Our partner

Do you manipulate people by flattering and seducing them?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Do you manipulate people by flattering and seducing them?

Postby justagirl00 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:30 pm

A little while back I visited a friend of mine who bartends at a bar. He always gives me free drinks and food so I go now and then to hang out while he's working.

well he had another friend of his show up while I was there. this friend of his started talking to me and came on really strong. he was being super flattering. saying I was like "the top 1%". I know he was only flattering because i'm not that great. he was telling me these grandiose stories like if I try this one wine it will be a "life changing experience." he gave me this Navajo necklace he was wearing, for some reason. gave me his number and email and told me to contact him to hang out (I never did). my friend was getting a little pissed off, I think.

this guy also told some stories like he was banned from these other places, these restaurants and places like that. he didn't give too many details about why. blamed it on someone else. kind of raised a red flag for me though.

I got to thinking this guy was probably a psychopath and he was trying to manipulate me. his "game" was just way too over the top to be real. very few people I meet flatter me that much or tell me these grandiose stories like that, or come on so strong trying to seduce me. he was really invading my friend's territory, too, since I was his guest.

is this psychopathic type of seduction/manipulation? or maybe NPD'ish? (not sure what he wanted out of me though)
justagirl00
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Do you manipulate people by flattering and seducing them?

Postby Audentia » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:17 pm

Regardless of whether that guy was mentally ill or not he must have came on too strong and raised some red flags with his over the top flattery. Nowadays, word is out that too much flattery is fake and a bad sign thanks to all the efforts in the media and in research to expose the public to sociopathic and/or psychopathic traits to help people avoid getting victimized. So some old seductive tricks used by men who just want to manipulate a woman into having sex have become known in the public consciousness to be a sleazy tactic so now it raises flags.
Audentia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm

Postby justagirl00 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:32 pm

good point Audentia

maybe he was just spitting game

the thing about being banned from restaurants was kind of weird, though :lol:

then again, all of what I described could be bpd behavior too.
justagirl00
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Nasty_Boy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:56 pm

Absolutely, it's very effective.
We secretly look for salvation, but when we realize there is no salvation, there, is our salvation
Life is a mystery to be experienced, not a riddle to be solved
Nasty_Boy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:27 am

Postby Reaper » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:18 am

justagirl00 wrote:is this psychopathic type of seduction/manipulation? or maybe NPD'ish? (not sure what he wanted out of me though)

The way he's flaunting himself, it's as though he thinks you should appreciate his attention. Seems a bit NPD'ish to me, but who knows.

I don't know why you want to associate his behavior with a label for. What difference does it make if you're not interested in him anyway.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby TheSinner » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:24 am

honestly im not very good at faking romantic type things, nor really dealing with women in general for too long. plain trickery and manipulation work but with them i just cant really do so for an extended amount of time

all their feelings and needs and emotions, i dont even know its so much work yet even more confusing. i cant comprehend it and i just get frustrated and want to smash their pretty little skulls in with a brick. idk i just cant wrap my head around it
TheSinner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 pm

Postby justagirl00 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:45 am

Dark Soul wrote:
justagirl00 wrote:is this psychopathic type of seduction/manipulation? or maybe NPD'ish? (not sure what he wanted out of me though)

The way he's flaunting himself, it's as though he thinks you should appreciate his attention. Seems a bit NPD'ish to me, but who knows.

I don't know why you want to associate his behavior with a label for. What difference does it make if you're not interested in him anyway.

Thanks guys.

DS I just started thinking abt it and got curious. His behavior was odd. Even if he was attracted to me its weird to come on so strong and over the top.
justagirl00
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Inquisitor » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:13 am

To ask this question is to answer it. 8)
Inquisitor
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby mushybaNaNaNa » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:09 am

I've never found this method to work for me I don't know if its my apparent autism or just my face, but it makes me really upset
mushybaNaNaNa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby lolidk » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Obviously as an attractive female, I don't need to use manipulative tactics to get guys to have sex with me. I do, however use sex or flirtation to get things that I want, like for guys to buy me things, send me money, ect because he thinks he has a shot with me.
DX: NPD
lolidk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post