Our partner

valentines dates

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: valentines dates

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:28 am

lolidk downplays her narcissism on here because isn't as well received as she expected. if you read her older posts it's more obvious imo, especially her first ones. she'll even downplay her subsequent responses to you if she thinks it isn't well received.

which i don't know, is that characteristic of NPD? that sort of self-monitoring?

anyway, that relationship arrangement isn't really restrictive at all, i guess it is how you see it.

like...am i a queen or a dependent at someone else's mercy?

i think it is silly to interpret it as the latter...especially when you can just leave and fall back on mommy and daddy...or just find someone else.

i mean even while you are with someone you get to know quite intimately their friends, etc, so there are lots of options should things go sour.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:17 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Courtier » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:31 am

You're just trying to trick me into reading through all of her posts like I do when something doesn't add up. :)
Courtier
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:32 am

i so am not, and i think you should get that checked out...lol

i wasn't suggesting she is a particularly changeable person or anything...just i think self-aware of her N-ness and downplays it.

common traits among anyone with at least average social skills lol...but NPD?

i always thought NPD were shameless about their narcissism...or insistent maybe a better word...uncompromising

because to act otherwise is an ego threat, etc..

-- Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:37 am --

i agree she comes off as atypical...to the point of disbelief...or suspecting misdiagnosis

other women with NPD who have posted on the NPD forum are different...more uncompromising...insistent...won't bend, etc..

although i've heard she's insidious...maybe mild sociopath fits better
Last edited by crystal_richardson_ on Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Smelljasmine » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:37 am

I think it is a valid point.

Some men are threatened when a woman makes more money. I can see where a woman may feel uncomfortable if a man has more.
Smelljasmine
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 am

Postby Courtier » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:38 am

Lol. I wonder what PD that obsessive quality is indicative of :lol:

Her diagnosis is NPD with BPD features - maybe the diagnosis is flipped the wrong way.

I'm not going to make any firm suggestions before getting a full picture but since she seems to think she's attractive, grew up upper middle, social, yet still bullied, I think she feels she has to achieve to feel worth something (because the rest wasn't enough as a kid)

The one thing that confuses me so far is why if her fear is losing a narc supply she doesn't invest in a long term partner instead of juggling narc supply from lots of short term ones. Maybe the urge to 'discard' before they do it to her is too strong. She doesn't like the dependence on that one person so she finds somebody else before the investment becomes too high.

although i've heard she's insidious...maybe mild sociopath fits better

Sexy :oops:
Courtier
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:44 am

Smelljasmine wrote:I think it is a valid point.

Some men are threatened when a woman makes more money. I can see where a woman may feel uncomfortable if a man has more.

how?

i don't see it...

a man's ability to provide is his power...a women's is her attraction

with her attraction she obtains his power vicariously...and him her pleasure

it doesn't make sense for a woman to want to be independent...it is like denying her power

i think it is more to do with image...

-- Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:49 am --

i mean it makes more sense if you are middleclass or higher and thus don't really need to pair up for the sake of livelihood...but i personally couldn't live at home lol

and i don't like...even though couldn't anyway...the idea of getting funds from parents

THAT would be a sort of unwelcome control over my head
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Courtier » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:53 am

There are a few contradictions like her 5 year finance. I'm not sure what's going on yet but it's the weekend and I can't be arsed. Next week :)
Courtier
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:54 am

you poor thing.

oh well, at least it won't be 27k posts this time :)
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Smelljasmine » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:34 am

The inconsistencies on this bored are ripe!
Smelljasmine
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 am

Postby DapperNarwhal » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:42 am

I never have time for Valentine's Day dates. It's my birthday on that day, so I'm usually too busy treating myself to birthday stuff. :lol:
DX: ASPD
DapperNarwhal
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:17 am

PreviousNext

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post