Our partner

Aggressive Personalities - Can You Relate?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Aggressive Personalities - Can You Relate?

Postby Reaper » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:29 am

According to this: http://counsellingresource.com/features/2008/11/03/aggressive-personalities/

And this: http://counsellingresource.com/features/2008/11/04/aggressive-personalities-part-2/

There are different types of aggressive personalities:

The first type I call the unbridled aggressive.
These are the individuals we have typically called “antisocial” in their behavior pattern because they so frequently violate major social norms and end up running afoul of the law.

More info: http://counsellingresource.com/features/2008/11/06/unbridled-aggression/

The second type I label the channeled aggressive.
Individuals with this personality type frequently channel their aggressive energies into socially sanctioned outlets such as competitive sports, military careers, etc., and tough corporate enterprise. They contain their aggression for pragmatic purposes but will cross socially acceptable boundaries when they feel assured they will get away with it.

More info: http://counsellingresource.com/features/2008/11/12/channeled-aggressive/

Covert-aggressive personalities do their best to appear benign on the surface and to veil all their aggressive agendas.

More info: http://counsellingresource.com/features/2008/11/19/covert-aggressive-personality/

Another subtype is one that I label the sadistic aggressive.
Most aggressive personalities hurt other people. But that is not their principal aim. Aggressive personalities generally simply want what they want and if they have to run roughshod over someone else to get it, so be it. Causing pain is not their aim. Getting their way is their main desire. But for the Sadistic Personality, inflicting pain and demeaning others is a primary objective.

More info: http://counsellingresource.com/features/2008/11/13/understanding-the-sadistic-personality/

Lastly, I apply the label predatory aggressive to the most severely disturbed of all characters, the psychopath (alt: sociopath).
These individuals are first and foremost characterized by their senseless, remorseless, and completely empathy-devoid use, abuse, manipulation, and exploitation of others. Some of these individuals also lead parasitic lifestyles.

More info: http://counsellingresource.com/features/2008/11/24/predatory-aggressive-personality/

1. Do you have an aggressive personality? If so, which of the aggressive personalities above do you believe you have?

2. What experiences have you had that show you have the aggressive personality (or personalities) you mentioned in question 1.?

(There's bound to be some consistent behavior that reflects the personality)
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:30 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Aggressive Personalities - Can You Relate?

Postby kaloya123 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Is there a type of aggressiveness that is characterised as vengeful? I read them all but i didn't find the one that suits me. :D :D :D
OCD+NPD+antisocial behavior (but not ASPD)
kaloya123
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby ScarletRaven » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:32 pm

1.Do you have an aggressive personality? If so, which of the aggressive personalities above do you believe you have?

Somewhere between Sadistic Aggressive and Psycopath. I agree with what is said in regards to Sadistic Aggression but my objective is to cause pain. That is what I want.

2. What experiences have you had that show you have the aggressive personality (or personalities) you mentioned in question 1.?

When I was younger, when people did not do what I wanted or if people annoyed me in general I used to beat them. With some of my partners in the past, I have physically abused them just because I was bored. Sometimes during sex. I lose my temper at people quite often. I find that violence especially violence inacted on another human being gives me pleasure and reduces my boredom. Violence is another way for me to get what I want if I feel like I can get away with it. It's funner than manipulating people emotionally.

I do Martial Arts as well. So I suppose that's a bit of channeled aggression.
I am the queen of the ward, baby
ScarletRaven
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:59 pm

The sadistic and predatory aggressive personalities apply to me the most.

I relate to the sadistic one because I get pleasure from hurting others in various ways, both verbally and physically. It amuses me. It's also pleasurable in the power/control sense and sexually to some degree, especially when I'm physically hurting someone.

I relate to the predatory one because I use and manipulate people to benefit myself with complete disregard to their feelings etc. I also experience a desire to kill, which makes me go into hunt mode when around others, searching for potential prey, even though I may have no actual plan to kill anyone. Going into hunt mode feels instinctual. It's automatic. At least it seems automatic anyway because I just do it without any forethought.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:30 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby TerrorizeSpeed » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:22 am

*Disclaimer, never been diagnosed with ASPD, just browsing.

1.Do you have an aggressive personality? If so, which of the aggressive personalities above do you believe you have?
I'd fit the channeled and covert types. I definitely have an aggressive personality, but I have to be mindful to keep it under wraps if I'm not in close company. Like you said, aggressive personalities don't stem from an inclination to hurt others, but rather the need to get what I want. That said, I realize how damaging my raw aggression could be to me socially, so I make sure to either disguise my aggression as "drive" (channeling) or hide it altogether.

I lift weights and pursue academics pretty rigorously and I attribute my success in no small part to my ability to channel aggression.
As far covert aggression, I have a fenced backyard that I sometimes use to break scrap wood with a bat or my fists, and I'll go at it for half an hour or longer, work up a sweat, get my knuckles good and bloody. When I'm done I wash up and try to move on with my day, but occurrences such as this as pretty infrequent.
TerrorizeSpeed
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:30 pm

Postby caspin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:18 pm

Covert and Sadistic.
These ones for me, since most of my crimes was when I had take drugs/alcohol.
When I didnt take anything I was a teddy bear, for the most.
Just one more soul. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ◝(◕ ◡ ◕ )◜
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 am

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:36 pm

^

should someone be diagnosed with alcoholism/substance abuse or Aspd in that case?
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:30 pm

Postby caspin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:55 pm

sure you dont know
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby kaloya123 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:41 pm

crystal_richardson_ wrote:^
should someone be diagnosed with alcoholism/substance abuse or Aspd in that case?

I was asking myself the same question. :D :D :D
OCD+NPD+antisocial behavior (but not ASPD)
kaloya123
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby caspin » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:39 pm

yeah I can understand but if you dont have memory like a gold fish you should know how I did get my diagnosis.
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post