Our partner

Score Your Neighbor

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Score Your Neighbor

Postby seeminglyplain » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:49 am

Reaper wrote:
seeminglyplain wrote:I'm not hot headed, but people who think you've fukced them over or disrespected them somehow come looking for you, or you just run into them, sh!t goes down, cops turn up, you get arrested, at least once lol.

That's you, not everyone else with AsPD.

I've had to deal with cops in the past. I've even been threatened to be investigated, but I have never been charged with any crime and do not have a criminal record.

You don't have to be charged to be arrested.
seeminglyplain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Reaper » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:52 am

seeminglyplain wrote:
Reaper wrote:
seeminglyplain wrote:I'm not hot headed, but people who think you've fukced them over or disrespected them somehow come looking for you, or you just run into them, sh!t goes down, cops turn up, you get arrested, at least once lol.

That's you, not everyone else with AsPD.

I've had to deal with cops in the past. I've even been threatened to be investigated, but I have never been charged with any crime and do not have a criminal record.

You don't have to be charged to be arrested.

Okay, I'll rephrase that:

I've never been arrested or charged for any crime.

Obviously (going not just by my own experiences, but also the articles I posted links to earlier) not everyone with AsPD gets arrested.
Last edited by Reaper on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:43 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Courtier » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:53 am

crystal_richardson_ wrote:and i am saying aspd is informed by the criminal context...and interpretation the criteria based on a particular lens you are taught and which is not described in the manual...although words like 'maladaptive' allude to it..

seeminglyplain did make the most compelling case for this so far. Will think about it more later maybe because I'm still hung up on the instances where there is familial exploitation and not necessarily criminality. If exploiting others were just in a criminal sense then having them be made two distinct criteria seems clumsy of the DSM.

-- Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:55 am --

Reaper wrote:I've never been arrested.

Never? Jeez Reaper, even I've been arrested and I'm a solid young-edgelord-sociopath-wannabe! :) Don't you have a (theoretical) rap sheet that includes Attempted Murder and stuff? I presume you would have been at least arrested in suspicion of [..]!
Courtier
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby seeminglyplain » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:56 am

Reaper wrote:I've never been arrested.

Probably because you're schizoid.

Reaper wrote:Obviously (going not just by my own experiences, but also the articles I posted links to earlier) not everyone with AsPD gets arrested.

Those articles didn't say never been arrested, they said no significant arrest record.

-- Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:58 am --

Reaper wrote:
Okay, I'll rephrase that:

I've never been arrested or charged for any crime.

You've never been to the principles office, lol.
seeminglyplain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:58 am

you know what would make an even more compelling case? statistics.

seeminglyplain is just giving you more logical reasons. i gave you a few but i don't put stock in them...because i know this can be resolved by looking up those two articles!
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Courtier » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:00 am

Statistics are for losers. I appreciate that I can be convinced out of a position on the merit of an argument alone :)
Courtier
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:06 am

you appreciate argument over facts because it allows you freely consider it and ultimately choose what to think rather than having to deal with reality.

stats would force you to face a reality that you wouldn't be able to as easily dismiss.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Courtier » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:08 am

I think I just like having other people change my view. More concerned with the dialogue than I am the actual answer. Who cares whether AsPD is actually entirely criminal or not? :)
Courtier
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:11 am

let me tell you how much i like unicorns then
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby seeminglyplain » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:13 am

Courtier wrote:who cares whether AsPD is actually entirely criminal or not? :)

The parole board, and the doctors and nurses who always try and send you to the forensic section of the hospital when you go in to get something fixed lol
seeminglyplain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post