Our partner

Adrenaline

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Adrenaline

Postby Powerkip » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:03 pm

Do you experience adrenaline rushes when doing risky activities? Do you desire the thrill certain activities make you feel?
Powerkip
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Adrenaline

Postby Dulcet » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:15 pm

I do get them, but I didn't always and I think it's abnormal. I don't get them appropriately -- if you hold a gun to my head I won't freak out - but if I'm paranoid about something that isn't actually happening I may

Hormones and neurotransmitters also play a vital role in supporting the biological connection with the disorder. The disordered displaying symptoms of impulsivity and aggression have naturally lower levels of adrenaline in their blood when calm and excited. Adrenaline is a hormone released in higher amounts when the sympathetic system responds to excitable stimuli, such as anxiety, pressure, danger, and joy. Possibly, the variance of this hormone attributes to some symptoms showed by the disordered. The lack of adrenaline, stimulation, might cause the disordered to becomes easily bored and attempt to seek thrills by more dangerous and extreme measures in order to obtain arousal and excitement. This lower hormone concentration also supports reasoning for antisocial and dangerous behavior, because one who is not as stimulated in dangerous situations with fear and anxiety, would feel less aversion to initiating and participating in these situations (5).

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/s ... y-disorder
Dulcet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Reaper » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:10 pm

Yes, I've experienced an adrenaline rush, but very few experiences give me that rush and it never seems to last long, which is disappointing because then I'm left craving it again.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Powerkip » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:18 pm

Reaper wrote:Yes, I've experienced an adrenaline rush, but very few experiences give me that rush and it never seems to last long, which is disappointing because then I'm left craving it again.

When did you feel it and what makes you crave it?
Powerkip
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:48 am

I assume you're asking me when I felt it at the time. I felt it right afterwards.

It's the final act shall we say that gave me the rush. I probably felt it during that too, but didn't really notice it until right after.

What makes me crave it is the feeling itself. It's like the ultimate drug. It feels euphoric. It takes away all of that almost constant boredom I normally feel, but only for a brief period of time.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:10 am

i don't like adrenaline. it reminds of times when i was in a constant state of adrenalin to cope and it totally drained me. i was happier out of it. now i associate it with bad things. it does make you more able to deal with stressors in some ways though.

i like the opposite. being sedated.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Powerkip » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Reaper wrote:I assume you're asking me when I felt it at the time. I felt it right afterwards.

After what exactly? What am I missing here..?

it reminds of times when i was in a constant state of adrenalin to cope and it totally drained me.

What caused you to be in a constant state of adrenalin? What makes you feel adrenalin now? How did adrenalin drain you?
Powerkip
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:17 pm

what i perceived to be a chaotic environment, where having a place to sleep at night was uncertain, etc.

what makes me feel adrenaline now? i equate adrenaline with fear. if i am not fearful then i am calm. to me there is no pleasurable sensation of fear. all fear is bad so i guess i don't experience adrenalin. it's either fear or calm.

adrenaline drains you because it uses up all the body's resources quickly - focus, energy, etc.

i think i equate adrenaline with fear and so don't allow myself to experience the pleasurable sensation of it. like i'll squash it with calm.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:21 am

Powerkip wrote:
Reaper wrote:I assume you're asking me when I felt it at the time. I felt it right afterwards.

After what exactly? What am I missing here..?

You don't need to know the answer to that.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Devil » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:06 am

It's the final act shall we say that gave me the rush. I probably felt it during that too, but didn't really notice it until right after.

You really need to drop that fuking serial killer act you put on dude. You were less talking out of your ass when you were Demon.

Arson, especially burglary should do the trick for the small criminals among you.
Devil
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:33 pm

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post