Our partner

How Do You Feel About Authority Figures

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: How Do You Feel About Authority Figures

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Fri May 19, 2017 6:42 pm

na i have the most freedom i've ever had right now and while i'm not as happy as i'd like to be i am certainly happier than i was working, even though i am dependent on someone.

fundamentally, i have the most freedom to do what i want

now, here's the kicker, were i rich and owned a company that i barely had to oversee directly to run i would probably be just as happy if not happier. see how it works?

but i won't be happy in the middle where i am neither rich (and thus free) nor unemployed but still surviving through compromises - mostly just giving up things i don't care much about anyway, and which certainly aren't worth being a modern work slave for.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby kaloya123 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:49 pm

- When you have to interact with them for whatever reason, how do you feel about police officers, doctors, psychologists and/or teachers (if you're in school or uni) etc? Have you had issues with them in the past? Explain.

I have to behave politely with them, because flattering helps me get ahead in my life (personal experience), but if a teacher (or another kind of person with authority) behaves with me badly, i destroy them no matter their position. When i was younger, i had many problems with the headmistress, who behaved "cocky" with me. I laughed out loud in her face, when she commented on my behaviour.

- Were you're parents/caregivers very disciplined with you while growing up? Did you ever feel like they were trying to control your life? How did you react to their discipline and/or lectures?

They were (my father is narcissistic, so he felt ashamed of me when i behaved childishly in public). Yes, i felt i am being controlled and i sought REVENGE when they controlled me. :D :D :D
OCD+NPD+antisocial behavior (but not ASPD)
kaloya123
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:40 pm

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Fri May 19, 2017 6:54 pm

also, part of it is enjoying your work. i like being a 'full-time partner' even though it can be hardwork - and it can.

an easier more satisfying life isn't directly proportional to how 'hard' you work. nothing about hard work is hard inherently, it's the meaning the work has to you. like for example, doing hard work on a farm you own means something different than doing hard work for someone else on their property or rented office or whatever.

when the fruits of your labour go into something that is YOURS - a relationship, your land - your muscles literally become charged with 10x the jules they would working for someone else on something you do not own.

this is an important concept and something i directly experienced/discovered although it's no secret.

so that's also my beef with modern employment - i can't stand working on other people's projects - giving them all my ideas and everything and what do i get in return? money lol

i dissociate from the fact that this forum exploits my posting and i've probably made the owner rich lol
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Eight » Fri May 19, 2017 7:09 pm

I understand all that, and agree. I own what I participate in and wouldn't have it any other way.

But you seem to be talking contradictorily now to what you said before and have said in the past.

You were trying to make the point that we aren't truly free because land is owned by others, and we can't work on the land or take from the land as we would if it were free to all... we are serfs... we are conditioned by and slaves to society... we have no real free choice... etc.

It was those thoughts I was commenting on.

I believe you are happier than you have been in the past. I think your arrangement suits you. Good for you.

It is when you pontificate on things that don't match up to how you yourself live that it gets tiresome.

You are a full-time partner and that makes you happy. Good. Nice for you. I mean that. I think it's a smart choice for you.

You've also said that you don't love your partner, you use him, you don't show him your real self but are false with him and know that he'd change the situation if he ever saw who/how you actually are, if he kicks you out you'll just find another man and try to replicate the situation, and so on.

That's ok... for you. It's when you try to tell females how they should be, or males how they are and what they need, or set yourself up as some authority on relationships as they should be, or castigate people who choose things that you don't agree with by saying that they aren't operating on real choices, and so on that you become tedious and hypocritical.
Eight
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 am

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Fri May 19, 2017 7:21 pm

na you've just shewed my words or introduced irrelevance

indeed, i have said contradictory things, sometimes in an alternate state of mind...but that's besides the point

and i used to be all about responding and correcting you but i can't be bothered now lol

although i'll clarify or rather repeat this: jomp said we agree to give our time for a fee, and so the employer has the 'right'; however, contracts are only meaningful (or as meaningful) as the extent to which they were freely entered. this is even a concept in law. forced contracts are void.

but i am applying in a more general sense, that we do not freely enter contracts with employers to the extent that they deserve these supposed rights to our labour

also, work in capitalist is inherently exploitative, so there's that too. what does that mean for the employer's rights? they are making profiting off of you, you are not paid for exactly what you make or your full time, you are getting a cut.

in other systems it's 1:1 because there is no profit margin; under this system i would think the employer has a greater 'right', since you are getting paid exactly for what you produce, and slacking off should indeed cut into your pay.

