Our partner

Problem - Boredom

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Problem - Boredom

Postby Reaper » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:35 pm

Powerkip wrote:
Melito wrote:Yes, but I'm still not sure how any of your rebuttal goes against anything I've said

Well you claimed it's a choice to be bored, it really is not.. I'd love to have a mind that is easily distracted and enjoys simple things but I just can't..

That's exactly my point.

I don't think Melito understands that you can do a lot of things to try to remove boredom, but when you're someone who can't experience or maintain stimulation for long, those things just don't work.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:50 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby UserPerplexed » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:33 am

Alright, I'm glad you guys reached a conclusion. I am asking for experiences, solutions. People in this thread have mentioned they're in the same shoes, yet nobody mentioned an answer thus far.

I for my part tried to set out a specific goal, and use ambition to supplement my eventual lack of interest. Problem is, that only gets you so far.

Your ego's chance to shine, illuminate me. :twisted:
UserPerplexed
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:50 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:11 am

did you even read your own thread?

crystal_richardson_ wrote:you sound like someone who has a high need for novelty. don't set yourself up in professions that are longterm. find ones that offer big rewards quickly with high risk, etc, and constantly changing scenarios.

and the relevant relationships will follow a similar pattern. you might even find you are interested in them once you find the right circle of people.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:50 pm

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:13 pm

UserPerplexed wrote:Your ego's chance to shine, illuminate me. :twisted:

you just didn't like any of the solutions.

in fact, you probably just wanted to vent.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby eterea107 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:40 pm

I think you need to think of a job as a means to make money, not relieve your boredom.

Some people are passionate about their jobs. Some people are bored at home and get a job to relieve boredom. You do not fit into this category.

Find a job that financially supports you and is tolerable. Find interests to combat boredom when you are not working.

Lastly, accept the fact that we get bored at times. It is a fact of life. Accepting that fact will lessen your frustration.
103 =)
eterea107
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:50 pm

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:46 pm

moreso a fact of our world...modernity that is :)

not all kinds of boredom can be solved through work. this is convenient but not always possible.

the other option is to free yourself of the need to work and pursue other avenues of boredom relief full-time.

the extra time dedicated will afford you more options.

the answer to boredom is not always to make yourself more busy, but to make yourself less busy in order to pursue or find what truly stimulates you and with which work interfered before and prevented you from finding.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post