Our partner

Sadistic thoughts

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: WichitaLineman

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Sadistic thoughts

Postby Sarabanda » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:04 am

I doubt I have this disorder, because I definitely don't meet all the criteria (I feel strong emotions of remorse, love, shame, etc.), but at times I fantasize about carrying violent acts, usually as a means of revenge against people who have done me wrong in the past, but sometimes just in general (I might have a thought of just killing some stranger I saw for no real reason, or some thought of becoming some dictator and comminting genocide). I've never done anything drastic. The worst thing I've done is beat a pet cat I had a long time ago. I also might watch the news and hear about someone being murdered, and this might give me a "good feeling". I still doubt that I have this disorder, because there are always certain people who I care about and would never harm. It's just as if I don't give a damn about anyone else.
I suffer from Borderline personality disorder, schizophrenia, and Asperger syndrome. Life can be hard, but I refuse to use my mental problems as an excuse for not giving it my all.
Sarabanda
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:08 am
Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Postby PQ » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:07 am

You say you're BPD. What more do you want? You think ASPD's have strong feelings or remorse and shame?
User avatar
PQ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:08 am
Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Sadistic thoughts

Postby ashc » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:01 am

It's normal in MY mind to have such thoughts. I have an underlying issue with power though (PPD). I don't think people with Antisocial PD can relate to how I "feel" .

You see someone die, and it doesn't hurt you. Have you watched people die for any reason? Sexual sadism or anything? Maybe you need help, but maybe not! :shock:

I don't think it's abnormal to feel happiness or something of the like to watch people die. Have you ever associated "bad things" with pleasure (killing or watching others die with pleasure )? Were you programmed?

I think you're normal, but I give advice like someone who needs an exorcism. Better luck next time.
"Come close for I am alone, but stay away for I fear intrusion."
ashc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 12:47 am
Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Sadistic thoughts

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:23 am

Unless you are prone to acting on your thoughts/urges it is unlikely you have Aspd.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 18646
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:55 pm
Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Sadistic thoughts

Postby Makeone » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:07 pm

Sarabanda wrote:I doubt I have this disorder, because I definitely don't meet all the criteria (I feel strong emotions of remorse, love, shame, etc.), but at times I fantasize about carrying violent acts, usually as a means of revenge against people who have done me wrong in the past, but sometimes just in general (I might have a thought of just killing some stranger I saw for no real reason, or some thought of becoming some dictator and comminting genocide). I've never done anything drastic. The worst thing I've done is beat a pet cat I had a long time ago. I also might watch the news and hear about someone being murdered, and this might give me a "good feeling". I still doubt that I have this disorder, because there are always certain people who I care about and would never harm. It's just as if I don't give a damn about anyone else.



Revenge sadism/violence is normal and uninteresting.
Vigilantism/revenge is probably the most normal trigger for violent urges. It's very simple and boring none the less revenge can be satisfying but it's not an ideal.
User avatar
Makeone
Consumer 3
Consumer 3
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:05 am
Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Sadistic thoughts

Postby XinshiMorend » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:28 am

Normal people have a tendency to crave conflict. I mean, a lot of completely average people seek out drama/conflict just to occupy their mind.
There's nothing abnormal about considering violence. Maybe even want it, because humans are naturally curious, yes?
I'm sure you're curious as to how it would feel to act on violent thoughts.

It could also be that the human brain likes to gravitate towards things you can't have. You aren't "allowed" to hurt people randomly, so your brain might idolize it as something out of your reach.
User avatar
XinshiMorend
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:32 am
Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:11 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Sadistic thoughts

Postby Nathan1337 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:13 am

I have lots of sexual sadism, and when I see chidlrens faces who have been raped it only turns me on because of the sad look in their face. Strangely enough, I'm not really a psychopath. Or an evil guy at all. it's just a fetish I have, I can't help it. The reason sadistic thoughts occur is not because of psychopathy, but the reason you'd act on them is because of psychopathy.
Nathan1337
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 11:15 pm
Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Sadistic thoughts

Postby ashc » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:30 am

Nathan1337 wrote:I have lots of sexual sadism, and when I see chidlrens faces who have been raped it only turns me on because of the sad look in their face. Strangely enough, I'm not really a psychopath. Or an evil guy at all. it's just a fetish I have, I can't help it. The reason sadistic thoughts occur is not because of psychopathy, but the reason you'd act on them is because of psychopathy.


That's too sadistic for me. I don't want to hurt children.
"Come close for I am alone, but stay away for I fear intrusion."
ashc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 12:47 am
Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Sadistic thoughts

Postby Dazz » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:34 am

Nathan1337 wrote:The reason sadistic thoughts occur is not because of psychopathy, but the reason you'd act on them is because of psychopathy.

lol do you honestly believe that the only reason a person would act upon their sadistic desires is because they are psychopaths?
User avatar
Dazz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:18 pm
Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Sadistic thoughts

Postby ashc » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:42 pm

Dazz wrote:
Nathan1337 wrote:The reason sadistic thoughts occur is not because of psychopathy, but the reason you'd act on them is because of psychopathy.

lol do you honestly believe that the only reason a person would act upon their sadistic desires is because they are psychopaths?


That's pretty much saying every pedophile is a psychopath . Completely false. Not all rapists are psychopathic. Not every murderer is a psychopath. I know you must realize this...
"Come close for I am alone, but stay away for I fear intrusion."
ashc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 12:47 am
Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum




  • Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 84 guests

cron