Our partner

Changes

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: seabreezeblue, Otter

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: Changes

Postby caspin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:43 am

Reaper wrote:
Mr_Mogwai wrote:Sure. Because retards lack the ability to reflect on themselves.

You think I'm a retard. That's amusing.

Your brain changes after 18. Until age 25 the brain grow.
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby 1201236 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:48 am

So as we change when we grow, I do not know your meaning. A little is not a child, and a child is not an elder. A babe does not think or do as a man; none may gainsay this.

From the wises in which I did in high school I have become an unlike man. I do not seek friends or good will or do the deeds of others, and most unlike this has made me in wises. I learn, think, and do unlike things, and then I learned or thought little; and of custom and fellowship was I a thrall.
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:08 am

Postby Macaria88 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:09 am

caspin wrote:
Reaper wrote:
Mr_Mogwai wrote:Sure. Because retards lack the ability to reflect on themselves.

You think I'm a retard. That's amusing.

Your brain changes after 18. Until age 25 the brain grow.

Actually, it doesn't stop at 25. The brain is a plastic organ. Just look at cases where speech has returned after brain damage, it rewires itself.

However, we are born with all the neurons we are going to get. You can't become smarter, no matter how much you age.
Macaria88
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:08 pm

Postby caspin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:21 am

Yeah I agree. :oops:
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SweetSlumber » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:32 pm

Mr_Mogwai wrote:Did you change significantly over the years or are you still the same just aged?

Did you ever saw someone who changed in personality appeaance etc. over time?

I don't think my personality changed much. When put in a similar situation I act similar to how I used to. My interests don't seem to have changed very much either.
"The past is never dead. It is not even past."
Dx: PDNOS
SweetSlumber
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:08 pm

Postby Eight » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:44 pm

I'm essentially the person I always have been, but much has changed as well.

I think differently and behave very differently from when I was a young adult. My personality is the same, but it's tempered by all my experiences and I manage myself much better.

I think it's called maturing.

Aren't most of you in your 20's? I'd imagine you haven't changed much as yet.
Eight
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:08 am

Postby SweetSlumber » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:58 pm

Eight wrote:I'm essentially the person I always have been, but much has changed as well.

I think differently and behave very differently from when I was a young adult. My personality is the same, but it's tempered by all my experiences and I manage myself much better.

I think it's called maturing.

Aren't most of you in your 20's? I'd imagine you haven't changed much as yet.

Do people often change after their 20s? My parents don't seem to have changed one bit since I was little.
SweetSlumber
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby caspin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:16 pm

I sure hope you grow as a person.
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Eight » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:41 pm

SweetSlumber wrote:Do people often change after their 20s? My parents don't seem to have changed one bit since I was little.

Are your parents PD'ed? mental health issues? addicted?

Do they read and think broadly? give themselves new experiences and put themselves into new situations?

Do they challenge their own thinking? go over long held beliefs to see if they still believe?

Do they adapt to new/changing environments? Have they moved? changed jobs? gone back to school? got new friends?

If the answers to the first questions have a yes, and the remaining questions have mostly no's, then no wonder that there has been little change.

Something has to change to bring about a change.
Eight
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:08 am

Postby SweetSlumber » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:49 pm

^that makes sense. My parents have always been terrified of change and unwilling to listen to others.

I'm glad that I ended up becoming a jobless uni dropout with no significant other. It's better than being stuck in a job you hate, wasting time on lectures that won't actually help you (as I've recently found out), stuck in a dysfunctional relationship just because changes are scary.
SweetSlumber
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum