Ask a Mental Health Expert
12 Mental Health Experts are Online Now.
A Question is Answered Every 11 seconds!
Ask an Expert >

Our partner

AsPD and sadism

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Ada, CloudShark

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Re: AsPD and sadism

Postby Follow-me-down » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:47 pm

Idk, I have always had extremely graphic revenge fantasies, but have only seriously injured a handful of people in my life (for a girl, I was a violent little kid. I also got into martial arts and kickboxing which didn't help). I never really had sadistic urges towards animals. I mean, I shot some birds, chipmunks, squirrels, rabbits etc out of boredom, but I was never the "I would just love to skin some puppies right now" sort.
Follow-me-down
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby fiveintime » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:05 pm

I have sadistic traits. That's actually what brought me to this forum to start with, way back when. Suffering is sexy.

I'm not ASPD. I do have empathy, albeit, highly selective. Ironically, I think that's part of what makes suffering so sexy--that I can feel and exchange the pain. Utter dominance and vulnerability at the same time. Suffering is infinitely intimate.
I'm not crazy. My reality is just different from yours.
fiveintime
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:57 am

Postby xSid » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:14 pm

I am not sure if I have sadistic traits or not. In not-sexual context, I can get very caught up in a fight and really escalate things and just keep escalating them. Since I don't have a way to actually feel other's pain, I don't know whether it's sadistic or anything, but it sure comes with a strong sentiment of getting my way and make the other guy unable to resist. I don't know how exactly to express this. Like, in the moment I am very caught up with the situation, everything goes just really fast and all that exists in my mind, is that I have to do whatever I can to get the upper hand of the situation. Maybe it's more masochistic than sadistic, cause the pain I feel fuels all these sentiments and makes me react more forcefully.

Sexually, I probably have some sadistic traits. I enjoy rough sex and roughing it up makes it more fun for both me and the girl - usually at least. Nothing too extreme though, some roughness, restraining/immobilizing the girl, the occasional slap on the ass, anal, etc. I am perfectly fine having completely normal sex though, if I am in a lazy mood or the girl does not like it more rough. I have some masochistic traits as well, I quite enjoy both tying up a chick, or being tied up myself.
xSid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Exempt » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:51 pm

I'm pretty big into sadism, but like the mainstream sexual kind not anything extreme right now.

BDSM is where it's at for me currently <3

I love me my submissive girls.
May you find what you are looking for.
Exempt
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:57 am

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:59 pm

i don't find BDSM very appealing.

first, it's exclusively sexual....when there is more to a relationship even with a dominant/submissive dynamic

and also...and most importantly...it's not real

i know the person doesn't really hate me. i know i am not really provoking them or seducing them, etc..

what does that do for me?

it's just play acting, so it doesn't really move me or mean the same..
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ratatatat » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:00 am

Yes, for me, power is what defines all relationships.

I love it when people justify it by saying "Yeah, well he has power over the car since he bought it, but I have the pussy!" or "..But i have power of his social life!" Or "..I have the power to ruin him!"

Oh do you?

And then the naive women trys to exert her power.. and gets clubbed in the face by society and their unwillingness to listen to women and their emotional ramblings.

-- Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:01 pm --

Like, you didn't get raped.. stop being dramatic.
ratatatat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Devil » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:16 am

I'm a sadist. I enjoy having control over people, inflicting and seeing them in pain.

Follow-me-down wrote:I was never the "I would just love to skin some puppies right now" sort.

You don't skin animals - you crush them.
Devil
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ratatatat » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:22 am

Crush all the meat? You're an animal.

Just destroy it's skull and then use the skin for decoration or personal clothing, and eat the meat. The bones can be whittled into reusable tooth-picks
ratatatat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby fiveintime » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:24 pm

http://www.psychologicalscience.org/index.php/news/were-only-human/everyday-sadism-throwing-light-on-the-dark-triad.html

Interesting article, especially the part about "the dark tetrad." It's a good explanation of why some sociopaths are intentionally malevolent, whereas others are just callous opportunists and thrill seekers.
I'm not crazy. My reality is just different from yours.
fiveintime
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby summernights » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Sadist in bed no doubt
summernights
Consumer 5
Consumer 5