Our partner

Controlling impulsive violent behavior/anger management

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Controlling impulsive violent behavior/anger management

Postby jerboa » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:40 pm

Hello,

I'm sure there have been lots of similar threads, but anyway. What are your tips on how to stop yourself from acting on your rage and being violent towards somebody?

There's this person that I cannot currently get away from completely, and I hate him so ######6 much I'd run a knife on his face until it was unrecognisable, which is rather problematic. It's not very likely that I would actually do it, but I'm scared that on some occassion a combination of a #######5 day and a bad move on his side will make me snap. I'm a very emotional and impulsive person.

Is there anything not involving drugs or alcohol you would recommend? Right now I'm trying to cope by distracting myself, but it only works as long as I am distracted.

I thought about putting a similar thread in the BPD sections because I feel this is really where it belongs, but I feel that people over there are less likely to accept violent urges, and I don't want to see another "you monster!" rant directed at me.
jerboa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:03 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Controlling impulsive violent behavior/anger management

Postby DefinitelyNotTommi » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:21 pm

I was taught a while ago to instead get carried away with destructive emotions simply take control of the situation that's causing them. It really did help to lesson the frequency of my outbursts. Take care of the problem at any cost before you end up turning it into a shitstorm. :wink:
Find a way to remove this bloke or find a way to remove your feelings towards him.
Your greatest enemy will hide in the last place you would ever look.
DefinitelyNotTommi
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:03 pm

Postby julllia » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:25 pm

jerboa wrote:
cause I feel this is really where it belongs, but I feel that people over there are less likely to accept violent urges, and I don't want to see another "you monster!" rant directed at me.

slightly irrelevant but excuse me it is only triggering when is to someone innocent or animal or weaker. if someone deserves it or is not weaker i want to do it too. lol. i accept violent urges.lol
animals are love, but people suck.
i am not helping sorry. keep thinking of the bad consequences to you maybe.
julllia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:03 am

Postby Dulcet » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:20 am

You're going to think I'm being bitchy but I'm serious. Drop the social justice lingo. CIS. Triggered. Why do you use those words? When did you buy into that? It is designed to make people feel infuriated easily. It's not a good match ideaology for someone with a pd
Dulcet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:03 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby julllia » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:16 am

??? i am not sure who are you talking to and what you are saying? to me?
triggered = having an big emotional reaction over something small( shortened).why is it social justice lingo. am i missing something. and i am going to talk however the ###$ i want.
(like i know this is a psycho forum and i love people being honest so i shouldn't be angry but that doesn't stop me hating you when you hurt animals etc or blame shift all the time, are in denial and have no concsience. i really want to hate you and have a online fight = triggered)
but if someone deserves it i really want to hurt him too
julllia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:03 am

Postby Reaper » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:47 am

jerboa wrote:There's this person that I cannot currently get away from completely, and I hate him so ######6 much

What is the situation? What did he do to cause you so much hate?
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Dulcet » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:19 am

Exactly, triggered, CIS whatever is social justice warrior crap. That mentality ruins lives. You want to be less "triggered" stop using that term like it's acceptable to be triggered in the first place.
Dulcet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:23 am

MrsBrightside wrote:Exactly, triggered, CIS whatever is social justice warrior crap. That mentality ruins lives. You want to be less "triggered" stop using that term like it's acceptable to be triggered in the first place.

Sounds like you got triggered, MrsBullshlt.
Last edited by Reaper on Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Dulcet » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:26 am

Reaper wrote:
MrsBrightside wrote:Exactly, triggered, CIS whatever is social justice warrior crap. That mentality ruins lives. You want to be less "triggered" stop using that term like it's acceptable to be triggered in the first place.

Sounds like you got triggered, MrsBullshlt.

LOL cute reaper

Dulcet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:31 am

MrsBrightside wrote:That mentality ruins lives.

I didn't realize you were so concerned and caring about other people's lives. Well, aside from when their asking you for money at gas stations...
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post