Our partner

Do I exhibit psychopathic traits?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Do I exhibit psychopathic traits?

Postby chums » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:39 pm

Hey! I'm sure you've seen this same question a hundred times but i have to ask..its a bit long so bear with me.

I seem to lack emotion or remorse. Many close friends and family say that.I have been described as being impulsive. I can have an avid interest in something for 3 days then completely lose interest in it.When my maternal grandfather died I was the only one who never cried. I actually had to force myself to cry to not feel like i was sticking out. In fact the only true emotion I have ever felt is rage. However I am able to quickly get it under control and hide it. But keep it inside me and get revenge when the person who made me angry least expects it. I love nobody, not even my parents. I do however feel a sense of loyalty for them which i dont feel for anyone else. I lie a lot, even when telling the truth is easier and less risky. I dont have a criminal record but do not hesitate to cut lines or steal when i can get away with it, I have physically hurt others and have gained a feeling which i can only describe as when you are extremely thirsty and finally drink some water (extreme satisfaction). My paternal grandfather has the same personality traits as i do (only see him once every 2-3 years as we live in different countries).I am also extremely manipulative, if i see any competition to my social or academic life i manipulate them or others to come up on top.(I have ruined the reputation of one and caused another to have an extreme dip in academics by introducing ritalin(ADD medecine) to him and making him dependent on it despite him not needing it) I also belong to a highly endogamous ethnic group so i would also like to know if psychopathy has a genetic cause.

side note: my parents are extremely loving. I have never been neglected or abused in any way and neither have they spoiled me by letting me do whatever i wanted (there was discipline).
chums
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Do I exhibit psychopathic traits?

Postby flukeekulf » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:54 pm

Well at least you tried not say am I a psychopath.
Gods Water,
Crumble To Nothing

EmoX
flukeekulf
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby flukeekulf » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Discipline is nice, you should consider yourself extremely disciplined, also you haven't been aware of the damage you cause others, but that is okay.
Gods Water,
Crumble To Nothing

EmoX
flukeekulf
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby Darak » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:07 pm

"If you search properly, you can find entrance to the Satanic Web, the Catholic Web and the Midget Web. With enough search, you can even reach the Mordor Web, but only if you have the Gandalph extension."
- K1du
Darak
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:16 am

Postby Armadillo » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:17 pm

* open secret doors in my posts & find sth I like: play
* I am the beginning of eternity and the end of time and space. I am the beginning of every end and the end of every place... answer
*pic: Akhenaten
Armadillo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Dazz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:24 pm

This is a Antisocial Personality Disorder forum, psychopaths are referred to Sociopath Community, I'm sure your find you're validation there.
Dazz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:16 am

Postby Katarina2 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:32 pm

You're almost there, just one final thing we need to know for our assessment: do you like cats?
Katarina2
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Dazz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:38 pm

Wannabe wrote:You're almost there, just one final thing we need to know for our assessment: do you like cats?

Don't forget bitter foods and drinks.
Dazz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:16 am

Postby lolidk » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:15 pm

DX: NPD
lolidk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6