Our partner

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF TWO SOCIOPATHS BECAME FRIENDS?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF TWO SOCIOPATHS BECAME FRIENDS?

Postby Kvon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:35 am

WOULD YOU BEFRIEND A SOCIOPATH?

WHAT WOULD THE TWO SOCIOPATHS FRIENDSHIP BE LIKE?

WOULD YOU CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH HIM/HER?

JUST CURIOUS,
Kvon
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:40 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF TWO SOCIOPATHS BECAME FRIENDS?

Postby echidna1000 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:39 pm

Kvon wrote:WOULD YOU BEFRIEND A SOCIOPATH?

JUST CURIOUS,

Do online friends count?
I want to live to see the destruction of this universe, and the beginning of the next.
echidna1000
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Postby henrietta » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:59 pm

Kvon wrote:WOULD YOU BEFRIEND A SOCIOPATH?

JUST CURIOUS,

I'll assume you mean face to face.

It depends on the sociopath. If they have good control, then I probably would "befriend" them for curiosity.

I think we talked about what the friendship would be like not too long ago. They told me (since I was asking) they usually avoid eachother or dislike eachother unless only one is a violent sociopath, and the other is a charming or passive one. I would personally keep a distance until I was sure what they are like. I wouldn't want them to ruin my way of life I have atm.

Hmm, care about the sociopath? I might hold them higher than others since we think alike and could create similar pastimes others would dislike but actually caring about a sociopath sounds not only difficult (considering i do not care much about much) but stupid.

What would we do? Anything and everything we could get away with.
henrietta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:40 am

Postby Eric_Lee » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:17 pm

no, no, and more nos. The chances of sociopaths becoming friends is so small, it VERY rarely happens. The only tales are that of childhood friends both turning out to be sociopaths, and thus working together, or the random "love", if you can call it that.

They usually end up becoming a tag team murder team, and cause the world much greif.

The only thing that can take a sociopath down is another, which is why we avoid eachother.
Eric_Lee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Sabratha » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:43 pm

I dunno. I could see myself one or other way involved with a malignant narcissist or a high functioning psychopath if he/she was intelligent and interesting enough.
However I doubt this would go anywhere above meeting from time to time to talk or maybe sex. Psychopaths are the best people to know that other psychopaths are not really the best pick if you want to be actual friends with someone and have trust in them.
There are a lot of normal non-psychopathic people if you are into that sort of thing. Why risk another psychopath?
I'm self diagnosed with a very severe and incurable case of "being Sabratha".
Peptron wrote:Sabratha, you do not count, as you are a freak of nature. You go through life with cheat codes.
Sabratha
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Havani » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:50 pm

Can a sociopath develop an intellectual crush on someone? Similar to what a student might feel for a teacher. Do you feel drawn to a person with more authority, power, and intellect than you that you crave their attention?
Havani
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Kvon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:17 pm

I tried to be honest with a girl whom I went out with for 5 years that I have absolutely no feeling for her, she didn't believe it was only a fling. To me the fling was only a test for me to find who I truly am. (don't judge me monkey)
If no one can make me feel EMPATHY, maybe a person who has the similar condition can understand where I'm coming from. Maybe a sociopath can empathize with a sociopath. What do you think?
Kvon
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Sabratha » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:23 pm

Havani wrote:Can a sociopath develop an intellectual crush on someone? Similar to what a student might feel for a teacher. Do you feel drawn to a person with more authority, power, and intellect than you that you crave their attention?

I'm not sure taht I get what you mean by an "intellectual crush". Sure, if I meet someone intelligent who makes a lot of sense and is willing to sit down, talk and share thoughts I'm all for it. I like such meetings, they are interesting. However for me its really about the information, the substance of what we are talking about and not about the man/woman behind the info. Intelligent people are usually better than books (in the sense that they can reply to your questions in real time and are overall more interactive) but as far as emotional attachment goes, people and books are just vessels of information.

Kvon wrote:I tried to be honest with a girl whom I went out with for 5 years that I have absolutely no feeling for her, she didn't believe it was only a fling. To me the fling was only a test for me to find who I truly am. (don't judge me monkey)
If no one can make me feel EMPATHY, maybe a person who has the similar condition can understand where I'm coming from. Maybe a sociopath can empathize with a sociopath. What do you think?

I can perfectly understand what you mean. There were times where I didn't feel a thing for someone, but lied because I knew it wouldn't work if they knew how I felt. The fact that I understand (from personal experience no less) how it is doesn't mean I will empathize with you in the sense that I would want to give you a hug or a pat on the back (not to mention anything more).
I will understand, shrug and go my own way. Like I wrote before, why should one psychopath bother with another psychopath? Normies are less fuss.
I'm self diagnosed with a very severe and incurable case of "being Sabratha".
Peptron wrote:Sabratha, you do not count, as you are a freak of nature. You go through life with cheat codes.
Sabratha
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby henrietta » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:20 am

Havani wrote:Can a sociopath develop an intellectual crush on someone? Similar to what a student might feel for a teacher. Do you feel drawn to a person with more authority, power, and intellect than you that you crave their attention?

crave their attention, no. interested in talking to them, maybe but not enough to try. if it was a person standing around at a social gathering i would go up and talk to them, but if it was a teacher whom i would have to stay after class or email to get a conversation going then no.
henrietta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:40 am

Postby Kvon » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Do you guys have any friend? A friend that you truly cares? (sounds bit contradicting to the definition of sociopath), what about your parents, family members, do you care about them?
Kvon
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post