Our partner

Cluster B's are people oriented?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Cluster B's are people oriented?

Postby GuyVinces » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:55 pm

Reaper wrote:
DDK wrote:
Reaper wrote:I have both AsPD and Schizoid PD

When you think you had the transition from SPD to ASPD?

There was no transition from one to the other. I was diagnosed with both by the same psychologist.

How? Basically, a disorder cancels the other.
GuyVinces
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:36 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Reaper » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:02 pm

DDK wrote:
There was no transition from one to the other. I was diagnosed with both by the same psychologist.

How? Basically, a disorder cancels the other.

What do you mean a disorder cancels the other?

You can get diagnosed with more than one personality disorder.

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/healthadvice/problemsdisorders/personalitydisorder.aspx

A person can have the characteristics of more than one personality disorder.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1525106/

Patients often meet diagnostic criteria for more than one personality disorder (20,21). Some patients may even meet criteria for five or more personality disorders (22,23).
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:36 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DefinitelyNotTommi » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:21 pm

that doesn't make any sense. these men probably weren't really alpha to begin with, but just have a public image of alpha - very common these days

You'll have to be more specific - and that sounds a lot like the baseless assumption that gay is the same kind of trend, yeah? :roll:
Your greatest enemy will hide in the last place you would ever look.
DefinitelyNotTommi
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:28 pm

DefinitelyNotTommi wrote:
that doesn't make any sense. these men probably weren't really alpha to begin with, but just have a public image of alpha - very common these days

You'll have to be more specific - and that sounds a lot like the baseless assumption that gay is the same kind of trend, yeah? :roll:

What they're saying is (and I wonder this myself) how they could be Alpha and yet, allow a weaker male to dominate them.

They can't have been as Alpha as you thought to begin with, unless your idea of domination doesn't match mine and whoever's comment you responded to above.

This has nothing do with you or them being gay by the way. I don't doubt that there are Alpha males in the gay community.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:50 pm

some people hold 'alpha' roles in society (judge, military officer) but behind closed doors may be tame or very controllable.

even outside of such roles, some people just act alpha (confident, dominant, controlling, tough, etc.) but are not really so. they just act that way because it's more effective in getting what they want or need in competitive world.

how exactly are the guys you date alpha?

a truly alpha male is not susceptible to emotional manipulation. in fact, this is the one type of manipulation that definitely won't work on them.

the only way to beat a truly alpha male is to out muscle, gun, or smart them. to use raw power. the notion of women emotionally manipulating big strong alpha males impervious to all others is a myth. either the guys you date are not as alpha as you (would like) to think, or you are deluding yourself into thinking you are controlling them or gaining more than they are.

note, any interaction that involves equal exchange is not manipulation. successful manipulation means you gained more than someone else, or gained at their cost.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:36 am

Postby Reaper » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:19 pm

crystal_richardson_ wrote:the only way to beat a truly alpha male is to out muscle, gun, or smart them. to use raw power. the notion of women emotionally manipulating big strong alpha males impervious to all others is a myth.

This isn't about what you think a woman can or cannot do, and personally, I'm sick of hearing your thoughts on women. So, let's stick to the discussion at hand shall we.

This is about Tommi's claim of being able to dominate Alpha males.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Courtier » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:24 pm

We had this discussion before, crystal - you, me and JustVenting. Between you both, you convinced me of the lie that is the seduction of Julius Caesar by Cleopatra. You may be right that the archetypical Alpha Male is not susceptible to emotional manipulations. But I don't know why. Explain it to me.
Courtier
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:26 pm

Courtier wrote:We had this discussion before, crystal - you, me and JustVenting. Between you both, you convinced me of the lie that is the seduction of Julius Caesar by Cleopatra. You may be right that the archetypical Alpha Male is not susceptible to emotional manipulations. But I don't know why. Explain it to me.

Why don't you start a new thread if you really want to have a discussion with her about this.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Courtier » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:30 pm

A tangent on a thread is one thing but creating another thread for something irrelevant to the forum as a whole is another step in the wrong direction. It could be answered in Off-Topic or PM, I suppose. I'll leave that up to crystal, if she's interested.
Courtier
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DefinitelyNotTommi » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:37 pm

Oh rightio, I getcha now 8)
You're right, I was wrong in my use of the word alpha perhaps - "more alpha" was meant as a comparison rather than to say the men I date are completely infallible.
They're physically superior, assertive, arrogant & masculine whereas I go out of my way to come across as none of those things, but if they were true alpha males with no chinks in the armour then I wouldn't be remotely interested in them. If there's no way I can take control of somebody I'm not even going to try.

-- Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:38 am --

O/T, I keep losing my replies when people reply before me and I assume it's just been posted.
#derp :roll:
Your greatest enemy will hide in the last place you would ever look.
DefinitelyNotTommi
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post