Our partner

did we do this already? empathy test

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: did we do this already? empathy test

Postby Dulcet » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:45 pm

DefinitelyNotTommi wrote:Your empathy score is 44 out of 110, indicating a low level of empathy in general.

That's almost half way! :D

What's up with the user name?

A normal person messaged me, I guess not wanting to participate in the tard olympics, they got a 98/110. To scale ourselves. Can someone go try to score a 1-10 or is the 30s the lowest you can get?
Dulcet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Inquisitor » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:56 pm

Womp womp...

Your empathy score is 52 out of 110, indicating a moderate level of empathy in general.

Our empathy quiz measures two particular dimensions of empathy. Your score suggests that you don’t have a strong ability to sense other people's emotions—the dimension of empathy known as “affective empathy.” This means that you may be relatively unaffected by other people's emotional states, and you may not usually feel moved to intervene when people show signs of distress.

Your score also suggests that you have a moderate ability to put yourself in others' shoes and imagine what they might be thinking or feeling—the dimension of empathy known as “cognitive empathy.” Your ability to take other people's perspectives may sometimes help you communicate and negotiate more effectively in your personal and professional relationships, and it may also make you less likely to rely on stereotypes when trying to understand others' behavior.
Inquisitor
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby streaM Freak » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:57 am

The lowest you can get is 22. Each question is worth 1-5 points.

And all you dirty rodents failed.

Except for me.
streaM Freak
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby AScaredGirl » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:10 pm

Your empathy score is 52 out of 110, indicating a moderate level of empathy in general.

Well. Damn.
AScaredGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am

Postby Ada » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:49 pm

Your empathy score is 69 out of 110, indicating a moderate level of empathy in general.

Our empathy quiz measures two particular dimensions of empathy. Your score suggests that you have a moderate ability to sense other people's emotions—the dimension of empathy known as “affective empathy.” Your score also suggests that you have a moderate ability to put yourself in others' shoes and imagine what they might be thinking or feeling—the dimension of empathy known as “cognitive empathy.”

Seems about right.
We think too much and feel too little.
 More than machinery, we need humanity.
 More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.

Charlie Chaplain in The Great Dictator
Ada
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (35)

Postby Hallanvaara » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:52 am

Dx: Bipolar II

"Not everyday is a good day - live anyway
Not all you love will love you back - love anyway
Not everyone will tell you the truth - be honest anyway
Not all deals are fair - play fair anyway"
Hallanvaara
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm

Postby Will Incandenza » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:31 pm

MrsBrightside wrote:A normal person messaged me, I guess not wanting to participate in the tard olympics, they got a 98/110. To scale ourselves. Can someone go try to score a 1-10 or is the 30s the lowest you can get?

I wouldn't say my result is a benchmark for normal; I'm BPD w/ strong narcissism and a drug addiction.

It seemed weird posting the result in the ASPD forum, and you'd posted threads in the BPD/NPD forums in the days previous, so figured you'd be interested.

Hallanvaara has BPD too (I'm pretty sure), so from our sample it looks like BPD might be a heightening factor for some people. If a borderline develops emotional empathy from a young age, it makes sense their empathy levels would show extremes at both ends of the spectrum, maybe even alternately (as is the case for me).

The correlations seem to be: ASPD entirely lacking; NPD mostly lacking; BPD sometimes lacking.
Will Incandenza
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:55 am

Postby Dazz » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:29 pm

MrsBrightside wrote:Can someone go try to score a 1-10 or is the 30s the lowest you can get?

Unless gender, race, politics or income affects scores, you can't get lower than 26.
Dazz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Courtier » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:15 am

Dazz wrote:
MrsBrightside wrote:Can someone go try to score a 1-10 or is the 30s the lowest you can get?

Unless gender, race, politics or income affects scores, you can't get lower than 26.

:)
Courtier
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Inquisitor » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:47 am

Hallanvaara wrote:89.

Show off.
Inquisitor
Consumer 5