is an emotion and from what I understand when sociopaths get angry they get REALLY angry.

So how does that work? Is the anger of a sociopath just different to what 'normal' people feel?
asphyx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Sociopath's anger.

Postby SofiaMarriott » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:34 am

Sociopaths don't get mad; they get even. :P
"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking. And out of it we get an aggregation which we consider a boon. Its name is public opinion. It is held in reverence. Some think it the voice of God." -- Mark Twain
SofiaMarriott
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:29 am

Postby inossak » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:16 pm

Ill quote something for you instead of elaborating stuff myself. Its to early in the morning...

"Imagine feeling nothing towards anybody else, and never feeling bad about anything you've ever done. Only consider feeling deafened emotion when something directly impacts you. However, Psychopaths do experience, and feel emotions, contrary to popular belief, but it is shallow and deafened. Due to being egocentric they don't see other people as having them, and it is their own feelings that they care about, no one else's."

The famous psychopathic serial killer Ted Bundy freaked out when he realised he would be put to death. Another psychopathic serial killer named Edmund Kemper said he got $#%^ scared after his first kill on a stranger(he had killed his grandparents before that). Ive also watched the man get emotional and sob when talking about his mother which he hated and killed. The thing is these men are different in what makes them trigger. I think the reason for why many people think they have no emotions is because people expect everyone to react in the same way they will. "If a sociopath is able to kill with no remorse he must have no emotions at all" people imagine. Im sure some bad ass sociopaths will cry watching a disney movie, but when it comes to doing what they do best they dont need to feel anything.
inossak
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Myers » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:51 pm

My anger is intense and short-lived. And it's usually caused by some trivial inconvenience, like having a TV show canceled, or getting half the state of Texas banned from a forum.
Myers
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby antisthenes » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Myers wrote:My anger is intense and short-lived. And it's usually caused by some trivial inconvenience, like having a TV show canceled, or getting half the state of Texas banned from a forum.

i have to tell you man- getting half of texas banned? that is just funny. i'm still trying to see if they'll ease off on that ban. it's getting way out of hand over there with bans.
it is easier to get forgiveness than permission....
antisthenes
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:29 am

Postby antisthenes » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:50 pm

to the op-

i do feel things, i just have a very low emotional quotient. i don't interpret them very well (by "normal" standards i suppose). as for "anger"? it takes a lot of energy for me to maintain anger, but like myers it is pretty intense when i do feel it. usually in traffic. incompetent drivers piss me off. i do tend to get impatient as well.

like someone further up the thread said- i just feel the "wrong" things at the "wrong" times. it's easy to ignore though.
it is easier to get forgiveness than permission....
antisthenes
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:29 am

Postby Fredinstein » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:45 pm

I don't get angry. Really i don't get "anything". But that is purely me. I'm very passive, although i'm sure if someone prodded me enough.. i would eventually get irritated enough to do somthing. This blind rage hollywood depicts though, never had anything close to that.

Mind you, this forum could use a lot more of that blind anger. Tired of seeing the same old, someone comes in strong, flaming away, then caves into #######1 and makes goodie goodie with everyone.
"In order for someone to trust you, they'd have to understand you. Anyone that understood you, would never trust you." - Why I avoid relationships.
Fredinstein
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Shattered_Crystals » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:16 pm

I think you must be getting confused. According to my research just SOME sociopaths, do not feel absolutely literally any emotions.
Shattered_Crystals
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Peptron » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:50 pm

Shattered_Crystals wrote:I think you must be getting confused. According to my research just SOME sociopaths, do not feel absolutely literally any emotions.

Then what would make those different than a catatonic or disorganized schizophrenic in a particularly strong void phase? If they don't feel any emotion at all, wouldn't they simply end up frozen in some kind of vegetative mental stupor?
INTP, E--A=C-N--O=
Peptron
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:29 am

Postby Fredinstein » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:55 am

Shattered_Crystals wrote:I think you must be getting confused. According to my research just SOME sociopaths, do not feel absolutely literally any emotions.

Thats wrong and ignorant research then. Sociopaths have emotion.. without emotion, humans would not function. Sociopaths have DULLED emotion. Some more dulled than others. When idiots "report" on sociopaths, they're usually victims who enjoy emphasizing the "Evil" parts of the disorder, so theres all this false information out there saying they're 100% emotionless.

The DX criteria says DULLED emotion. No where does it say complete lack of.
"In order for someone to trust you, they'd have to understand you. Anyone that understood you, would never trust you." - Why I avoid relationships.
Fredinstein
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post