Our partner

The Uncanny Valley - Explains attraction?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: The Uncanny Valley - Explains attraction?

Postby caspin » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:57 pm

i dont really care about the threads topic, i ask questions here not you.
Just one more soul. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ◝(◕ ◡ ◕ )◜
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:26 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby justonemoreperson » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:39 am

julllia wrote:Are ghosts in the uncanny valley. Because they do not feel the same?

No, because they don't exist.

However, the way ghosts are often portrayed in movies often uses the uncanny valley effect to make them appear more disturbing.

Earlier, I used the image of the mask from Scream to demonstrate how warping existing human features would cause the effect, similar to how we tend to respond to those with deforming injuries.

Making ghosts appear slightly different to people in subtle, yet impossible, ways puts them into the uncanny valley and heightens people's fear to good effect.

It demonstrates a threat which we have no direct experience with, so we have no way to counteract or rationalise it.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:26 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby caspin » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:50 am

I dont believe in ghost, I am not a kid anymore.
Just one more soul. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ◝(◕ ◡ ◕ )◜
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:26 am

Postby NotAsCrazyAsIThought » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:49 pm

meeh.. I dont know about that , only place I feel there`s admiration for anti social behavior is here and inside male losers brain(mind)

that uncanny valley thing though , could explain why we love puppies and cats especially when they are disabled or have problems , but when we see a weird autist or that down syndrome guy , we feel disgusted
I come from a place where my language works very differently from english. Forgive me if I sound confusing or if I misunderstand anything.
NotAsCrazyAsIThought
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 am

Previous

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post