now you can argue that everyone benefits more from the profit system, that the people who are really get screwed are somewhere far at the other side of the world so we shouldn't complain about exploitation, but this just encourages the exploitative mentality and makes it acceptable when it's not. people are 'bought off' to accept it.

but strictly speaking, there is no real right that the employer has, even applying modern concepts of law of course the law conveniently doesn't recognize this application as it goes beyond the system.

law assumes serfdom. it's so ubiquitous it's invisible.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Pennywise » Fri May 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Reaper wrote:
- When you have to interact with them for whatever reason, how do you feel about police officers, doctors, psychologists and/or teachers (if you're in school or uni) etc? Have you had issues with them in the past? Explain.

Well it depends on if they are authoritative or authoritarian. Authoritative people handle their authority properly and don't abuse it, authoritarians abuse their authority and give people reason to mistrust authority figures. They can't always be nice when you are a criminal, then they are out to get you and not you friendly neighborhood police officer anymore.

Teachers have the power to flunk us then they become a pain in the ass. If we are always messing around and a poor student. If we are a diligent student then power is balanced. In the past I was both a mediocre student and an excellent student at different time periods. As a mediocre/potentially failing student, the teachers seemed scary and evil. Not so when i was excelling.

With psychiatrist I have no problem even though I am told others don't like my psychiatrist. Maybe that is their problem. When my psychiatrist said I was acting childish once, I asked her couldn't she use a better term. I agreed my behavior might be childish but I didn't like the term. No big deal. Didn't mean she was totally incompetent. Now when I was manic and having bpd same time in hospital I hated her and told same psychiatrist I wanted to fire her. She worked with me.

- Were you're parents/caregivers very disciplined with you while growing up? Did you ever feel like they were trying to control your life? How did you react to their discipline and/or lectures?Not overly disciplined at all. They were over protective and that was annoying and I would cry and act out. It was felt smothering when they were over protective and triggered bad behavior in me and eventually my parents stopped because it was bad for my health.
Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will.
Pennywise
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:40 am

Postby xSid » Fri May 19, 2017 9:36 pm

I don't see docs and psych docs as authority figures. Teachers either, I guess, cause never minded them much. Police, judges, military, higher government employees and all that, I ######6 hate the bastards. It's almost instinctual hate, I flip off only looking at them. Best moment in my life was when I beat the crap out of a cop - shits followed, and it still worthed every single second of all the crap that followed
xSid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MotherRussia » Fri May 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Reaper wrote:I feel a lot of hostility towards people in positions of authority (especially when dealing with them), this includes police officers, doctors, psychologists and even my mother when she's trying to tell me how to live my life (I know she's only doing it because she cares, but it still pisses me off. I'm an adult now. I don't need anyone telling me how to live my life).

I can't stand anyone telling me what to do or not to do, but I think the biggest issue I have with people in authority is trust. My experiences have taught me that no-one can ever really be trusted.

It's not just hostility and lack of trust though. I have a lot anger in me. I feel like I'm angry at everyone. At the entire fuking world, but it's the people who think they have authority over me that really bring out the worst in me.

- Were you're parents/caregivers very disciplined with you while growing up? Did you ever feel like they were trying to control your life? How did you react to their discipline and/or lectures?

I feel neutral towards them. That said I try to avoid them if possible.

I don't think people in authority are inherently worse or less trustworthy than anyone else, as some people in this thread have stated. To get into that position usually requires showing trustworthiness and integrity.

Then again there are corrupt authority figures. That is someone I would despise. This probably happens mostly in corrupt societies though or in situations where a person can pull strings from within. Its the exception rather than the rule.

That said I already said on here I was travelling once and needed an authority figure to help me with something for me and they tried to coerce me to have sex with them in order to do it. When I didn't, they caused problems for me and to this day I am probably banned from that country just because that person. That wasn't pleasant. That was just one person though, and doesn't mean everybody in the same position is that way.
MotherRussia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Wannabe » Sat May 20, 2017 12:01 pm

By executive I mean police, guards or anyone else with executive power, i.e. right to detain you or tell you what to do outside of a professional setting. Obviously I acknowledge my superiors at work, it's literally what I'm paid to do.
Wannabe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:40 pm

Postby Viking5150 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:45 pm

I hate authority figures every time I see one with the gun I imagine taking the gun from them and using it on them I'm on probation and hate my probation officer I made the mistake of giving her a note telling her how much I hate rules laws and authority figures.
Viking5150
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post