Our partner

what makes you?

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

what makes you?

Postby madjoe » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:33 pm

what makes you good?
what makes you bad?
(name what makes you evil and what makes you evil)
i like to bully = bad
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:46 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: what makes you?

Postby animalstatic » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:20 pm

I don't believe in evil. That probably makes me evil.

I used to listen to rap as a teenager. Everyone has to admit that's pretty bad. Not badass, just bad.

I lied to my mom once.
Dx: AsPD

"Conscience is, in most men, an anticipation of the opinion of others." - Henry Taylor

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back
animalstatic
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:46 pm

Postby The-Triple-Threat » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:30 pm

Nietzsche would say that 'good and evil' is a function of Slave Morality and so anything that goes against the people as a whole is 'evil' according to those people. In Slave Morality, evil is found first (oppressed attitude) and good discovered later. Contrary to that, you have Master Morality where good is defined first then bad (not evil) discovered later. Neither attitude of morality is is incorrect, however. You've just got to look at the groups who create them to understand that they make sense to those people. Self-love isn't a concept of Slave Morality and so when sociopaths have this attitude, they conform to Master Morality which is inherently evil according to Slave Morality.

Thus, we can argue that what is evil is only what the oppressed tells us it is for without that oppression and resentment we have only good and bad; Evil is the way in which these people turn what they don't have into something that's undesirable and to be met with contempt/scorn. Most people follow this thinking because they too resent those who can embrace Master Morality.

I understand that this post may be a little convoluted but I think it better answers your question than examples could.

-- Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:40 pm --

animalstatic wrote:I don't believe in evil. That probably makes me evil.

Essentially, this is correct. You're really quite pithy. I envy and admire that.
The-Triple-Threat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby InSpiritus » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:53 pm

..it's relative to which side of the equation you are on...lol...then the screaming starts..
InSpiritus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby madjoe » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:20 pm

avoidant
quel surpise :roll:
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Avruk » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:30 pm

muslim terrorist kills Americans:
good to me
good to muslims
evil to muricans

muslim terrorist kills my people:
evil to me
good to muslims
evil to muricans

anti-terrists kill terrorists:
good to me
evil to muslims
good to muricans

evil and good are subjective, but they exist.
Avruk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:46 am

Postby IKellyI » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:51 pm

Avruk wrote:muslim terrorist kills Americans:
good to me
good to muslims
evil to muricans

muslim terrorist kills my people:
evil to me
good to muslims
evil to muricans

anti-terrists kill terrorists:
good to me
evil to muslims
good to muricans

evil and good are subjective, but they exist.

lol. Love this. Should read more like:

Muricans kill Avruk´s people:
good to me
Avruk really doesn´t care as long as people are dying and it isn´t him
good to Muricans for a couple years until it goes on too long and everyone is tired of it and compains

=D
You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.
IKellyI
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:13 am

You'll notice that those who are part of the same group tend to share interests and therefore moralities.

It is possible that the world's population could be similar enough that all the earth's people would have the same or roughly the same interests, and therefore moralities.

Therefore, morality is not inherently relative to the individual.

This conception of morality springs from the current pluralism and divisiveness not only the world over but within societies to a high degree as well.

If everyone basically shared the same life, there would be little difference in their moralities and also little conflict.

However, divide and conquer has been the rule since long, and so moral relativism seems like an apparent truth.

But it's contingent on aberrant circumstances.

So there is the potential for universal right and wrong, but it depends on universalization of life and people. Making these things the same the world over.

Sameness need not be dreaded if it merely means us embracing and realizing our happiness potential by realizing the same conditions of life that make us all happy.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby HellBound87 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:46 am

As others have said morality is highly subjective. For me personally I've never been a big believer in morality as a whole.

I mean take a good look at the world around you. A good look. It is hideous and grotesque and sweet and beautiful. It is far to complex and fluid to support anything like a fragile little morality. Morality holds the "good" and the "bad", with no room for the contradiction that makes life so complex and rich. It is impossible to dice up every possible action into the neat little categories of "good" and "evil"- even the most horrific events may have a sweet aftermath and the most well-intended actions still breed destruction. Just like any other abstraction, morality is an idea that humans use to please themselves in a vain attempt to comprehend this world. It is a perception, a projection even, and not a reflection of what exists outside of our own minds.
HellBound87
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:50 am

The world currently is messy so yes it is hard to discern moral actions.

To me, morality can only be discerned as it relate to a moral world - a world (that is substantially less complex than the current) in which morality is universally discernible, among other things.

It is complexity, and especially difference of cultures and therefore peoples, that makes morality what is it today.

But if these things are not inevitable, and sameness and simplicity is desirable toward a universally desirable world, then this difference itself can be currently judged to be morally wrong, universally.
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post