Our partner

How Do You Feel About Authority Figures

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: How Do You Feel About Authority Figures

Postby Reaper » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:49 am

Chainsaw wrote:Btw, which avatar do you mean? I changed it several times. This one came from a Vogue page, but I have no idea who he/she is, since he/she is androgynous, lol.

She looks like the girl from Game of Thrones - Arya Stark.

Her real name is Maisie Williams.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby naps » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:10 pm

naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby daybreaker » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:07 am

I can't stand people who are put into positions of authority. Especially when they abuse their power, which is constantly. They are monsters, more so than we are at times.
daybreaker
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:24 pm

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:22 am

daybreaker wrote:I can't stand people who are put into positions of authority. Especially when they abuse their power, which is constantly. They are monsters, more so than we are at times.

They don't get "put" into positions of power, they put themselves in those positions. At least they work to be be put in those positions.

Would you not do the same if you had the capability? And, if so, would you not abuse that power to an extent?
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:24 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Sixoclock0 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:24 am

Dx: Bipolar II
☆ In a world where you can be anything. Be kind. ☆
Sixoclock0
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:24 am

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:15 pm

justonemoreperson wrote:
daybreaker wrote:I can't stand people who are put into positions of authority. Especially when they abuse their power, which is constantly. They are monsters, more so than we are at times.

They don't get "put" into positions of power, they put themselves in those positions. At least they work to be be put in those positions.

Would you not do the same if you had the capability? And, if so, would you not abuse that power to an extent?

Well that's not entirely true now is it jomp?

people ARE often if not usually put into such positions once they are recognized for suitability. Yes, they may desire it but that doesn't change the fact that there are gatekeepers, if you will.

the suitability criteria is usually along the lines of "how do you benefit me/the organization?"

you know there is a saying, or rather a 'law' of power, to deal with a threat you can promote a person or repress them. so you can throw them into jail or bring them into the fold of the organization and control them that way.

and indeed some people are given explicitly just this choice - join us in x capacity or we'll kill you.

but usually, or nowadays or these parts, it is usually some combination of desire and what does the person do for the people above them.

even where regimes are vying for position in unstable parts of the world, they usually have outside support from above 'putting them in'.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby coldbeing » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:23 am

When you have to interact with them for whatever reason, how do you feel about police officers, doctors, psychologists and/or teachers (if you're in school or uni) etc? Have you had issues with them in the past? Explain.

I used to get in trouble in school when I was a teenager because I couldn't control my laughter when a teacher was scolding me (not taking them serious). But as of now I feel nothing towards those people, however just because there isn't hate doesn't mean I'm not capable of killing them.

Were you're parents/caregivers very disciplined with you while growing up? Did you ever feel like they were trying to control your life? How did you react to their discipline and/or lectures?

My parents were ok, Nothing out of the ordinary.
coldbeing
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:24 pm

Postby NotAsCrazyAsIThought » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:28 am

Sixoclock0 wrote:Image

lol , I just love this
I come from a place where my language works very differently from english. Forgive me if I sound confusing or if I misunderstand anything.
NotAsCrazyAsIThought
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:24 am

Postby TheAdversary » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:11 am

I am neutral on authority figures because their like social tools for me to legally prey upon others. I used to work at a hotel where homeless people would sometimes wait outside or hide in the parking lot to sleep. There was this one pathetic old bastard with a dog who would sometimes come in and wait in the lobby, I told him that if he didn't leave I'd kill his dog, and then called the police on him after he punched me, he got taken away for assault after I explained to the officers that I had just asked him to leave and he refused and started hitting me. No sweeter feeling than having someone in power believe your word over someone else's.
TheAdversary
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:24 pm

Postby Fool » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:54 pm

am generally well behaved, quiet and efficient until there is leverage to offset the imbalance of hierarchy. after that it is generally just indifference so long as they respect autonomy. if not things might go a little private pyle.

if someone pays me to jump when they say jump, and they don't go out of their way to annoy when we're not bouncing up and down, then acquiescing to their authority is just good business. it's self defeating not to cooperate. i don't desire control over authority figures because they perform a function i'm not good at. i am not responsible or reliable long term and those who can maintain these traits generally earn my respect so long as they get profitable results

otoh, i have actively sabotaged superiors in the past simply because they were unbearable to work with. weak people abusing strong positions in order to engage in pettiness or an inability to behave with professional courtesy basically rings the recess bell in my mind and i will turn the whole world to quicksand just to watch them sink. it's sometimes more gratifying to watch an asshole go to pieces than it is to indulge them for the sake of reward.

can't say i feel hostility towards them so long as i can see the cost/benefit without freaking out. it's like getting angry with the atm because it asks for your PIN. just do what you gotta do and move on. i'm a hard worker so long as i manage my vices efficiently and i don't understand feeling these things about people who are presumably doing the exact same thing, in some cases to a greater degree than myself.

thinking on this i realize i have actually been notably resistant to authority from a very young age. i remember when i was about seven and setting my teacher's school computer on fire because she was making fun of me. the fact that i was a student and she was a morbidly obese teacher trying to pick on me was really infuriating. it was like bearing witness to all the shame and and hatred she'd acquired over her vast 50 something years and realizing she was choosing to inflict them on a kid. she was free game i guess and her authority literally meant nothing to me, even as a little kid lol

tldr... think i handle authority figures really well but in reality go full spaz mode and start fires until i feel better about life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2cPuwpqTg
"Kindly let me help before you drown" said the monkey, lifting the fish into the tree.
Fool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post