Our partner

sociopaths and jealousy

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

sociopaths and jealousy

Postby questions_to_ask » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:02 pm

are sociopath's jealous?

my platonic friend who i think is a sociopath has a pattern of demeaning people when they talk about being interested in other people. for example: if a friend talks about their boyfriend or girlfriend, lover or someone they are interested in, have a crush, etc. my friend seems to react in negative ways. either by raising his eyes in boredom, changing the subject, looking bored or saying something mean or cruel. but, when he says something mean or cruel he will do it with a smile on his face so your mind can't really figure out if he is truly being mean or just making a joke. i think it is his way of covering up his true intent of confusing the other person.

an example i could use would be: a friend saying,.....'i think that guy that works in the restaurant is cute.' and then my friend who i think is a sociopath would say with a big smile,.....'yeah, when i was in the restaurant the other day i told him my weird, fat friend thought he was attractive.'

then he will turn it on the other person and say they are just over sensitive and slightly paranoid and that it was simply a joke.
questions_to_ask
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:21 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: sociopaths and jealousy

Postby Eric_Lee » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Rofl. Clearly, anyone who is mean is a sociopath. -.-
Eric_Lee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby 13579 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:43 pm

Your friend sounds more like a Narcissist than a Sociopath.

Sociopaths nurture conversations about other people. It gives them a chance to identify and attain new victims or resources.

Postby sfguy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:27 pm

13579 wrote:Your friend sounds more like a Narcissist than a Sociopath.

What's the difference anyway? There's a lot of overlap in behaviors and I'm trying to figure out what the most important differences are. As far as I can tell, one of the most important is cruelty. Narcissists use cruel tactics sometimes to achieve their goals, but cruelty is always a means to an end, not the end itself. Narcissists are basically oblivious to other people's feelings. Whereas, sociopaths hurt people intentionally for no other reason than to enjoy the pain of others.
Does this sound right? What else would be significant differences?
sfguy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:21 am

Postby henrietta » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:45 pm

they could be jealous, or they could find relationship things extremely boring since (if they are a sociopath) they cannot relate to it at all.
henrietta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:21 am

Postby questions_to_ask » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:31 pm

thanks for the replys!

i just came on here because i was upset over something that had just happened. i guess to try and understand and make some sense of this confusion. but, i guess i can find out everything i need to know on google or in the library.

not sure what rolf means. is it rolling all over the floor laughing? i am glad my confusion makes you laugh. typical sociopath reaction i guess.

the thing i mentioned here is the littlest thing this man has done to me and others. i have known him for over 15 years and he has stolen, manipulated and terrorized people the whole time. i could go on for hours about what he has done.

i guess i am just figuring it out now and that is why the littlest things stand out now more as glaring clues than the bigger more obvious characteristics. it is a hard thing to admit that a friend enjoys hurting you.

it is time for me to end the friendship.
questions_to_ask
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post