Our partner

Domestic Violence

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Domestic Violence

Postby Siegfried » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:48 pm

Do you have any history, whether you were the victim or perpetrator, of physical violence in a relationship?
Wotan id est furor.
Siegfried
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Domestic Violence

Postby MotherRussia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:54 pm

Blivandefar wrote:Do you have any history, whether you were the victim or perpetrator, of physical violence in a relationship?

Both.
MotherRussia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:55 am

Postby Siegfried » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:55 pm

What did you do as the perpetrator? Was it severe?
Wotan id est furor.
Siegfried
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MotherRussia » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:01 am

Punched someone's arm, threw things, smacked them, wrestled them to the ground, tried to punch their face, pushed them around, drove fast to scare them, etc.
MotherRussia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MasoCat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:06 am

I have history as victim, though not as perpetrator to the best of my knowledge.

My father was the stereotypical abusive alcoholic. He verbally abused me though never physically; albeit I did witness him on three occasions beating my mother. I have not seen him in around ten years.

I was in a relationship with another person for five years. At first the relationship was fairly "healthy" (there was a two year age gap which didn't bother either of us), but during the latter two years of the relationship it devolved into mental and sexual abuse and he repeatedly raped me until I eventually broke up with him due to anger and left. Though after the relationship ended, he insisted to our mutual friends I was the one abusing him. Though I do not believe I was doing anything untoward to him.
PM me for DX information if for some reason you need it.
24 / bisexual / trans man / UK
MasoCat
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:55 pm

Postby Siegfried » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:13 am

I have a reason for asking.

Got into a bit of a scrap with the Missus. She punched me. Straight in the nose. I pushed her with my forearm against a wall, and told her to never fuking do that again, all while pressing my bone against her throat, preventing her from breathing. I wasn't thinking of my superior strength.

When I let go, she dropped to the ground and started crying. I apologized.

Not the worst thing I've done, but certainly the worst I've felt after the fact.
Wotan id est furor.
Siegfried
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MotherRussia » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:16 am

Blivandefar wrote:I have a reason for asking.

Got into a bit of a scrap with the Missus. She punched me. Straight in the nose. I pushed her with my forearm against a wall, and told her to never fuking do that again, all while pressing my bone against her throat, preventing her from breathing. I wasn't thinking of my superior strength.

When I let go, she dropped to the ground and started crying. I apologized.

Not the worst thing I've done, but certainly the worst I've felt after the fact.

She shouldn't have punched you. The rule usually is if you hit, expect to get hit back. The cops won't arrest the person who hit back, at least where I live...even if they are the man and obviously stronger.

Hopefully she learned her lesson and won't hit you again.

MasoCat wrote:I have history as victim, though not as perpetrator to the best of my knowledge.

My father was the stereotypical abusive alcoholic. He verbally abused me though never physically; albeit I did witness him on three occasions beating my mother. I have not seen him in around ten years.

I was in a relationship with another person for five years. At first the relationship was fairly "healthy" (there was a two year age gap which didn't bother either of us), but during the latter two years of the relationship it devolved into mental and sexual abuse and he repeatedly raped me until I eventually broke up with him due to anger and left. Though after the relationship ended, he insisted to our mutual friends I was the one abusing him. Though I do not believe I was doing anything untoward to him.

He sounds like a dick.
MotherRussia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby jerboa » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:20 am

That's part of why I'm scared of relationships. They become nasty before you know it.
jerboa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Deadpxxl010 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:21 am

I've been a perpetrator, but only once while drunk. I had a girlfriend who I threw around the room into several pieces of furniture, held against the wall by the throat, and supposedly raped. I say supposedly because while the entire night is very hazy and borderline blackout, I vaguely remember throwing and holding her against the wall, but have no memory of forcing myself upon her. Also, she only told me that part of the story several weeks later, when we were fighting and I was threatening to leave her.
Deadpxxl010
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:55 am

Postby Siegfried » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:23 am

MotherRussia wrote:She shouldn't have punched you. The rule usually is if you hit, expect to get hit back. The cops won't arrest the person who hit back, at least where I live...even if they are the man and obviously stronger.

Hopefully she learned her lesson and won't hit you again.

You don't think I have some responsibility as the one with the most physical strength? The punch felt like a fly. It was a bitch hit. I was just asserting my dominance after the fact and went a bit far.
Wotan id est furor.
Siegfried
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post