Our partner

How laid-back are you?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

How laid-back are you?

Postby HNM » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:52 pm

I was diagnosed with NPD/ASPD by my therapist of 6 years.

In general, though, I'm a really unassuming guy. Low key personality, not chatty all the time, pretty chill. I think it's really because I have very few impulses. I don't really have any wants or passions, but when I do get them, nothing can fukin stop me, not even potential jail time. But this has only happened a few times. My main personality characteristics that align with ASPD are: I'm manipulative to the extreme, ice-cold emotionally, and socially dominating, albeit in a smooth and soft-spoken manner. I live off of my aunt and uncle right now in a very nice home, which my shrink considers "parasitic", though I think it's mutually beneficial in many ways.

Anyway. How laid back are you? Are you loud, energetic, and outwardly antagonistic, or smooth, relaxed, and inwardly scheming and deviant?
HNM
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How laid-back are you?

Postby mushybaNaNaNa » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:17 pm

If i want something from you, i am loud, eccentric, domineering and focused.

It's funny.. in high school i had a group i hung out with senior year because i was banging a girl who hung out with them all. Whenever something strange, dangerous, off beat happened, everyone would always crack up when they saw my face, and they would say, "so chill, haha", and then the "leader" of their group would always be like, "no, he's TOO chill. Too chill dude.. too chill."

Hahahaha. They cracked me up. They smoked me up though regularly so i dealt with the clearly narcissistic "leader". He always looked up to the fact that i had my girl friend wrapped around my finger. He once asked me how i do it and i started to actually tell him because i was drunk.. i was talking for like 10 minutes to a group of guys all like huddled over and trying to absorb the knowledge. It was fuking hilarious.

So, i am laid back, but extroverted when i have my eye on something.
mushybaNaNaNa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:50 pm

Postby mushybaNaNaNa » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:28 pm

To be more specific, the situations that come to mind when i think of the "too chill" comments were, lighting up a joint for snoop dogg in the House of Blues, lack of reaction when girl friend got mad at me, lack of response in general or lack of tact and thought

The majority of the time it was when people got mad at me, or when i ticked off other people. They found this hilarious because i'd just sort of stand their and listen while everyone else was ready to square up
mushybaNaNaNa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby graveflower » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:35 pm

I'm lazy when not in public.

In public I'm driven, quiet, but semi antagonistic/angry to a fault. I haven't found a way to extinguish the fire yet. If I like you, and you're valuable, I'm your BFF. If you're a piece of $hit fck that tries to manipulate me and has zero social worth, you'll experience my other side. My goal is to maintain a complete social persona 100% of the time, but I'm not there yet. It's hard for me to resist the temptation to fck with ppl that annoy me.

I rely heavily on charm/looks because my personality can be too abrasive. I'm BPD also, so you can see how that works against me socially. :oops:
graveflower
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:50 pm

Postby HNM » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:46 pm

mindfunkmmMM wrote:If i want something from you, i am loud, eccentric, domineering and focused.

It's funny.. in high school i had a group i hung out with senior year because i was banging a girl who hung out with them all. Whenever something strange, dangerous, off beat happened, everyone would always crack up when they saw my face, and they would say, "so chill, haha", and then the "leader" of their group would always be like, "no, he's TOO chill. Too chill dude.. too chill."

Hahahaha. They cracked me up. They smoked me up though regularly so i dealt with the clearly narcissistic "leader". He always looked up to the fact that i had my girl friend wrapped around my finger. He once asked me how i do it and i started to actually tell him because i was drunk.. i was talking for like 10 minutes to a group of guys all like huddled over and trying to absorb the knowledge. It was fuking hilarious.

Haha. We're the same. It was the same for me in highschool, too. Narcs wish they could be us lol
HNM
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:50 pm

Postby mushybaNaNaNa » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:50 pm

HNM wrote:Haha. We're the same. It was the same for me in highschool, too. Narcs wish they could be us lol

It's true. Especially when my dad is classic overt NPD, and i know how to get along with them.

The upper class narcissists in high school never fuked with me because they knew i didn't buy into their illusion. The middle class narcs were leeches to my dick, thought i liked them more than i did, and would mimic things i say and movements i do. Lower class narcs smelled like cheese and couldn't take a hint :oops:
mushybaNaNaNa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Reaper » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:22 am

It really depends on the situation and who I'm with as to how I act.

I'm the type of person who hates sitting around talking about things we could do. I'd rather just get up and do them. I'm very action-oriented.

I suck at multi-tasking though. I can only really focus on one thing at a time. If I have multiple things to do I really have to make myself stop and concentrate on what needs to be done, otherwise I just impulsively do things and not really think about what I'm doing.

I can be pretty antagonistic when I'm bored and looking for trouble. You can almost guarantee that if there's any arguing when I'm around, I'll be right in the middle of it (though, not always).

I'm one of the most extroverted, talkative people in the group if the group is big enough, but I can be pretty quiet in small groups and one-on-one conversations, unless the conversation really interests me.

No matter what I do I am always pretty laid back for the most part in that I don't worry about shlt.
Reaper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:50 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby lolidk » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:38 am

HNM wrote:I was diagnosed with NPD/ASPD by my therapist of 6 years.

In general, though, I'm a really unassuming guy. Low key personality, not chatty all the time, pretty chill. I think it's really because I have very few impulses. I don't really have any wants or passions, but when I do get them, nothing can fukin stop me, not even potential jail time. But this has only happened a few times. My main personality characteristics that align with ASPD are: I'm manipulative to the extreme, ice-cold emotionally, and socially dominating, albeit in a smooth and soft-spoken manner. I live off of my aunt and uncle right now in a very nice home, which my shrink considers "parasitic", though I think it's mutually beneficial in many ways.

Anyway. How laid back are you? Are you loud, energetic, and outwardly antagonistic, or smooth, relaxed, and inwardly scheming and deviant?

I'm laid back in my opinion. I'm talkative in some contexts but I don't see a point to small talk.
DX: NPD
lolidk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:50 pm

Postby wooster » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:07 am

mindfunkmmMM wrote: The upper class narcissists in high school never fuked with me because they knew i didn't buy into their illusion. The middle class narcs were leeches to my dick, thought i liked them more than i did, and would mimic things i say and movements i do. Lower class narcs smelled like cheese and couldn't take a hint :oops:
I think NPD affects approx 1 - 2% of the population? And that's in shrink-obsessed America, the number would be even lower in Europe. Did you go to a *speshul needs* school specifically ran for narcs that you had them around from all walks of life?
wooster
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:50 pm

Postby mushybaNaNaNa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:10 am

Haha, no, but my class had 450 people, and my town was uppity and generally filled with narcissists. Furthermore, most everyone up until graduating college could be seen as a narcissist. A very self centered time. Notice i said narcissist in the post you quoted, not NPD.

ra ra ra pick apart my sht
mushybaNaNaNa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post