Our partner

What did you like about your childhood?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: What did you like about your childhood?

Postby caspin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:48 pm

It was happy times for us, I remember it all. We are the same you and me Sixoclock0.
Just one more soul. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ◝(◕ ◡ ◕ )◜
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby xlostintranslationx » Sat May 20, 2017 3:16 pm

When I could be alone. exploring, off in lalaland, messing around, making schemes, playing make believe, being in nature, looking round abandoned places etc. When I went round friends house who had a big tv with all the channels or a games console and I could go on it and watch all the music channels.

hmm my hobbies actually haven't changed that much at all...

Later I got a gameboy. Playstation too but I wasn't allowed to play it much and there was only a tiny fuzzy tv which didn't work properly (anyway enough moaning it's off topic).

Or I kinda enjoyed it when I stayed at a friends for dinner and I had a proper meal even though it was awkward having to sit round the table with them as I never knew what to say but they liked me because they could tell I genuinely liked the food I think.

The other day I went into the university building and looked round the science labs, then managed to go up on the roof. It really reminded me of some parts of my childhood as I used to spend a lot of time at the university looking around, playing, trying to find places to get into which where I wasn't allowed or find something good to steal. I was like the ragamuffin mouse that haunted that place or something, like out of some dickensian novel.
xlostintranslationx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:24 am

Postby Midwinter » Sun May 21, 2017 12:03 pm

You know what I like about my childhood?

Not having responsibilities, obligations, not having this abstract mind to think about my impending doom that I eventually will face, that I was free to do whatever the f#ck I wanted. Everything was just a game of "fun", now its a game of survival.

Honestly, I get why Peter Pan never wanted to grow up. It's ######6 sh#t. The only thing I like as an adult is having my own money, so I can buy whatever the f#ck I like.
Midwinter
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:24 am

Postby eterea107 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:38 pm

My extended family was good to me. I didn't see my father often when my parents divorced.

My mom was extremely abusive to my brother and me, it was awful. I'm almost certain my extended family didn't know. She was a bad person.
Last edited by eterea107 on Sun May 21, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
103 =)
eterea107
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:24 am

Postby eterea107 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:49 pm

jerboa wrote:How do you even remember anything from before you were 10? I barely remember stuff from my teenage years.

It must feel nice to be able to talk so enthusiastically and in-depth about your childhood.

Me, too. Years...no memory at all. Even major events like my mother remarrying twice after my mom and dad divorced.

She was abusive until the day she died. I fled that house when I was 18 and got my own place with my own money.

-- 21 May 2017, 10:52 --

Reaper wrote:
jerboa wrote:How do you even remember anything from before you were 10? I barely remember stuff from my teenage years.

You obviously had a dull and uneventful childhood. Some of us (particularly me) had an 'eventful' one to say the least. There are some things that happened in my childhood I don't think I could ever forget. Some memories just stick like glue.

She may have been abused and her mind suppressed the memories. That's what happened to me. I think it was very eventful but not in a good way.
103 =)
eterea107
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:24 am

Postby Courtier » Sun May 21, 2017 6:47 pm

Autobiographical memory is something we talked about on the schizoid forum a couple of weeks ago.

Mine isn't usually great. I was having a good day that day. Without a prompt, I don't remember a lot. I think Dazz triggered some childhood memories with other British stuff from the same generation which opened the floodgates.
Courtier
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:24 am

Postby smoke40s » Mon May 22, 2017 5:14 pm

I find it funny when people mope about their childhood. I like who I am now, why would I be salty about anything from years ago? It formed me into the person I am now and Ive got to say I am lovely

I was an excellent swimmer. I won most competitions, and was never below second place in others. I was best at the backstroke.

I played the Gex series on PS1 religiously and drank a lot of slurpies with my dad who taught me martial arts and how to draw

I had a big Italian family who always had huge parties and celebrations, and the other half is Cuban, so same $#%^, but with more goats and sweet plantains. My uncle would walk around with a pig head on a platter and scare the living $#%^ out of all the kids and we'd eat it's brains.

My family would always get me ###$ up because they thought it was funny to get your kid drunk and stoned

*edit* I forgot to mention that I am most likely a crack baby because my mom is such a junkie :o :lol:
bleep bloop
smoke40s
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 am

Previous

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post