Our partner

The Snakes in Suits

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

The Snakes in Suits

Postby Midwinter » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:16 am

Personal questions:
- What is your ideal job? And why?
- Do you work in your ideal job?
- If you do not, how come?

Debatable question:
- What is the ideal job for someone with antisocial personality disorder in terms of own benefit?
Do not think in terms of only primary psychopathy that has advantages as surgeons, business and such, but also the secondary psychopaths with hot-headed rage-like behaviour and direct antisocial outbursts.

My ideal job is to work within something like leadership/consultant, software or finances. I think it would be perfect to wear a suit every day, and earn a lot of money. Something where I don't have to interact and help others all day. Psychologist could also be on the list, simply because of the money you earn from it in Northern Europe. I think it's the freedom of money that I strive for. I do currently work as a rehabilitation instructor for elderly people (f*ck me, but the salary is great). I am average in mathematics and has a tendency to be super lazy and uninterested in all school, so I guess I haven't really thought of going into that field for studying.
Midwinter
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:26 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: The Snakes in Suits

Postby julllia » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:49 am

This is why I can not see how is this possible unless maybe you are from rich family.
How a person with disorder would work hard.
My father had similar characteristics educated and charming ,although he wasn't a snake. He didn't hate people like you hear in this forum,he wasn't a fascist etc he would support human rights. Practically he didn't have empathy, he believed in love that was his words. he just wanted easy money and status without effort.
He couldn't plan realistically the future,that is a symptom of the disorder. He couldn't work hard ,
He didn't pay bills and he didn't care and he did it systematically on purpose,he couldn't save money,he would spent it all in luxury.
And then need another scam

*Only delusionally he could plan ahead.
Last edited by julllia on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
julllia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:26 am

Postby Midwinter » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:57 am

julllia wrote:This is why I can not see how is this possible unless maybe you are from rich family.
How a person with disorder would work hard.
My father had similar characteristics educated and charming ,although he wasn't a snake. He didn't hate people like you hear in this forum,he wasn't a fascist etc he would support human rights. Practically he didn't have empathy, he believed in love that was his words. he just wanted easy money and status without effort.
He couldn't plan realistically the future,that is a symptom of the disorder. He couldn't work hard ,
He didn't pay bills and he didn't care and he did it systematically on purpose,he couldn't save money,he would spent it all in luxury.
And then need another scam

It depends on the upbringing. I don't come from a rich family, I come from a poor and abusive one. But I got forced into multiple treatment, which taught me how to act within the frames of society, but I was never fixed in terms of the damage caused by an abusive childhood. I was like 12 when I first got into forced therapy. So you can say it offered a toolbox to become prosocial despite my interpersonal antisocial me. It also gave me understanding of the weaknesses of different psychological disorders. Instead of curing, they bred.
Midwinter
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Courtier » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:51 am

What is your ideal job? And why?
That which affords opulence, comfort, power, prestige, titillation, and the opportunity to acquire those things quickly and with minimal effort. High risk / high reward is acceptable.
Assuming enough motivation to carry me through, I'll end up in finance or management consulting probably. Private Equity or hedge fund management would be perfect, offering a bit of fun in investing, playing to my advantage with client-based interaction/service and a general background in financial analysis and business that I'd find interesting.

Else, poker, software engineering, uber, general hustling - things that allow me to drift and pick-up/drop work in an instant and 'take' my work with me. Project/case-based. This is probably more likely to happen. :) I'm not needing of great wealth. Live quite comfortably now on a low income that allows me to sit around and do nothing all day.

Was going to study for medicine before the anxious, neurotic, over-achievers in the candidate pool put me off. Cost/time benefit doesn't make much sense anyway but I guess preteeej still has it's draw. (Forensic) psychiatry and surgery, obviously - (internal) medicine too.

