Our partner

How many sociopaths does it take to change a lightbulb?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

How many sociopaths does it take to change a lightbulb?

Postby shanzeek » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:32 pm

The name of the topic is a joke, but the topic itself is not:

What happens when you put 2 sociopaths in the same workplace, or when you marry a woman and realize her daddy/brother is one too? Do you avoid each other, do you try to bring him down?
Can it ever happen that a human predator becomes a victim of another, stronger one, or is the "victim" tag only reserved for empathetic people? Have you ever been a target yourself?
What factors make someone a better player and manipulator (beside the obvious ones, like intelligence and experience)?
shanzeek
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:07 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How many sociopaths does it take to change a lightbulb?

Postby julllia » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:38 pm

never compete with a sociopath or a narcissist unless you are one. because they obsess like nons can't.
i think you should run away. unless you like it because you are yourself something
julllia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Two sociopaths can prey on each other, then it becomes a game of who can outsmart the other. It's a dangerous game full of smoke and mirrors and not one you want to play lest you're prepared to go all the way, and I mean all the way.

Two sociopaths can get along fine though if they happen to have a common goal that both can use the other to achieve.

What factors make someone a better player and manipulator? Aside from intelligence and street smarts, Information.

Information holds power. The more information you have the more cards you have to play with.
Last edited by Reaper on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby julllia » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:44 pm

also to add i think they will self sabotage and lose on their own most probably. but if you actually try to compete like them, there would be a point where a non would hesitate to hurt the other and stop obsessing and the other won't.so better run. unless you like it
or just do your thing and do not get involved in the envy stuff
julllia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby VanHunter » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:50 pm

It becomes a contest then. At work I think more destructive because there isn't any sense of permanency. The other situation is more delicate because it's someone that will be dealt with. Depending on how they feel (the ASPD parent) the ideal situation might be to urge the spouse to disown the parent. Separate, but if they must be tolerated than it'll be a game of one upping each other into eternity. The older one will typically lose though because funerals count in the game. But the parent likely has more influence and may get spouse to abandon ASPD spouse. Which isn't a bad idea anyway.
VanHunter
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:07 pm

Postby julllia » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:59 pm

i realized that i read the question wrong before. eh. the best man wins. is like asking what happens when anyone gets competitive. the better one wins,i mean the more skillful
julllia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ScarletRaven » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:03 pm

shanzeek wrote:The name of the topic is a joke, but the topic itself is not:

What happens when you put 2 sociopaths in the same workplace, or when you marry a woman and realize her daddy/brother is one too? Do you avoid each other, do you try to bring him down?
Can it ever happen that a human predator becomes a victim of another, stronger one, or is the "victim" tag only reserved for empathetic people? Have you ever been a target yourself?
What factors make someone a better player and manipulator (beside the obvious ones, like intelligence and experience)?

I am playing a little game like this currently.

I think there is a lot of fascination with one another. You kind of have an incling when you first meet.

Then the testing phase begins. It gets very competitive. Most people won't know what's going on but we both knew.

At this point the two of us gave each other a bit of distance. I certainly gathered information. You need to know what fish swim in your pond.

We have the same taste in targets.

I guess it's very competitive. I certainly like to show off to them. Drop hints I know they will get. Show off targets they would have wanted.

But both of us are not sure of each others intentions. I would love to team up with them but I know what I would do. I wouldn't trust me for $#%^. So why would I trust them?

This is my experience I guess.

Charm makes the one better than the other, if you draw in all the other obvious areas.

We are a pretty equal match so the game is interesting. I think if one of you becomes the victim, the game would lose its taste.
I am the queen of the ward, baby
ScarletRaven
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby shanzeek » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:32 pm

ScarletRaven wrote:
We are a pretty equal match so the game is interesting. I think if one of you becomes the victim, the game would lose its taste.

What is the goal in this case if there's no "victim"? Purely for fun?
shanzeek
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ScarletRaven » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:08 pm

shanzeek wrote:
ScarletRaven wrote:

What is the goal in this case if there's no "victim"? Purely for fun?

It's fascination.

Or, why would you play a game of chess with someone if you knew they were going to lose to you every single time. Sometimes you need a bit of a challenge. Something to keep you on your toes.
I am the queen of the ward, baby
ScarletRaven
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DefinitelyNotTommi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:03 pm

Honestly I haven't found out for myself.
I'd be very interested to see how it would go.
Your greatest enemy will hide in the last place you would ever look.
DefinitelyNotTommi
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:07 pm

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post