Our partner

Am I a sociopath?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Am I a sociopath?

Postby Ocelote1911 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:22 am

So basically what goes on in my head is I can't really feel like other people do I know that something is supposed to be there but its just not. Instead what I have are these calculating thoughts that come to my mind whenever I am supposed to feel some type of way that drive me insane because I don't know how to react in emotional situations.

It angers me when people get emotional with me because I do not understand them and in my mind I think that having feelings makes people blind to reality and the way the world should work. Whenever I am a relationship she will try to tell me how she feels but I can just never see eye to eye because none of what she is saying makes any sense, it just sounds like weak excuses for acting a certain way.

Then that eventually backfires on me, because I can't understand what's going on so I will eventually say the wrong things in certain situations and get into these awkward moments where I messed up and didn't even realize it and now I have to try to make something up off the top of my head and twist words together so that what I said makes sense to the other person without them getting more upset. I usually tend to keep to myself and smoke bud, and play video games.

I have no friends I really want to hangout with unless I need something then I will get them to come over. My friends from work aren't even my friends I act like a completely different person than I actually am in society so that I won't get singled out, they are basically a shield for me so that I can come off as normal. Whenever something doesn't go my way I tend to freak out in most cases because in my opinion the way I think is far more superior to others ways of thinking, so its like why do I have to listen to your stupid ideas when really it should be done like this.

There are moments when I feel like I'm losing a grip on the control I have in my life I often zone out and have the most gruesome thoughts go through my head. These thoughts even come out of the blue at points to where Ill just zone out into that little world of control. I live my life knowing exactly what I'm going to and when and how I'm going to do it and it always turns out as planned.

My brain has never let me down and I'm always calculating everything I feel like with life I have to know and be ready for anything. I can't emotions get in the way of that and make me weak. I'm the guy to where if someone was going through a crisis I would just get really awkward and quiet because, how do you react to that like I don't feel bad for this person and I can fake all of my emotions but some are to strong for me to even comprehend. All of my human encounters for the most part fake and stale, and they seem to like me but I have no idea why they would, my life is basically one big lie hiding this extremely dark person.
Ocelote1911
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Am I a sociopath?

Postby caspin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:02 pm

I read it pretty fast. Well you are not impulsive, but I dont think you need other opinions about yourself. If you are smart like you write then this is a stupid thing.
Just one more soul. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ◝(◕ ◡ ◕ )◜
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 am

Postby naps » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Ocelote1911 wrote:I don't know how to react in emotional situations.

*Schizoid personality disorder.

It angers me when people get emotional with me

Then that eventually backfires on me, because I can't understand what's going on so I will eventually say the wrong things in certain situations and get into these awkward moments where I messed up and didn't even realize it and now I have to try to make something up off the top of my head and twist words together so that what I said makes sense to the other person without them getting more upset.

*Maybe a touch schizotypal?

I usually tend to keep to myself and smoke bud, and play video games.

I have no friends I really want to hangout with unless I need something then I will get them to come over. My friends from work aren't even my friends I act like a completely different person than I actually am in society so that I won't get singled out, they are basically a shield for me so that I can come off as normal.

*Schizoid personality disorder: covert

There are moments when I feel like I'm losing a grip on the control I have in my life I often zone out and have the most gruesome thoughts go through my head. These thoughts even come out of the blue at points to where Ill just zone out into that little world of control.

I'm the guy to where if someone was going through a crisis I would just get really awkward and quiet because, how do you react to that like I don't feel bad for this person and I can fake all of my emotions but some are to strong for me to even comprehend. All of my human encounters for the most part fake and stale, and they seem to like me but I have no idea why they would, my life is basically one big lie hiding this extremely dark person.

*Not a diagnosis.

I'm sorry to inform you that you are not a sociopath. :cry: Lots of people have dark thoughts.

Go to the Schizoid forum http://www.psychforums.com/schizoid-personality/ And see if you can relate to some of the threads there.
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:07 pm

Postby ElectricBalls » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:46 pm

No you are not a sociopath; a sociopath would not bother themselves by getting angry on emotional situations.
ElectricBalls
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:07 am

Postby Aghen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:42 pm

I don't think you're a Sociopath either. Now, if you had said: "I get bored when people get emotional with me," then I'd be more inclined. That being said, I am sympathetic toward your experiences, some of mine run parallel to yours. Best of luck with the normies in your life.
Aghen
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:07 pm

Postby Menance » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:55 am

Sounds more like some form of autism. But i do not know.
Menance
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 am

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post