Our partner

ASPD and art

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: ASPD and art

Postby CandiedArsenic » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:15 am

I like some art. I'm not like gonna go out of my way to look at paintings or pictures, I like designing clothing and sewing. I'm not really good at it lol and usually don't finish anything but i do enjoy it. I like seeing things other people make, even miniature lol. I also like interior decorating. I'm really good at it, but I only like designing for my own taste so I never thought to try it professionally (though I did convince my boss I'd be more effective if my office was pretty). I like music a lot, bbut I have 0 musical talent. I like dancing, and am decent at a few styles but I'm not passionate about it. Just more cultural stuff lol. I like pretty things, so I don't like all this weird modern art, paintings of ugly things or people. I went in a gallery once full of paintings of olives and martinis........ Who the ###$ needs that? I like paintings and photography only for beauty.
CandiedArsenic
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Dulcet » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:49 am

Ok. Let's tip you.
Dulcet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:58 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Courtier » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:28 pm

crystal_richardson_ wrote:i don't know, what motivates people to be artistic?

Art is supposed to encapsulate part of the human condition, I think. Something can be have an aesthetic appeal without being artistic. Most of the 'art' I see is mechanical, bastardised and soulless and though it may be pretty it is shallow and unworthy of what is a high title - I'm often reluctant to cal it beautiful. With art and all cultural activities - mythology, philosophy, music, literature - we hope to demonstrate through symbolism what has meaning to us and express it sincerely. It's especially appealing to me, having a love for symbolism of all sorts (hence my fondness of Hallanvara's communication style :) ). If I'd done university again, I'd have chosen to study in the arts/humanities through mythology, literature, philosophy, art history and linguistics, so to understand how we can capture the essence of what we think it means to be human and what the stories we tell and the music we appreciate and the words we adore means about how we feel and think about the human condition.

Probably I am drawn to beauty in some romantic sense, wanting things to be expressed in some perfect, isolated, abstract form, in a way that allows me to connect with it unmuddied. Music has always been the way I've tried to express parts of myself that I might otherwise struggle to access. This was discussed briefly in the schizoid forum recently. Artistic expression has a way of intensifying feeling which is pretty cool. I like feeling as though I might be connecting with something the artist is feeling, seeing before me private and complicated thoughts they might have, or even simple, primitive ones that tear through the paper, sometimes able to identify with that feeling or sentiment and it aiding my feeling of it at the time. Though trite, the human condition is surely the most interesting area we have at our disposal to study and the pure, cultured (in the strict sense; pruned) representations of it are certainly worthy of my time. Albeit, I tend to spend far too little looking through art. I envy the time Dazz has enjoyed exploring photos and paintings, for instance - a space I'd like to spend more time dedicated to.
Courtier
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:06 pm

that pretty much sums it up.

well said!
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby poxalis » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:09 pm

Saigal wrote:Would a person with ASPD be interested in art or have artisitic talent?

i have both interest and talent, but don't act upon it. not high functioning enough, or maybe not low functioning enough considering the state of many famous artists...
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:58 am

Previous

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post