Currently, in terms of 'purer' interests, AI and bioinformatics are fields I'm considering but... eh. To system-based, not enough interaction. Been playing with penetration testing (Hey baby I'm a penetration tester) and finding a knack for it but again I find playing with systems isn't so appealing.

Campaign managers and lobbyists seem to have fun jobs. Those work too. \

Do you work in your ideal job? If you do not, how come?
No. Because I'm lazy.
Courtier
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:26 am

Postby Wannabe » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:30 am

Courtier wrote:What is your ideal job? And why?
That which affords opulence, comfort, power, prestige, titillation, and the opportunity to acquire those things quickly and with minimal effort. High risk / high reward is acceptable.
Assuming enough motivation to carry me through, I'll end up in finance or management consulting probably. Private Equity or hedge fund management would be perfect, offering a bit of fun in investing, playing to my advantage with client-based interaction/service and a general background in financial analysis and business that I'd find interesting.

Else, poker, software engineering, uber, general hustling - things that allow me to drift and pick-up/drop work in an instant and 'take' my work with me. Project/case-based. This is probably more likely to happen. :) I'm not needing of great wealth. Live quite comfortably now on a low income that allows me to sit around and do nothing all day.

Was going to study for medicine before the anxious, neurotic, over-achievers in the candidate pool put me off. Cost/time benefit doesn't make much sense anyway but I guess preteeej still has it's draw. (Forensic) psychiatry and surgery, obviously - (internal) medicine too.

Currently, in terms of 'purer' interests, AI and bioinformatics are fields I'm considering but... eh. To system-based, not enough interaction. Been playing with penetration testing (Hey baby I'm a penetration tester) and finding a knack for it but again I find playing with systems isn't so appealing.

Campaign managers and lobbyists seem to have fun jobs. Those work too. \

Do you work in your ideal job? If you do not, how come?
No. Because I'm lazy.

Private equity is the dream, but it's not for lazy people. I know people that went from financial white collar to law because they'd get more time to sleep. IN LAW.

I think entreprenourship is the only option for motivationally challenged people. But for that you need to have some capital saved up.
Wannabe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Courtier » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:36 am

Yeah. In a megafund and in the middle market, that's true. You've got to play it right. Post-mba associates at Blackstone will work 50-60 hours which isn't so bad. Moves down again at partner. 80-120 in IB and BigLaw.. Ouch.

Probably quant trading or management consulting pre-mba then into PE is the ideal. But you're right-- I always realistically fall out before that because of motivational issues.

Re: Entrepreneurship, more or less. Software makes it easier with low-cost-high-scalability but it's an over-saturated market and I don't have the ingenuity for it. Gotta latch on to an aspie's idea while at uni probably if I'm going to make that one work :lol:
Courtier
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:26 am

Postby Reaper » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:40 am

Midwinter wrote:Personal questions:

Working for myself as a professional hitman with trusted contacts who send clientele my way. I decide the price and the hit (how they're murdered).

No limits. I'm willing to kill men, women and children for the right price.

No, but I have been offered money to kill people in the past.

Lack of trust.

Debatable question:
- What is the ideal job for someone with antisocial personality disorder in terms of own benefit?

Any high risk job involving violence - hitman, mercenary, debt collector
Last edited by Reaper on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Wannabe » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:41 am

Reaper wrote:
Reaper wrote:
Midwinter wrote:Personal questions:

Working for myself as a professional hitman with trusted contacts who send clientele my way. I decide the price and the hit.

No, but I have offered money to kill people in the past.

Lack of trust.

Debatable question:

Any high risk job involving violence - hitman, mercenary, debt collector

why don't you start mugging drunk people on weekends?
Wannabe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:43 am

Wannabe wrote:why don't you start mugging drunk people on weekends?

That doesn't interest me.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Wannabe » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:45 am

Reaper wrote:
Wannabe wrote:why don't you start mugging drunk people on weekends?

Not as fun.

What's the distinction that doesn't make it as fun as the other jobs you mentioned?
Wannabe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum