Our partner

AsPD and sadism

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Ada, CloudShark

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

AsPD and sadism

Postby animalstatic » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:04 pm

How many people here with AsPD have sadistic traits?

How many non-AsPD individuals have sadistic traits, in your estimation?

I have my moments, but mostly, I don't care about inflicting pain except out of revenge. *waves to FBI* It's just an idea. I'm not planning on committing assault or homicide, as tempting as it is.
Dx: AsPD

"Conscience is, in most men, an anticipation of the opinion of others." - Henry Taylor

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back
animalstatic
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:52 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: AsPD and sadism

Postby Chainsaw » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:28 pm

I always laugh when people tell me about their ###$ up life or when they tell me bad news and I also feel amused when I have to tell them bad news. I don't hurt people emotionally or attack them for fun anymore, but I did this when I was younger. When someone annoys me, I always fantasize about killing this person or ruining their life. The only reason that I don't it is because I am too lazy, don't want to go to jail and due to shallow affect.
ASPD
Chainsaw
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (8)

Postby carmensandiego » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:36 pm

I have both sadistic and masochistic traits. Sadistic mostly towards certain types of people. Self-righteousness and certain types of arrogance really gets me.
"There's that whole nature versus nurture question, isn't it? Was I born a cute, vindictive, little bitch or... did society make me that way? I go back and forth on that..."
carmensandiego
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:52 am

Postby Reaper » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:47 am

I am a sadist. I know that from personal experience. I imagine that most people with AsPD are sadists. Not all, but certainly most.

I have no idea how many non-AsPD people have sadistic traits. Due to many of them having empathy, compassion and a moral conscience I would think that most are probably not very sadistic, if at all.
There is but one rule - hunt or be hunted

Antimon wrote:Reaper is like a lvl 99 boss here
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:52 am

Postby Mr Prosocial » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:36 am

I enjoy ruining ppl who screw me over andi like seeing ppl suffer strong negative emotions and could enjoy seeing ppl I dislike suffer physical pain but I don't get aroused sexually by it
Mr Prosocial
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:52 am

Postby Reaper » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:41 am

Mr Prosocial wrote:I enjoy ruining ppl who screw me over andi like seeing ppl suffer strong negative emotions and could enjoy seeing ppl I dislike suffer physical pain but I don't get aroused sexually by it

I enjoy hurting people simply for my own pleasure. It doesn't matter who they are. They could be complete strangers who have never done anything to me.

Do you like that as well, or do you only have a desire to hurt people who you feel deserve it?

Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby The Prisoner » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:11 am

I am sadistic but I think that's just being a sociopath and any sociopath is a sadist. I don't usually want to physically hurt people but a high functioning sociopath is conflicted about that. Mostly I am passive agressive. I can be perfectly friendly with people but I am still pushing their buttons and it does freak a lot of people out so that they think that I'm evil I suppose. But I might casually say something just to freak them out and it might just be me being a bit too familiar with them for their liking. I used to hate myself for pushing people away with my disfunctional behaviour but what I am really doing is testing them and it is a defence mechanism.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.
The Prisoner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Postby Reaper » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:26 am

The Prisoner wrote:I don't usually want to physically hurt people

Then you are not a sadist.

A sadist is someone who enjoys inflicting pain on others.

Sadists like seeing other people hurt.

a high functioning sociopath is conflicted about that.

You're an avoidant. What makes you think you can speak on behalf of sociopaths when you don't even share the mindset.

You really need to drop that fuking label.

Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby The Prisoner » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:44 am

Sadism is a personality trait and just because you are obsessed with violence it is just not the case that a sadistic person is a violent person by definition. I can do all sorts of sadistic things that have nothing to do with inflicting physical pain, which is just physical pain and damage. I suppose that I enjoy rough sex but I just wouldn't get turned on by somebody being scared and hating me. What's that all about? Do you want people to hate you because you're so unlovable?

I will call myself a high functioning sociopath if I like and I am sorry that you are so jealous about it. I told you that I am conflicted. Just because I'm not totally sadistic that doesn't mean that I'm not a sadistic person. It just means that I have more control over it than you do.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.
The Prisoner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Postby Reaper » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:52 am

The Prisoner wrote:I can do all sorts of sadistic things that have nothing to do with inflicting physical pain

Like what exactly?

I will call myself a high functioning sociopath if I like

Sure, and why don't you call yourself the fairy fuking godmother while you're at it.

It's about as legit.

Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies