Our partner

What did you like about your childhood?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: What did you like about your childhood?

Postby Dazz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:33 pm

I'm sure someone will read it...not me I'm afraid though, I did skim though.
Dazz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Courtier » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 pm

You guys read other people's posts?
Courtier
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SweetSlumber » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:49 pm

I've read the shorter ones.
I don't like reading walls of text. I get kind of dizzy looking at them. Also I don't like reading about other people's fortune. I prefer their suffering.
"The past is never dead. It is not even past."
Dx: PDNOS
SweetSlumber
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:06 pm

Postby Courtier » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:54 pm

I guess most of the time I'm actually just using this space like a journal/blog rather than a forum. It's good to formalise thoughts. Didn't realise I knew so much about my childhood. Usually when asked I draw blanks.

People ask what I liked as a kid and I have no clue. Today was good.
Courtier
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SweetSlumber » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:59 pm

I think I use this forum more to express my feelings. People I know in real life would not be able to stand it if I told them how often I feel angry or envious. Or they would try to persuade me that it's 'immoral'. On this subforum I don't get criticized as much for it.
SweetSlumber
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:42 am

SweetSlumber wrote:
Courtier wrote:When I was 10/11 I had a girlfriend who went to a different school. I'd be playing football after school and she'd come strolling down with her friends, we'd kiss and make out against the wall for a bit then she'd go away again. I liked her - she was pretty, popular and smelled really good, and had an attitude that I really had a thing for.

One day, close to dinner time, she asked if I want to come up to her house and just hang out for a bit. Reluctant, because it was so far to get there I was certain to be late, I went because she was insistent. On the way, she asked if I'd ever been wanked off before :lol: Subtle. "No..." I liked kissing but hadn't really even thought about sex, beyond listening to posture talk on the playground or when boys a little bit older when around. Her even asking about it made me lose respect for her, like she was dirty minded. I was weirded out. So we got to her house which was empty - for some reason I was worried about her dad being home and it being empty was one of the conditions of me going - and she offered to make me tea and toast, being a pleasant host, and I got really sketched out. Being late for dinner, this weird situation where she wanted to do something I was still mildly grossed out by, and the prospect of her dad coming home from work, I told her I had to go and just left. It was the first time I'd been there and it took us 15 mins to walk it. Hadn't realised before then that she did that every day after school to come and see me. Took it for granted before that.

I smashed somebody's window another time, while this relationship was still going on and, being with a group of other lads, we ran and scattered, but one of the girls from across the street grassed on me so the owner went to my mums door to confront her about it. I was just in earshot hiding in the bushes so that I could say I wasn't around afterwards. She covered for me and lied and told my mum and this guy it was some other guy and she made up these stories about the girl across the road being a slut and flashing me a peak under her skirt and being jealous that I wasn't interested in her. The adults were kind of appalled at her foul mouth but believed the story and left it there :lol:

Afterwards, I remember feeling so much more attracted to her for it. But every interaction I had with her was great. It was easy and she saved my skin when I needed it. Actually appreciated her but never thought about her when she wasn't there until that moment where she got me out of trouble. First time I'd felt fond of anybody beyond the usual kids games of holding hands and using girls as a status symbol to everybody else your age.

Did you find it necessary to write a ######6 essay. Nobody's gonna read it.

I read it.

Courtier wrote:You guys read other people's posts?

Yeah, I do. I find them interesting, unless it's on a subject that doesn't interest me, like philosophy, politics or religion.

SweetSlumber wrote:People I know in real life would not be able to stand it if I told them how often I feel angry or envious. Or they would try to persuade me that it's 'immoral'. On this subforum I don't get criticized as much for it.

That what's immoral? Anger and envy?

I'm not seeing how that's immoral. Maybe envy is. I don't know, but not anger. Then again, wrath is one of the seven deadly sins if you believe in that shlt.

jerboa wrote:I'm pretty sure I wrote a lot about my past already.

It clearly wasn't memorable.

Nothing you say is memorable. You're as invisible here as SweetSlumber.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby jerboa » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:56 am

I don't care about your memory problems, Reaper. Maybe you could visit your GP with them.
jerboa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:06 am

Postby SweetSlumber » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:00 am

I think some people consider anger immoral because according to our lord and savior we should forgive all bad that was done to us. But I think there are things that shouldn't be forgiven.
SweetSlumber
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:45 am

anger is healthy when expressed in the situation, but if it becomes a stable part of the personality where it becomes the sole motive for acting i wouldn't consider that healthy...
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby GuyVinces » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:35 am

It's hard to me to say it, because I don't had a bad or good childhood, there was always something to disturb and help me at the same time. For example: I did not suffer bullying at school but many times I wasn't noticed when I needed help, my parents didn't sexually abuse me but my father beat me, etc. Can it be said that this was a balance of good and bad events? Maybe.

The best thing of my childhood that I easilly can remeber is that I could spend more time alone without having someone to worry about any pathology. When I was little, almost every vacation I went to a town called "Armação dos Búzios," a sort of Brazilian Saint Tropez, and me and my relatives/family-friends stayed in a large house with many rooms. I remember that whenever we went there, I could spend hours somewhere, alone, without the other children disturbing me. It was good.
GuyVinces
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:06 am

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post