Our partner

do you have aids?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: do you have aids?

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:29 pm

Dazz wrote:
crystal_richardson_ wrote:that's what i thought...they are just switched on/off and then passed on as so

i wonder if the genetic code can be altered by experience....what would one call that?

it's not the same as evolution because the genes would change within the individual during their lifetime

Lamarckism.

Lamarckism (or Lamarckian inheritance) is the idea that an organism can pass on characteristics that it has acquired during its lifetime to its offspring (also known as heritability of acquired characteristics or soft inheritance). It is named after the French biologist Jean-Baptiste Lamarck (1744–1829), who incorporated the action of soft inheritance into his evolutionary theories as a supplement to his concept of an inherent progressive tendency driving organisms continuously towards greater complexity, in parallel but separate lineages with no extinction. Lamarck did not originate the idea of soft inheritance, which proposes that individual efforts during the lifetime of the organisms were the main mechanism driving species to adaptation, as they supposedly would acquire adaptive changes and pass them on to offspring.

When Charles Darwin published his theory of evolution by natural selection in On the Origin of Species (1859), he continued to give credence to what he called "use and disuse inheritance," but rejected other aspects of Lamarck's theories. Later, Mendelian genetics supplanted the notion of inheritance of acquired traits, eventually leading to the development of the modern evolutionary synthesis, and the general abandonment of the Lamarckian theory of evolution in biology. Despite this abandonment, interest in Lamarckism has continued.

ya i am thinking that might be possible and there is no reason to abandon interest all together

there is nothing truly far-fetched about altering the genetic code through experience

seems like a fashionable area of potential study too since most people think evolution by natural selection is too slow for our time anyway

then again it might not be possible...it may be considered redundant given human's capacity for technological advancement which the sort of more immediate adaptation this evolution on an individual level would afford...but it could still be beneficial

maybe....natural selection will select individuals now who have this potential to evolve within their lifetime

that's certainty possible

a genetic mutation that allows genes to change

maybe it can even be created in the lab...instead of waiting for natural selection to come up with something

but maybe natural selection has already determined that humans should not do this...and so the thought has not occured to them

na
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Dulcet » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:20 am

TameQueen wrote:I feel its only responsible to be tested every 6 months if you're sexually active. Luckily, I have never had HIV. My ex does though, so that's something.

How did he/she get it?
Dulcet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby MotherRussia » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:48 am

I don't have it. I've been tested.

I think the correlation with ASPD is most likely due to prison sex and sharing needles and such.
MotherRussia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:27 am

Postby GuyVinces » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:00 am

The day I get AIDS I shoot myself in the head. AIDS is a whore, #######1 and druggie disease.
GuyVinces
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:27 am

Postby caspin » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:33 pm

DDK wrote:The day I get AIDS I shoot myself in the head. AIDS is a whore, #######1 and druggie disease.

Why not do as me? :oops:
Just one more soul. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ◝(◕ ◡ ◕ )◜
caspin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:27 pm

Postby TameQueen » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Dulcet wrote:
TameQueen wrote:I feel its only responsible to be tested every 6 months if you're sexually active. Luckily, I have never had HIV. My ex does though, so that's something.

How did he/she get it?

Compulsive sleeping around without a condom on. I was lucky to avoid it. Definitely a low functioning sociopath. Been in and out of jail 4 or 5 times for crimes that were avoidable and had a low risk level of being caught. He somehow managed to get caught every time. He's on a dating site for people with STD's that I was lurking through once. I got curious and Googled worst dating sites out of boredom.
DX: Nihilist
TameQueen
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:27 am

Postby Mr_Mogwai » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:51 pm

Dulcet wrote:how do you know if you do or don't? do you think your aids came from your ASPD?

Does your kid have aids too?

Edit: I don't know If I have aids. Had some unprotected sex with prostitutes,or sometimes the condom ripped accidentaly apart. But if I have it I sure as hell don't wanna know about it.
Order will not protect you anymore, my friend. I will rain chaos, even if it hurts me, ’cause I would rather see you lose than win myself.
Mr_Mogwai
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:27 pm

Postby Dulcet » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Mr_Mogwai wrote:
Dulcet wrote:how do you know if you do or don't? do you think your aids came from your ASPD?

Does your kid have aids too?

Edit: I don't know If I have aids. Had some unprotected sex with prostitutes,or sometimes the condom ripped accidentaly apart. But if I have it I sure as hell don't wanna know about it.

I don't have aids or HIV. But you gave me an idea for a new topic
Dulcet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:37 am

i forget is aids genetic? can you give your kids aids?

epigenetic aids
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum