Our partner

can you cause brain damage by hitting yourself on the temple

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: can you cause brain damage by hitting yourself on the temple

Postby LAmourToujours » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:18 pm

crystal_richardson_ wrote:i wasn't doing it to relieve stress or depression...i just wanted to see what would happen if i hit myself hard enough in the temple based on the scrappin' thread cuz i've never been knocked out and also never really realized how SOFT AND SENSITIVE the temple area is...

my head is pretty hard but that temple area is really vulnerable...i never even noticed until now and now i am freaking out!

can you kill brain cells from just hitting yourself precisely with your knuckles in that area until it really hurts?

there is no external swelling and all i am experiencing is mild dizziness and blurred vision atm but i don't know if that's just because i am thinking about this...

sweetheart, it's hard to tell if you lost brain cells if hitting yourself in the temple was a good idea prior..
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
LAmourToujours
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:23 pm

it just didn't seem right that that part of the head could be so sensitive...

it just doesn't make sense...how could evolution get it so wrong?

vulnerability around the eyes and neck, etc, are unavoidable...the eyes have to be vulnerable for them to work...there is no way to prevent that short of evolving some kind of transparent glass bone to cover them

but the temple area?

why didn't we just evolve a stronger bone there? it's a very simple evolution and it should have been selected for given all the untimely deaths from blows to that part

it must be a vestige of our past...and we haven't evolved long enough to develop protection against

it is a serious flaw in the human body.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:54 pm

Postby LAmourToujours » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:30 pm

crystal_richardson_ wrote:it just didn't seem right that that part of the head could be so sensitive...

it just doesn't make sense...how could evolution get it so wrong?

vulnerability around the eyes and neck, etc, are unavoidable...the eyes have to be vulnerable for them to work...there is no way to prevent that short of evolving some kind of transparent glass bone to cover them

but the temple area?

why didn't we just evolve a stronger bone there? it's a very simple evolution and it should have been selected for given all the untimely deaths from blows to that part

it must be a vestige of our past...and we haven't evolved long enough to develop protection against

it is a serious flaw in the human body.

at least it's in a protectable area - something flies at your face, your instinct will be to cover that area - poor handless people :/

it's where two parts of the skull join - I doubt we will evolve to harder heads

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ropped.png
LAmourToujours
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby NotAsCrazyAsIThought » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:30 pm

LAmourToujours wrote:brain cells isn't what you'd be worried about, those are disposable - causing internal bleeds, clots, vision and hearing loss would be the primary concerns

Total nonsense , bleeds and clots cause brain cell death , that's literally a stroke.

I wouldn't do it because of possible domino effect in the complex web of brain veins , resulting in a stroke , stroke can really screw your life. Look for a photo that shows an alive brain and its veins , It's an absurd how much blood and water we have in the brain.

Also , I read that the head trauma affects the brain as whole because the brain is like a gelatine , when you hit your head , your whole brain shakes and kneads itself in heavy traumas like a frontal car hit.

Am I the only one who doesn't have the appeal to self harm here?
I come from a place where my language works very differently from english. Forgive me if I sound confusing or if I misunderstand anything.
NotAsCrazyAsIThought
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:54 pm

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:31 pm

LT,

there is no reason for them to be separate parts though...because they don't move

the jaw needs to move hence it is separate...but your skull doesn't move where your eyes are...

perhaps some time in our past it did?

i dunno....

-- Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:37 pm --

Pooshmeu wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't have the appeal to self harm here?

i was just curious!

plus i didn't really hurt myself...i was literally just tapping it sort of hard

i just don't know exactly how suscpetible the artery underneath is...could very mild internal bruising lead to brain cell loss?

i am barely smart enough to live my life currently lol...i can't afford to lose any!
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby NotAsCrazyAsIThought » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Crystal what lamous Said is true , the brain skull is like a made puzzle , look for head traumas (strong direct hits , no cuts , murders and car hits) and look at the traumatized skull and you'll see that it seems that one part of the "puzzle" were disjointed from the other bones. The Temple is a delicate jointing part , we probably didn't hit it enough trough our evolution.
Last edited by NotAsCrazyAsIThought on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I come from a place where my language works very differently from english. Forgive me if I sound confusing or if I misunderstand anything.
NotAsCrazyAsIThought
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:54 pm

Postby LAmourToujours » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:41 pm

I don't self harm, I don't understand it.

Crystal - I appreciate your hands on dedication to the principles of this thread! Let us know your results!
LAmourToujours
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:19 pm

i know they ARE separate parts

i am just saying it doesn't make SENSE that they are...

it makes for a weaker structure..
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby NoM8s » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:22 pm

The front brain is supposed to be responsible for abstract thinking. Neanderthals had a hard protective skull at the brow and an extended backbrain. You can actually tell if someone is a dullard by looking at the shape of their skulls. The Nazis tried to do this to eliminate retards from the gene pool. If you have arteries exposed that increases blood flow efficiency and stops the brain from becoming overheated. It is that simple.
NoM8s
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:25 pm

NoM8s wrote:If you have arteries exposed that increases blood flow efficiency and stops the brain from becoming overheated.

that's possible..

-- Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:27 pm --

NoM8s wrote:The front brain is supposed to be responsible for abstract thinking. Neanderthals had a hard protective skull at the brow and an extended backbrain. You can actually tell if someone is a dullard by looking at the shape of their skulls. The Nazis tried to do this to eliminate retards from the gene pool. If you have arteries exposed that increases blood flow efficiency and stops the brain from becoming overheated. It is that simple.

so do you think i did any damage to my brain or lost any brain cells by hitting myself in the temple with my knuckle precisely?

i am not really experiencing any out of the ordinary symptoms atm...but maybe there is some 'silent' damage?
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post