Our partner

Obsession: Dark Desires

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Obsession: Dark Desires

Postby Reaper » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:45 am

There's a show I've been watching on Netflix lately called Obsession: Dark Desires. It's quite interesting.

It got to me wondering whether or not anyone here can relate to some of the stories on there.

If you haven't seen the show, then I don't expect you to be able to answer the following question, but if you have:

- Can you relate to any of the stories you've seen on the show, as either a victim or perpetrator? If yes, which one?

Questions for everyone:

- Have you ever been obsessed with someone to the point of stalking/harrassing them or just stalked /harassed someone in general? If yes, why and what happened?

- Has anyone ever been obsessed with you and/or stalked/harassed you for some reason? If yes, Why were they obsessed with you and/or what was their reason for stalking/harassing you? How did you deal with it?

- What do you think causes certain people to become obsessed with someone?

I can admit that I've stalked people for information on them, but I don't sit outside their home and watch their every move. That to me is kinda crazy, unless you're just trying to establish their routine or get specific information on their activity for a period of time, but I see that as more observing than stalking. Stalking is related more to obsession.

The closest I've ever come to being obsessed is when I'm fantasizing about killing someone. It's kind of like tunnel vision. I'll be so focused on wanting to kill them that it's all I can think about.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:14 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Obsession: Dark Desires

Postby Dulcet » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:15 am

nm
Dulcet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Reaper » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:40 am

MrsBrightside wrote:*mod edit*

Considering you were chasing him for so long, I assume you said yes.

I don't imagine that marriage lasted very long. It didn't have a healthy approach to begin with.

Rejection leads to obsession, doesn't even have to be directly your rejection, just a pattern of rejection, directly your rejection, or someone like you rejected them.

I can see how rejection would be one reason someone might obsess over and stalk someone, but it can't be the only reason.

I think another reason is just strong desire - sexual desire and/or a desire to hurt/kill someone for amusement/pleasure/power/control etc.
Last edited by Ada on Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote deleted as user removed own post within time limit
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Exempt » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:47 am

Reaper wrote:Obsession: Dark Desires. It's quite interesting.

Reaper wrote:Slaughterhouse - Psychopath Killer (Lyric video) ft EMINEM & YELAWOLF

Seriously Reaps, how can you possibly be so one-dimensional? I know this is a subforum for ASPD but seriously you only ever post dark emo $#%^ like this, never anything original, outside of your edgelord box - nothing with any actual culture or taste that shows who you are.
Last edited by Exempt on Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
May you find what you are looking for.
Exempt
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:14 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Reaper » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:00 am

Exempt wrote:Seriously Reaps, how can you possibly be so one-dimensional? I know this is a subforum for ASPD but seriously you only ever post dark emo $#%^ like this, never anything original, outside of your edgelord box - nothing with any actual culture or taste that shows who you are.

Why do you insist on making everything about me.

I only post things that relate to this forum because that's what this forum is intended for.

You don't need to know anymore about me than I'm willing to share here. if that makes me seem one-dimensional, then so be it. I don't give a fuk.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Exempt » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:04 am

Reaper wrote:
Why do you insist on making everything about me.

I only post things that relate to this forum because that's what this forum is intended for.

You don't need to know anymore about me than I'm willing to share here.

No need to get defensive lol, I'm just making an observation - but really please try and have a little more class with the things you share. It's just kinda gross seeing the same banal 'evil dark lord of ultimate darkness' sh!t over and over again - add some flavour! We'd respect you a little more. :mrgreen:
Exempt
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:08 am

Exempt wrote:I'm just making an observation - but really please try and have a little more class with the things you share.

I intend to continue posting any way I damn well like and you'll accept it ...or continue bitching, because that's really helping you, isn't it.

How about actually responding to the thread topic now.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Exempt » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:14 am

Reaper wrote:
I intend to continue posting any way I damn well like

You sound a little irritated there - you really don't need to be, this is just an online forum - there's nothing at risk :mrgreen:

It might seem to you like I'm making fun of you but as plebeian as you are, I actually want to help - All I'm saying is if you did show a little more intelligence and sophistication with the things you post, we all would respect you a little more and treat you with a little more dignity. Honestly - I'm not making that up.

Just some food for thought is all, no offence intended :mrgreen:
Exempt
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:32 am

Exempt wrote:All I'm saying is if you did show a little more intelligence and sophistication with the things you post

I suggest you practice what you preach.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Dulcet » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:39 am

Reaper wrote:
MrsBrightside wrote:*mod edit*

Considering you were chasing him for so long, I assume you said yes.

I don't imagine that marriage lasted very long. It didn't have a healthy approach to begin with.

Rejection leads to obsession, doesn't even have to be directly your rejection, just a pattern of rejection, directly your rejection, or someone like you rejected them.

I can see how rejection would be one reason someone might obsess over and stalk someone, but it can't be the only reason.

I think another reason is just strong desire - sexual desire and/or a desire to hurt/kill someone for amusement/pleasure/power/control etc.

Hmmm.. other reasons. Fascination, envy, I guess wanting to kill them, but even then, there's a reason why you picked them. It's kinda lazy to just stalk and kill someone bc they're the closest person to your house, but I'm sure it happens

Reaper wrote:
Exempt wrote:All I'm saying is if you did show a little more intelligence and sophistication with the things you post

I suggest you practice what you preach.

Exempt.. reaper doesn't change. I got really high one night and got on here and was convinced 3 of the people here are actually bots. I mean there is a real person that reaper is, but it doesn't mean this hasn't been a bot the entire time. I'm still not fully convinced two of them aren't.

You cant teach them to be nazis though

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2 ... robot-wit/
Dulcet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views