Our partner

Posting Style of Different PDs

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Posting Style of Different PDs

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:00 am

i am wondering if you think different PDs have different posting styles, and what might be Aspd's posting style.

this isn't meant to encourage generalizations but i am wondering if you've noticed any trends.

personally, i find BPD take back what they say a lot, or do ninja edits, because their initial post was impulsive and not what they wanted to say or something...

any others?
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Posting Style of Different PDs

Postby streaM Freak » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:57 am

I've noticed that most Sociopaths and Psychopaths enjoy writing about their past crimes and murderous fantasies.
streaM Freak
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby inossak2 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:36 pm

Posts like these make me doubt your whole "superior doctrine" Crystal. I mean.. wtf people are different get out more.
inossak2
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Nasty_Boy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:38 pm

ASPD would tend to go on a posting spree, get bored and disappear, and then spree again (due to boredom)
We secretly look for salvation, but when we realize there is no salvation, there, is our salvation
Life is a mystery to be experienced, not a riddle to be solved
Nasty_Boy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:00 am

Postby Dulcet » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:54 am

There's some psychologist if you search I posted before, who scans the internet and dating profiles and has found certain distinctions in how ASPD posts. He says he can detect it online now (It's under my old name if you go look).

He said ASPD posts more in past tense. Some other stuff.
Dulcet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Inquisitor » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:02 am

All the Cluster Bs have distinct communication styles, which is true IRL as well. And within each PD there seems to be various subgroups. Like, for example, with BPD, there are a few different types of BPD communication style. A BPD woman with NPD traits (what's called a Queen Borderline --- I guess sort of like a Queen Bee, or perhaps the Queen Alien in the movie Aliens) has a communication style that is almost like she is projecting an image of herself as she speaks/writes/whatever. Other types of BPDs don't have the same communication style though. Your garden variety BPD has more of a frenetic energy to her communication style.

Cerebral NPD communicates differently than Somatic NPD (hypothetical categories anyway) but both have a tendency to be verbose and to introduce wit into the conversation on a regular basis (both to keep the charm on and to avoid true intimacy or a genuine connection).

ASPD from what I've seen communicates more like a, "normal" person, which makes sense because they don't want to be detected. I think there are probably some tells, like the past tense thing mentioned upthread. Also, dark chocolate.

Per the suggestion upthread, yeah, anyone with NPD and/or ASPD is going to get bored with posting and abandon the forum, and then come back and post, and abandon the forum again, and so forth.
Inquisitor
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:00 pm

Postby pleasnpetrichor » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:21 am

crystal_richardson_ wrote:i am wondering if you think different PDs have different posting styles, and what might be Aspd's posting style.

From what little I've seen, Aspds strike me as down to earth and no nonsense.
pleasnpetrichor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:00 pm

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:30 pm

Nasty_Boy wrote:ASPD would tend to go on a posting spree, get bored and disappear, and then spree again (due to boredom)

is that a pattern?

you weren't always like that..

what up with that?
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Nasty_Boy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:41 am

crystal_richardson_ wrote:
Nasty_Boy wrote:ASPD would tend to go on a posting spree, get bored and disappear, and then spree again (due to boredom)

is that a pattern?

you weren't always like that..

what up with that?

You're right, I just made that up.

I wasn't in a situation where I had access to a computer regularly or time to post on a forum, which is why I wasn't posting. Now I don't really have anything new to say so I don't think I'll be posting a lot unless someone comes up with something interesting/new.
We secretly look for salvation, but when we realize there is no salvation, there, is our salvation
Life is a mystery to be experienced, not a riddle to be solved
Nasty_Boy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:00 am

Postby Audacisist » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Well I know that my posting style is very immediate and usually unedited and I don't do multiple drafts. I only reread it once after I write it to correct only the obvious spelling or grammar mistakes but mostly it's just what I think at the moment I write it without planning it ahead of time or taking time to consider and think about what to write.
Audacisist
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:00 pm

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post