Our partner

Mood Disorders

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
Attention Please. The AsPD FORUM IS CLOSED.

The AsPD forum is closed for an indefinite period of time pending discussion of member usage, and relevance of the forum, and for revision of the forum's policies. We ask that you NOT to take AsPD threads and discussions into other forums here. This will result in being permanently banned from the forums and will only result to a longer period of forum locking or a permanent shut down. Please respect the safe spaces that those forums represent for other members here.

The Team

Re: Mood Disorders

Postby mushybaNaNaNa » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:27 am

jabberwocky wrote:I have to be very mindful of what is going on and who I am dealing with. Even so, it's difficult to stay on an even keel all the time...or even most of the time.

Mhm i hear you on that.

I bet you have a pretty good read on people, 1). because you need to be able to understand your own emotions, and 2). it is kind of necessary to fit in
mushybaNaNaNa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:00 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby jabberwocky » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:15 am

mindfunkmmMM wrote:
jabberwocky wrote:I have to be very mindful of what is going on and who I am dealing with. Even so, it's difficult to stay on an even keel all the time...or even most of the time.

Mhm i hear you on that.

I bet you have a pretty good read on people, 1). because you need to be able to understand your own emotions, and 2). it is kind of necessary to fit in

I read people well, but I have a hard time trusting my instincts. It's almost always in hindsight that I realize I should have listened to my gut.

*Edit - It may because I see most people as so different to me and I'm not tuned in to their frequency. I think they can't possibly be how I read them because their behavior is so foreign to me.
"If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd lion on the ramp to Noah's Ark...and brother, it's starting to rain."
jabberwocky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00 am

Postby mushybaNaNaNa » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:20 am

I have the opposite problem - I have trouble admitting my instincts are wrong, sometimes even when facts go against it

Honestly i think that is my most delusional area.. second would be not knowing how i am perceived by others which is self delusion
mushybaNaNaNa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby jabberwocky » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:13 am

mindfunkmmMM wrote:I have the opposite problem - I have trouble admitting my instincts are wrong, sometimes even when facts go against it

Honestly i think that is my most delusional area.. second would be not knowing how i am perceived by others which is self delusion

I can see where that could be problematic. Is that a narcissistic flaw/trait?

I have an issue with how I'm perceived, as well; I usually think people think the worst of me. That probably stems from abuse, both physical and emotional. But if I can stay mindful and aware I can combat it. There are times when that is right out the window though. Like now, I realized that I'm probably rapid cycling and it is driving those close to me right round the bend. Now...how to combat that?
"If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the 3rd lion on the ramp to Noah's Ark...and brother, it's starting to rain."
jabberwocky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby mushybaNaNaNa » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:55 am

It's definitely a narcissistic flaw, but at the same time, it is really hard not to make assumptions when historically I have a good track record

Yeah, I tend to think in extremes regarding others perception of me. Usually I think I am more flattering than I really am, other times I think I am being offputing when someone really doesn't even give a sht.

For combatting cycles, honestly man, I'm a big advocate for self medication. I tend to smoke weed for a month, stop for a month, ect since I was 15. It not only levels me out, but makes me feel passion and speeds up my heart rate while keeping me docile
mushybaNaNaNa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby jabberwocky » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:16 am

mindfunkmmMM wrote:It's definitely a narcissistic flaw, but at the same time, it is really hard not to make assumptions when historically I have a good track record

Yeah, I tend to think in extremes regarding others perception of me. Usually I think I am more flattering than I really am, other times I think I am being offputing when someone really doesn't even give a sht.

For combatting cycles, honestly man, I'm a big advocate for self medication. I tend to smoke weed for a month, stop for a month, ect since I was 15. It not only levels me out, but makes me feel passion and speeds up my heart rate while keeping me docile

I ran out of weed yesterday. lol
jabberwocky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby thesocialplayer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:41 am

jabberwocky wrote: I ran out of weed yesterday. lol

I got a good pound of it if ya'wanna toke :P
Everything can be worked with.
thesocialplayer
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby jabberwocky » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:09 am

thesocialplayer wrote:
jabberwocky wrote: I ran out of weed yesterday. lol

I got a good pound of it if ya'wanna toke :P

Want my address? lol

Man...a pound, I'd be high at all times for a year. :wink:
jabberwocky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby mushybaNaNaNa » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:49 pm

A pound could last me 32 weeks if I smoked all day
mushybaNaNaNa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6